JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah. Studs and fringe aren't my favorite either but they are what the factory hung on it. The seat is just too comfortable to toss. Need to find better bags for it. The set that came on it are all wrong

Are you gonna keep it a street cruiser and go with bags, or customize her?
Probably get it close to how the factory would have built it. This one is mostly correct but was actually assembled from parts purchased at the Indian bankruptcy auction 15 years ago. Only has 2400 miles on it.
I'll update when I get it dialed in.

Last Edited:
Probably get it close to how the factory would have built it. This one is mostly correct but was actually assembled from parts purchased at the Indian bankruptcy auction 15 years ago. Only has 2400 miles on it.
I'll update when I get it dialed in.

It should look good when you are done. What year is it?

100_0978.JPG
Honda Shadow... Not fancy but it was all mine!

I sold my Shadow and told my wife I was done after ANOTHER very close call with a distracted driver. Then I came home with this, much to her dismay. I don't know how she puts up with me, sometimes. :)
20180908_103932.jpg

Thanks, she has some battlescars, but at least I don't have to worry about putting the first damage to it. :)

Radiator dings? Can't see anything else!!

I rebuilt my Shadow when i got it because my stepson put it thru a fence. Then later I laid it down across some RR tracks and had to do some more replacement. Oh well.

You think somebody here might buy some leather motorcycle chaps if I put em up?

There is a dent in the tank right by the gas cap if you look real good, and the pipes have some scrapes, and the front brake lever is bent. He dropped it at a red light, and couldn't pick it up, so decided to trade it to me for a few guns. :)

Just a quick update. Ordered up some proper NOS running boards and a derby cover along with the tank. emblems. Windshield is on order but hasn't shipped yet. I've put a few hundred miles on it and really like it so far. Plenty of little things to set right. The builder did some "close enough" stuff and the previous owner seemed allergic to cleaning and maintenance. Luckily he didn't put enough miles on it to do any real damage.
Owyhee Reservoir on Wednesday.
View attachment 504400
Snake River this afternoon.
View attachment 504401

MJN,
I'm new to this web site and happened to come across the pictures of your 71 and 72 350SL project bikes. Just curious, would you ever consider selling the 71? I had one for several years and it got stolen in Massachusetts. I've always wanted to get another one. I'd consider trading you even for my 81 CB900 custom - in 8.5 out of 10 condition. 28,000 miles. I can send you pics. I have the title and extensive records and history for this bike.
I'm thinking I could put the 81 in my van, drive it out there and trade you for the 71?
If you're interested, please let me know.
Thanks
[email protected]

I know this post is as old as the hills, but dam dude.. I'm sorry I missed this. Both the SL's have been sold. One to my little brother, and one on ebay.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews