JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well short of shooting on the logging roads up on Rocky Point, which isn't allowed any more so don't get caught, about the only place I can think of is Clatskanie Rifle and Pistol Club. Its free on weekends to the public or it costs $80 a year to be a member. Its a 45 mile drive from Scappoose.

Keith

Rainier Rod and Gun Club is only $25 per year, and just up the hill past the exit for the Longview bridge. I live in Hillsboro, and I have a membership there as it is less expensive that others around here.

<broken link removed>

-------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

Ah heck! I've been driving past there for years on the way to Clatskanie R&P and never new this existed. Thanks!

Keith
-------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!![/QUOTE]

The other day I was up Pittsburg, the pittsburg where Scappoose/Vernonia meets Hwy 47, and was getting ready to shoot at the rock pit. Fred, the guy who runs NW Timber Patrol stops me and says that Long Fibre gets a little bent out of shape about people shooting there because of all the garbage they leave behind. He then informs me that there is a state owned pit about 2 miles up the road near the power lines. I wasn't able to find it due to the flashing low gas light in my vehicle but supposedly there's a shooting area up there

Was out at Rainier Rod and Gun Club today. Wasn't a very large shooting area but I believe it will serve its purpose. Thank you all who responded. It was most helpfull.

Anyone have an address? Thanks.

I don't have the address, but can give directions to get there.

Go out HWY 30 up the hill past the Longview exit. Take first left at top of the hill. Go to stop sign and take another left, range down on the left about a mile.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!!

Behind Linton Feed and Seed. Just set up a couple of targets and have at it. They sell ammo also. Or go out on the Multnomah Channel and set up some targets on a log raft and blast away. Throw some floating targets out and use Sauvie Island as a backstop LOL. Lots of open ground for shooting off Marina Way. Add some flavor into it and buy some M-300s from the kid at Fred's Marina.

Oh wait, that was 1979 - never mind! When I think about how much more freedom people had to do things 30 or so years ago .... now you can't fart without fear of breaking some law or being in the wrong place. But there is Casa Diablo!! :)

They do not have any day-use fees. For $25 a year it is completely worth it. The hours are 7 days a week from 9am - dusk. Once you become a member you will be emailed a monthly calendar letting you know when the range is reserved for Trap shooting. I have found that in the morning times have always work out fine. I have gone several times and almost every time there wasn't anyone else there or were just leaving. The range is located almost pretty much across the street from the High School. Drive past the Baseball fields and it will be on the left hand side.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top