JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What are the Open carry rules here in Tillamook? I been open carrying all day and not sure if its the firearm or my skin tone...LOL

2. Carrying in a vehicle, loaded,unloaded on my person, must be in glovebox I've gotta different answer from coworkers and friends but none of them carry they are all a bunch of tree huggers so help. please.

3. my Nevada CCW isnt good here so i was told to take my DD-214 to sherriff dept, but then was told it had to specifically say pistols. obvious only tankers and officers carried pistols atleast back when i was in. so my sharpshooter qual is no good?

4. what's this I'm reading about Me having to give a reason why i need/want a conceal permit to sheriff in order to get one? Seriously?
my apologies if i posted in wrong forum.

What are the Open carry rules here in Tillamook? I been open carrying all day and not sure if its the firearm or my skin tone...LOL

2. Carrying in a vehicle, loaded,unloaded on my person, must be in glovebox I've gotta different answer from coworkers and friends but none of them carry they are all a bunch of tree huggers so help. please.

3. my Nevada CCW isnt good here so i was told to take my DD-214 to sherriff dept, but then was told it had to specifically say pistols. obvious only tankers and officers carried pistols atleast back when i was in. so my sharpshooter qual is no good?

4. what's this I'm reading about Me having to give a reason why i need/want a conceal permit to sheriff in order to get one? Seriously?
my apologies if i posted in wrong forum.

I don't think Tillamook has any local ordinances. So open carry is legal. Avoid public buildings which restrict to CHL holders. Private establishments can do as they choose but can only ask you to leave.

2. Don't keep a handgun in the glovebox. If you are in a car, the trunk or in plain sight (including a belt holster) are your best options. An unlocked glovebox is considered concealed.

3. The sheriff's office could refuse it. Ask them.

4. If you're an OR resident, you don't need to provide a reason. It's may issue for non-residents so they can ask for reasons.

If you want I (or someone else) can point out the specific laws in ORS 166. I'm on my phone right now or I would quote some statutes.

Drew has it pretty much covered. Just need to prove residence, fingerprint, "training" and do background check.

Some counties drag their feet by setting interview dates for fingerprinting and all weeks or so away, but state law requires delivery of CHL in 45 days once the paperwork is in.

Any form of concealment (glovebox) requires CHL. Open loaded carry is okay on person or in car. Some cities have more specific laws, but the CHL gives you a pass.

Oregon is "shall issue"--the Sheriff is required to issue if you meet the requirements for training and background and have your paperwork in.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top