JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello -
I commute through Oregon often and would prefer to carry while I drive; Mainly Multnomah, Hood River, Wasco and Washington County.
I have my WA state CPL.

I keep hearing that the process is taking longer and certain sheriffs are denying many.
Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Go through the process with Multnomah Co. It's online to start. Ends with you bringing in your supporting documents and having your fingerprints taken. It might take a bit of a wait but it's painless. The "fear" and "perception" are far worse than the actual steps.

Go through the process with Multnomah Co. It's online to start. Ends with you bringing in your supporting documents and having your fingerprints taken. It might take a bit of a wait but it's painless. The "fear" and "perception" are far worse than the actual steps.
Thank you friend. I appreciate that! Seems like Oregon is making it harder and harder.

Yeah, it's gonna suck. You can look for other options. Stay with counties butting up against the Columbia river. Ultimately though, while you can travel 3,4,5, hours to find a 2A friendly county, you will eventually need to renew. So embrace the suck now, for down the road…

Clackamas County is only a short distance away and the place you go to get your CPL is just off I205. 2A friendly, fast, and efficient.

Clackamas County is only a short distance away and the place you go to get your CPL is just off I205. 2A friendly, fast, and efficient.

Clackamas Co SO only issues licenses to residents of Clackamas County… Their frequently answered questions does refer people to state border counties for non-residents though… particularly, the question about "traveling through" the county as a reason for desiring the permit.

I appreciate the answers gents.
I went ahead and did the Multnomah county last night. You were right @guntrunw - super easy! 4 months out... But maybe I can get lucky and find a cancellation soon.

A side note to all those - https://chlprep.mcso.us/chlprep/ go to that prep class. It's ONLINE (via Multnomah County) and takes maybe 10 minutes if you know your stuff. $55 and you walk away with your certificate. I highly recommend.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top