JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Has this ever happened to you:

I swapped the rear sight on my 1963 Walther P01, and when I reassembled the pistol I noticed something rattling inside.. A little metal fragment came tumbling out. It looks like the corner of a small stamped part, maybe 1.5mm. I took the pistol back apart but I can't determine where the fragment came from. I function checked everything at least 10 times and everything is working as it should.

While I have been a die hard 1911 in .45 fan all my life, the .357 does turn in far better stats when it hits what they are shooting at. Never made me want to get one for carry of course. :D

I have a few 1911's. And love .45 ACP.
Also a bunch of .357 revolvers. Six shots of greatness!

But for the last 9 years I don't carry either.
Why would I? When Glock and Sig offer such great modern designs holding 13- 16 rounds in .357 sig. ;)

I've been thinking of getting my first 1911, I am looking at the colt classic or wondering if the dan wesson a2 is worth the extra cash? Reading, researching, pondering...
DW A2 is an excellent shooter made to really high standard. I've had Colts, DW, Ed Brown & Wilson, and for the money I think the DW A2 is the best.

I had the "parkerized" one...no MIM at all as I recall...

DW A2 is an excellent shooter made to really high standard. I've had Colts, DW, Ed Brown & Wilson, and for the money I think the DW A2 is the best.

I had the "parkerized" one...no MIM at all as I recall...

I have a DW CCO. No MIM, and T2 tool steel trigger parts.
Slide to frame fit is near perfect.

Mine is a pre ''DW Building Fire''.
Not sure of their current quality after reading they shook off much of their talent in the move following the fire?

F7729ABA-F193-47C3-B121-878F8F240907.jpeg

I swapped the rear sight on my 1963 Walther P01, and when I reassembled the pistol I noticed something rattling inside.. A little metal fragment came tumbling out. It looks like the corner of a small stamped part, maybe 1.5mm. I took the pistol back apart but I can't determine where the fragment came from. I function checked everything at least 10 times and everything is working as it should.
I had that problem a couple of times, 'cept I was rebuilding engines.

Anyone know of that'll work in a Glock 40? I'm assuming yes, but assumptions have gotten me in a pickle or two in my days.

The glock 20 and the glock 40 (assuming you are truly meaning the 10mm longslide) use the same magazines, they have the same frames and the only difference is the slide, so yes they are interchangeable with magazines.

[Let me try again.]

I see a few parts under the rear sight that could be your answer/problem. If this is your model gun.

230B2FFD-0B7F-4155-BB98-015CB29953E8.jpeg

Can we talk about suppressors and hosts? I am sort of obsessed with a suppressed .22 right now. Probably a Ruger Mark IV. Thinking about and OSS RAD™ 22 . We have an FFL that specializes in suppressors here in Vancouver. I have been thinking about it for around a year now, and figure I might as well get the wait started.

1592239201767.png

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top