JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a student at OSU. I did not expect to be able to get out hunting this year. However, I now have the chance to get out at least this weekend as long as it's near-by. Anyway, as I didn't expect to get out I hadn't sighted in my rifle. Does anyone that lives near Corvallis/Albany/Philomath areas have a bore sight I can come use? Or is anyone going to a gun club today or tomorrow and will let me tag-along? I will buy you lunch for your time.

Please don't count on a boresite to do anything more than get you on paper at 25 yards. I've seen guns "boresited by a gunsmith" that shot 3 feet high at 100 yards. You cannot count on a clean kill or even a safe shot. I would offer help with the use of a range, but I'm not near you.

Good to find that out Flopsweat. I'm a total newb. I've been out 3 years and haven't shot at anything yet. Hopefully I can find someone that can help me out locally.

You need to do the following, and items 2 ~ 4 will take a long range trip

1) Bore sight

2) 25 yards dial in

3) 50 yards dial in at about 1 inch low

4) 100 yards dial in to center or 1 -2 inches high, your choice

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA