JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So in a nut shell, the area I and another prominent member here were planning to hunt this year isn't going to work out.

That puts us about a month away from season and no good idea as to where to go.

West or East side would be fine.
Even an additional Hunter (property owner) would be a welcome addition if you know the best places for successful harvesting.

I just don't want to buy tags and go wondering around aimlessly hoping to fill a tag.

Yes, I realize this is a huge long shot request but I figure it wouldn't hurt to ask. If you want a peice of the harvested game or some other manageable compensation then I'm sure we could oblige you.

Both 40+, fit and very experienced with firearms and the safety rules that go with being on someone's property.

If you might know someone or are someone then please PM me. I'll continue to look for spots on my own in case this doesn't land anything promising.

Thank-You!

I love being in the woods especially with good friends. Having the possibility to harvest something is the cherry on top. But if you don't even see a sign of something it kinda sucks. :rolleyes:

Story of my life man! That's why I've come to learn that every year I'm just donating money to conservation and I get to enjoy wet and cold hikes in the woods carrying a rifle.

Oh the joys of a hungry hunter

I love being in the woods especially with good friends. Having the possibility to harvest something is the cherry on top. But if you don't even see a sign of something it kinda sucks. :rolleyes:
there is a place where my "group" elk hunts. we know elk pass thru there during the season.

in the cascades around where i hunt the elk are extremely nomadic. its encouraging when we DONT see fresh sign because we KNOW the elk havent passed through yet. someone usually ends up with an elk. when we do see fresh sign, we know theyve been through and off to the next place. trying to find that "next place" has been challenging. weve hunted high and low for them when theres been fresh sign and havent quite found it yet.

there is a place where my "group" elk hunts. we know elk pass thru there during the season.

in the cascades around where i hunt the elk are extremely nomadic. its encouraging when we DONT see fresh sign because we KNOW the elk havent passed through yet. someone usually ends up with an elk. when we do see fresh sign, we know theyve been through and off to the next place. trying to find that "next place" has been challenging. weve hunted high and low for them when theres been fresh sign and havent quite found it yet.

But you know the area. When your hunting blind and don't know there pattern's it makes it more difficult.

But you know the area. When your hunting blind and don't know there pattern's it makes it more difficult.

So true! It takes my buds and I about 2-3yrs to figure an area out, then the patterns change and we have to move again. Wolves impacted our last area and we went back to previous. However, sometimes we get beginners luck... one year we harvested 7 elk out of 8 hunters in a new area. Just happened to be in the right spot not too far from a watering hole near good bedding areas away from the beaten path. Opening morning was one of those "Holy crap, look at that!" moments. :D

Never had a moment like that hunting! :(

One buddy of mine was sitting on top of a hill with me up Ladd Canyon way... taking a lunch break from trailing elk all morning and not catching up to them (there was bull tracks in with the herd). So we get to telling stories and nasty jokes for about an hour and the laughter got pretty loud, I swear! We get back to the hunt, go 25yds over the edge from where we had lunch, and the frickin herd is bedded down there and elk get up and start to run everywhere! "Holy crap, look at that!!!!" :D:D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top