Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Looking for Wheelchair Accessible free place to shoot outdoors

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by Johnny, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Johnny

Johnny Portland, Republic of Cascadia Active Member 2016 Volunteer

Hey Everyone, I'm back in Portland from Idaho county, Idaho. I had to leave beautiful Idaho for better healthcare help and I miss it. I miss being able to just about shoot anywhere from my front porch to the gravel pit right aside hiway 13 between Kooskia and Stites. I live in S.E. Portland and I hear gun shots from my little part of the ghetto and it makes me think each time that I need a place to target shoot. Im a paraplegic and use a wheelchair so some out of the way places are almost impossible for me to hike into. I am looking for a place that I could drive into. If anyone has knowledge of such a place, a gravel pit, BLM or whatever, It would make my summer. Thanks. Johnny

2. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

Memaloose is drive up and shoot.

3. Johnny

I thought I read that the BLM had posted "No shooting" signs out that way in another NWF forum post?

4. Johnny

Is there anything else out there like a BLM gravel pit closer to the city?

5. spookshack

spookshack Forest Grove, OR Life Member Lifetime Supporter 2016 Volunteer

On the west side, there is Browns Camp (hwy 6 towards Tillamook). It has a gravel pit. It's going to a bit of a drive if coming from Portland though....