1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a local auto upholstery shop. Nice to have a recomendation where/where not to go..

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by John Gault, Mar 20, 2014.

1. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Looking to have my F150 bucket seats re-upholstered. I'm frequently in the Sandy/Gresham/Clackamas area. Any recomendations based on experience would be welcomed.
  2. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

Just a thought, you might check some of the F150 forums and see if someone is selling upholstery sets or check with a local restoration shop to see if they can order it for you - I know when I worked at a mustang restoration shop we ordered in upholstery kits for other cars/trucks when customers asked.
    Most decent upholstery shops can take your existing upholstery apart and use it for a pattern to stitch up a new set for you.
    As for recommendations of upholstery shops you might call some of the local car clubs and see what they have to say - they usually have a good idea of who does decent work and who to avoid.
    John Gault likes this.
  3. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Guy's Interior Restorations in Portland. Fantastic work.
    (503) 224-8657
    John Gault likes this.
  4. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

There's an upholstery shop just west of barlow high school that does good work. They redid my explorer seat i broke even welded it back together. Made it new again. For a good price.
    They also did a complete upholstery job on my parents 66' mustang did a great job