JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had a pistol recovered from my burned stolen truck that sat for 2 weeks rusting. It was a PT945. Action still worked, Houge grip not melted and gun not fire/heat damaged in any way (it was in a backpack). The rust was the killer. Springs were a mess, trying to replace but Taurus does not have a full kit, only parts. (Some of the springs are resticted?!?). It got me thinking if there are any generic spring kits for firearms or tools that may work. I have generic pin kits, but no spring kits. Does anyone have a line on springs? My searches at midway, brownels, natchez have returned nothing but gun specific kits. I would pay big money for a nice kit. Any direction appreciated.

I am betting your local shop/gunsmith could get the springs for you as well? THey are probably restricted in that they can only be sold to licensed gun store/gunsmith.

Hi roar9roar,
Have you tryed "Lone Wolf Distr.", "Numruch", or "Jack's Frist Gun Shop"? I just checked my Jack's Frist Book and they show the springs so they may have them in stock, If not they will make them for you. Bottem Line you can alway make them yourself.
If you come in to Portland I can show you the book. Just PM me and I'll call you address.
Hope this helps,
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

I will check those out. I know I can send it in but I like to be self-reliant. I have cut down AR springs in a pinch, but that is not the best. I appreciate the leads you suggested I will chase those down and if nothing else just order an assortment.

Thanks everyone.

Not sure if Lone Wolf (mentioned above) is related to Wolff Springs - maybe not - I'm at work and cannot check right now. Wolff sent me what I needed quick and cheap for a Woodsman. They might have your part(s) too. Good luck.

Not sure if Lone Wolf (mentioned above) is related to Wolff Springs - maybe not - I'm at work and cannot check right now. Wolff sent me what I needed quick and cheap for a Woodsman. They might have your part(s) too. Good luck.

Wolff was who I was talking about also.
And I don't believe there is anything more than Lone Wolf maybe buying springs from Wolff.
And they pretty much only do Glocks

I am sure you know that Taurus has a lifetime warranty on their products. I would send it off to them with an explanation of what happened and see what happens. They are working hard to fix and repair their products quickly now to build a solid customer base.

They can and will fix it a lot cheaper than you can or if you involve a gunsmith. The worse that could happen is they will contact you and say there is a fee for the repair and give you a number. You then have a choice to have them send it back or fix it right.

Its worth a shot.

Have you looked at Brownells for just the spring stock/wire and considered making your own? Their website is a pain for stuff like this. Consider calling them and having them send you their full catalog for gunsmithing supplies.

If your old springs were just rusted they should still be able to be used for patterns.

My local Parkrose hardware store has a spring sales display with hundreds of different diameter, thickness and length springs both stainless and steel. I have matched dozens of gun springs up with these and used em with good success. I sometimes need to shorten a spring, but not a big deal. Prices are generally under $2 each.

I did call and there is a 50 dollar plus parts charge because it was damaged and not a failure. I have the proper tools just need springs and a good exploded view.

You know $50 may be the best investment you ever made to get your gun redone. They might put on a new finish and the whole enchilada. I hear amazing stories about parts replacements and guns coming back in like new condition. They will make sure it operates as new before releasing it back to you.

Better to let them do it than to run the risk of voiding that lifetime warranty by stripping it down to the bear bones and maybe scratching the finish, stripping out a screw, etc. If its just springs its not a big deal but if you have further damage from that fire it might still be worth sending it back to the factory.

Just a suggestion, its your choice of course.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top