JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My attitude about club/range "Vice Presidents" is... "you paid your dues, those schmucks work for you".

o_O;)

I have a similar opinion, but I also know that if some prick in a position of decision making had it out for me, my little range dues would be almost insignificant in the grand scope of things compared to being sent on my way. As much as it is satisfying to let people who are full of themselves know where they can shove it, sometimes it is more satisfying to politely point out that you are better informed or generally smarter in something that they think they are so knowledgeable about.

I can imagine if bigfoot sightings were mostly in Canada where theres 1,000x more trees than people.... but a lot of them seem to be in the PNW and Ohio areas, which makes me doubtful... and even then, okay if there were actual Bigfoots on Vancouver Island, how come no one from Alone tv show reported anything like that in 3 seasons? :s0092::confused: I mean, you'd think they'd be curious about the lonesome humans making fire and shelters

I have a similar opinion, but I also know that if some prick in a position of decision making had it out for me, my little range dues would be almost insignificant in the grand scope of things compared to being sent on my way. As much as it is satisfying to let people who are full of themselves know where they can shove it, sometimes it is more satisfying to politely point out that you are better informed or generally smarter in something that they think they are so knowledgeable about.

That only works on my wife.... ok, not really. ;):D

Reminds me of a bad joke. A man was buying condoms at a store, the clerk asked him if he wanted to bag them.. the man said "naw, she ain't that ugly"

We have quite a few of those in our family, enough that I don't know if it would get this thread moved to the place that must not be named.

For example: if a guy is with a particularly large woman, he's environmentally conscious because he's saving the whales.

For example: if a guy is with a particularly large woman, he's environmentally conscious because he's saving the whales.
Another bad joke..
A drunk asked two women coming out of a pub in England, "are you two ladies from London?" They replied "bollocks, its Wales!" He asked them "oh ok, are you two whales from London?"
The constabulary found him with broken jaw and cracked eye socket the next day.

And thats it for thread drift lol :s0100:

I really want to take the 4595ts and see how bad the accuracy is with the Blazer 230gr FMJs...

It always cracks me up when I hear people say. "I can hit X sized target out to 600 meters with irons"

It shouldn't. 12" bullseye, 600 yds, quite doable. I've done it and I wasn't even one of the GOOD ones. Of course, I was 20 years old with a match M14, spotting scope for doping wind, prone. 46 years later? Probably not. I don't think I could even get in position without serious pain killers. But I HAVE done it so I know it can be done.

Another bad joke..
A drunk asked two women coming out of a pub in England, "are you two ladies from London?" They replied "bollocks, its Wales!" He asked them "oh ok, are you two whales from London?"
The constabulary found him with broken jaw and cracked eye socket the next day.

And thats it for thread drift lol :s0100:

I really want to take the 4595ts and see how bad the accuracy is with the Blazer 230gr FMJs...

In an effort to keep track of what's what, I started a shooting log to document what's been shot, when it was shot, what's it sighted it, etc. Time has a funny way of flying by and before you know it you are scratching your head when the last time something was shot, what it was zero'd out, when it was cleaned last. Figured having a log would make all that no longer a confusion, especially for tracking malfunctions and trying to isolate specific issues.

It always cracks me up when I hear people say. "I can hit X sized target out to 600 meters with irons"

It shouldn't. 12" bullseye, 600 yds, quite doable. I've done it and I wasn't even one of the GOOD ones. Of course, I was 20 years old with a match M14, spotting scope for doping wind, prone. 46 years later? Probably not. I don't think I could even get in position without serious pain killers. But I HAVE done it so I know it can be done.

I'm not making light of the possibility, it takes skill to do, not impossible, but skill. I'm merely saying that just because you CAN do something doesn't mean it's not far easier with magnification. I mean, I've plinked a metal plate at 100 yards with a 9mm glock, after several misses, the point is for me, is that there are things we can do that are also much more easily done with the right equipment. Personally I have been trying to practice my offhand and kneeling shooting more lately, I've been finding it more interesting because it takes more focus for me to be able to hit the target.

Maybe the military should conduct combat accuracy tests by combining the national match ranges with the "tactical course" ranges.. and have a requirement of wearing full battle rattle/782/ta50 gear and having just done a 5 mile road march at a quick pace... ? :eek::s0092: I mean, we know of the 3 gun competitions and the "tactical defense carbine" courses; but those are by and large designed for urban close range engagements right; and not for medium-long range enagements..

Love my G20, but my new toy is the AR!
IMG_20190124_114006.jpg
MVIMG_20200608_201319~2.jpg

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads