JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Crap! Another gun I need. Now if the monies would just cooperate... :(

LOL, I know how you feel. I have never been a Wheel gun guy but some really strike my fancy. This was for some reason one of those.
Back in the late 70's or so I played with a few of those old Charter Bull Dogs that had the heavy 4 inch tube in 5 shot .44. I at the time was having no luck finding a small 1911. Had tried multiple Detonics. Never could get mine or others to run 100% I bought first 2 then later another of the Charters to play with. Ended up with one with a 3" tube and compact rubber grip. With my own loads it made a great CC gun in a caliber I liked. Still kind of wish I had not let that last one go when the small autos got better.

LOL, I know how you feel. I have never been a Wheel gun guy but some really strike my fancy. This was for some reason one of those.
Back in the late 70's or so I played with a few of those old Charter Bull Dogs that had the heavy 4 inch tube in 5 shot .44. I at the time was having no luck finding a small 1911. Had tried multiple Detonics. Never could get mine or others to run 100% I bought first 2 then later another of the Charters to play with. Ended up with one with a 3" tube and compact rubber grip. With my own loads it made a great CC gun in a caliber I liked. Still kind of wish I had not let that last one go when the small autos got better.
I used to have a stainless 3" Bulldog too. Loved that gun.. carried it everywhere but made it rattle a little bit with my crazy 320gr SWC's when I was a kid. Then there was that stainless 3" S&W N frame .44 special that I had.. kinda neat but why? Just carry the magnum.
But this Ruger kinda speaks to me though it is a bit of a specialty/niche piece. I don't have my hopes up but do hope they make it a regular offering on a large scale.
I promise I won't "Bulldog" this little beastie! well, just a tiny bit perhaps

I used to have a stainless 3" Bulldog too. Loved that gun.. carried it everywhere but made it rattle a little bit with my crazy 320gr SWC's when I was a kid. Then there was that stainless 3" S&W N frame .44 special that I had.. kinda neat but why? Just carry the magnum.
But this Ruger kinda speaks to me though it is a bit of a specialty/niche piece. I don't have my hopes up but do hope they make it a regular offering on a large scale.
I promise I won't "Bulldog" this little beastie! well, just a tiny bit perhaps

:cool:, the Ruger no doubt would have no problem with your fun loads. I was always easy on the old Charters I had as they were the alloy frame ones. it was those guns that got me to start rolling my own ammo. At that time us common folk could not order ammo and trying to find .44 sp ammo was nil. Only ever saw one load, the old 240 RNL. I soon found that rolling my own was something I should have done sooner. :rolleyes:

Yea, mine was all stainless and a really fun and handy gun.
I certainly wouldn't load that Ruger to .44 magnum levels but I'm sure good stout loads would be conservatively practicable.
And I hear you about the cost of the bigger rounds.. you can reload about anything for very close to the same cost if you cast, all things considered.. and I do. The price of lead has held steady at a buck a pound for years and it's nice to score some free stuff etc. to augment the pile.

Looking for Ruger's new SP 101 in 44 special. and saw a link that Taurus has a 44 double action so I followed that link. Oh, that sounds good. Then realized that I already have one. A 445 Ultra-Lite.
Still have to wait on the Ruger.
That's awesome. :D

Ruger GP100 35.4 oz

Charter Arms Bull Dog Pug 14420 21 oz.

I've had my Bull Dog Pug for almost 28 years now great little powerhouse.

I am with you - love my Bulldog! Also I reckon that difference in weight would really come into play when the weapons are loaded - .44 spl not exactly a light round.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top