JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Requires shpmnt back to sweden, and dont know extent or cost of damage. Would like local opinion before i consider that attempt. Battery cover became cemented, so went to a bigger screwdriver. Ended up breaking through the stop for the brightness knob. Now the knob spins freely, and have a halo aound the interior casing that increased with brightness. Still have dot.

Requires shpmnt back to sweden, and dont know extent or cost of damage. Would like local opinion before i consider that attempt. Battery cover became cemented, so went to a bigger screwdriver. Ended up breaking through the stop for the brightness knob. Now the knob spins freely, and have a halo aound the interior casing that increased with brightness. Still have dot.
I did a quick perusal, and the Aimpoint US site has an RMA address of Virginia.

Interesting that Aimpoint limits their warranty to 10 years. Most all the other manufacturers have a lifetime warranty, regardless whether you were the original owner. As an example, the last scope I purchased was a Riton 7 Conquer. Here is the exact wording of the warranty that came with the scope:

Our Unlimited Lifetime Warranty requires no proof of purchase or registration. If you have an issue with your optic, send it back to us with a Warranty Claim Form and we replace it for you with a brand new product. You will not receive any repaired or refurbished products from Riton. We are also committed to sending out replacement product within 48 business hours.

Food for thought, that...

Interesting that Aimpoint limits their warranty to 10 years. Most all the other manufacturers have a lifetime warranty, regardless whether you were the original owner. As an example, the last scope I purchased was a Riton 7 Conquer. Here is the exact wording of the warranty that came with the scope:

Our Unlimited Lifetime Warranty requires no proof of purchase or registration. If you have an issue with your optic, send it back to us with a Warranty Claim Form and we replace it for you with a brand new product. You will not receive any repaired or refurbished products from Riton. We are also committed to sending out replacement product within 48 business hours.

Taurus come with a Lifetime Warranty too.

I'd send it back to Aimpoint.

Eotech, Trijicon, Meopta, Meprolight, Raytheon (Elcan), etc have warranties similar to Aimpoint and they're world renowned producers of quality optics (Trijicon only guarantees electronics for three years). Chances are you won't need the warranty and if repairs are needed outside the warranty window they'll probably still take care of you (except Eotech, they don't care about civvies).

In many cases, a long/forever warranty can indicate an optic with a higher likelihood of failure or less brand recognition. There are exceptions such as the Razor or UH-1 which are very high quality but still retain the best warranty in the business.

Last Edited:
I did a quick perusal, and the Aimpoint US site has an RMA address of Virginia.
When i originally contacted aimpoint, they wanted it sent overseas. Thats why I'm looking for someplace local. To find out if its a budget friendly repair, or garbage, before i send it somewhere.

I see your angle.

Consider this for a moment, as it's not a ridiculous scenario. You do find a local, high quality repair option. They take on your job . Being intelligent, responsible professionals, they contact the manufacturer . Manufacturer recommends that repair shop send it in for proper service. Probably still gonna be a while.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top