JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Downtown. Dress like a bum - hide your rifle in the pile of sh1t in your grocery cart. Read up on Hardesty's district -- pretty good LARPing opportunities threre. @Mikej could probably give you some suggestions on other locations.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I spend too much time downtown for work as is. Need a mix of outside urban ****storm lol

Downtown. Dress like a bum - hide your rifle in the pile of sh1t in your grocery cart. Read up on Hardesty's district -- pretty good LARPing opportunities threre. @Mikej could probably give you some suggestions on other locations.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I LOL. HARD!

Unless you own the land or it's a private range, going out & about shooting with NODS seems a pretty bad idea. To me.

We used to shoot at ARPC with night vision on occasion. That club was open well after sunset, particularly in winter.

You'll never forget that night, will ya'? :s0030:

:s0131:
Likely never!
Is that on maps in Tillamook?
South side of Highway 6 as you head towards Tillamook. Maybe 10-15 minutes out from the last city you'll drive through, which is Gales Creek. It is a large area designated for off road use. Lots of folks like to do some tactical crap up in that area.

The turn off for it is at the summit of Hwy 6. Look for Beaver Dam rock pit. Should be something on here too.
I'm not sure which agency you check with to see whether it's open or not. They close it periodically to mine gravel and clean it up.

It was open as of a week and a half ago. The place is a pig sty. I'm not sure, but I'd have a hunch, that the pit it's self is only open to shooting during daylight hours. Not that the Sheriffs office has the manpower to be patrolling the area. And going out in the woods and moving around (LARPing?) shooting, not that it doesn't sound fun, COULD be a way to get in some serious trouble.

It was open as of a week and a half ago. The place is a pig sty. I'm not sure, but I'd have a hunch, that the pit it's self is only open to shooting during daylight hours. Not that the Sheriffs office has the manpower to be patrolling the area. And going out in the woods and moving around (LARPing?) shooting, not that it doesn't sound fun, COULD be a way to get in some serious trouble.

Trouble?! :s0131:

Two words…. "Bear traps".

Two more words… "Toe poppers".

Another two words… "Dueling banjos".

Now squeal!!

Have you already boresighged your laser to your rifle? If not you won't be hitting much using NODs and laser sight only. Going with this I hope you are using an IR laser otherwise it kinda defeats the whole point of LARPing in the dark.

Have fun trying to aim down sights with NODs even and also hope you got a good fit so your NODs don't sag while firing.

Also, have you tried commonly walking around with just your NV only? Takes people a minute to get their balance and perception. Everyone always walks like a baby and eats chit because of depth perception being way off. I'd say start by just moving around your house with lights out first navigating your way around without bumping into things. Then upgrade to using stairs and walking around outside on uneven ground. Sounds stupid but it'll keep you from looking stupid when you cannot move around without tripping over yourself.

Have you already boresighged your laser to your rifle? If not you won't be hitting much using NODs and laser sight only. Going with this I hope you are using an IR laser otherwise it kinda defeats the whole point of LARPing in the dark.

Have fun trying to aim down sights with NODs even and also hope you got a good fit so your NODs don't sag while firing.

Also, have you tried commonly walking around with just your NV only? Takes people a minute to get their balance and perception. Everyone always walks like a baby and eats chit because of depth perception being way off. I'd say start by just moving around your house with lights out first navigating your way around without bumping into things. Then upgrade to using stairs and walking around outside on uneven ground. Sounds stupid but it'll keep you from looking stupid when you cannot move around without tripping over yourself.
All good points. Was in MT which was easier to find a spot, already been a good few times, and yes with IR devices and nv dots for passive aiming and solid set up -- airframe, norotos shroud and tatm and wilcox arm.

The only other advice I could give you is if you do find a spot to night fire on try illuminated targets either with dangling chem lights off them or using some sort of glow paint. Pretty much what we did in Ft Drum. It's hard to tell if you're hitting or not so basically we just familiarize ourselves with the process. Was using PVS 14/7s for that and 7s for most my deployment.

Was always iffy about night time engagements since I remembered the training being a PITA with NV+IR alignment on targets while balancing all that with movement.

Of course by the time it's a full blown TIC things usually light up so NV isnt quite required anymore.

Other tid bit, if others are planning to LARP with you they all need to be just as dialed in. Only as fast as your slowest man. Communication will be a bigger key - noise light and sound discipline will be upmost in the dark.

Last Edited:
The only other advice I could give you is if you do find a spot to night fire on try illuminated targets either with dangling chem lights off them or using some sort of glow paint. Pretty much what we did in Ft Drum. It's hard to tell if you're hitting or not so basically we just familiarize ourselves with the process. Was using PVS 14/7s for that and 7s for most my deployment.

Was always iffy about night time engagements since I remembered the training being a PITA with NV+IR alignment on targets while balancing all that with movement.

Of course by the time it's a full blown TIC things usually light up so NV isnt quite required anymore.

Other tid bit, if others are planning to LARP with you they all need to be just as dialed in. Only as fast as your slowest man. Communication will be a bigger key - noise light and sound discipline will be upmost in the dark.
Yeah it's difficult. Steel targets help

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads