JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This microstamping idea is horrible. It doesn't work. I wouldn't go so far as to wish the manufacturers moved existing plants to other states. It would impose tremendous costs (relocating, retraining, etc.) that would be passed on to us in the form of higher gun prices. I guess some lucky community somewhere would get lots of new jobs, but the effect on the existing communities, where people have built their families and lives around these plants, would be enormous. The fact that the manufacturers would move if this legislation were passed (and they probably would) just points up how senseless such state regulation is. The politicos STILL wouldn't have their useless microstamping firing pins.

If New York, Connecticut, California, and Chicago want to pass ill-advised possession laws, that's up to the people in those places, who seem determined to vote in those knuckleheaded politicians, to deal with. But this kind of manufacturing legislation would affect us all, and we have no vote in NY or Conn. Fortunately, I think the politicians in NY and Conn. are not going to allow this legislation to pass.

Off my soap box now.

Colt is union made? Like them even better.

As nice as it would be to have some classic American gun makers move out west,

The destruction of a community because jobs have been "outsourced" isn't something I would want.

Well the destruction of the community is partly the community's fault and the rest of the state's residents.They are the one that vote the idiots in office after all.
Towns like this have come and gone though out history.Just part of the game.
Besides,they would take a lot of the employees with them and there are plenty of towns that will welcome them with open arms.

Microstamping? Seriously? I can't believe even the antis are stupid enough to consider that ridiculous idea after the fiasco over it in California.

Not to mention that the entire idea is ludicrous in terms of helping prevent or solve crimes.

Even if it worked every time, even if it was effortless to institute and impossible to defeat, what crimes could be solved by it?

We have lots of killers or drive-by shootings committed by people who lawfully own their REGISTERED guns and use those same guns to commit crimes? On what planet is that the case? So the cops show up to a crime scene and check the shell casings, (because no one would EVER use a revolver or pick up their brass:rolleyes:)and find that those casings came from XYZ gun owned by Joe Blow, who...reported it stolen two years ago. And this helps solve crimes HOW again?

This is what we need to relentlessly point out to people in the middle on gun rights. Even if you gave the anti's everything they wanted, it would have essentially zero impact on crime.

Or as has been said before the bad guy throws down a hand full of misc brass. Or what if they are reloads or shot

And what about the 300 million firearms already in the USA? how that work?

And will the NY cops have microstamped ammo so that when they shoot 9 people in a mass shooting on the street its easier to tell which of them shot who for what ever reason?

Makes me think of the ballistics imaging program NY recently axed. I believe it didn't help solve any crimes. Politicians there seem pretty dense.

Remember: it's not about solving crime, it's about making guns so expensive that no one can reasonably own one. Doesn't matter to the anti-gun nuts how they accomplish it.

Remember: it's not about solving crime, it's about making guns so expensive that no one can reasonably own one. Doesn't matter to the anti-gun nuts how they accomplish it.

Which is exactly the point that needs to be made with all those people who are agnostic on guns. We need to show one side (ours) as reasonable and fact based and the other for rabid hoplophobes who's actual desire is the removal of all privately owned guns when they SAY they support our right to own guns.

The VPC would actually have MORE support if they just came right out and said they want all guns banned. It's their own hypocrisy and dishonesty that is our greatest ally.

Or as has been said before the bad guy throws down a hand full of misc brass. Or what if they are reloads or shot

And what about the 300 million firearms already in the USA? how that work?

And will the NY cops have microstamped ammo so that when they shoot 9 people in a mass shooting on the street its easier to tell which of them shot who for what ever reason?

The bullet itself wouldn't be stamped, the firing pin would stamp the primer. How's that going to work if no brass is left behind like in a revolver or someone takes a small file to the firing pin? Even a little emery paper would do it.

I know!! They'll pass another law requiring that after any shooting you have to throw the brass down and it has to be the brass you just used, not something you picked up at the range then another law making it illegal to remove the markings from the firing pin. Yep, that'll do it for sure!!

Maybe they need to tattoo the serial # of every firearm you buy on your forehead? My hairline hasn't receded enough for that yet!!

OK, let's say you are the president of one of these companies.....

Where would you relocate? Which city/state/area has the right mixture of pro-gun government, trained skilled workers, a need for jobs, etc.....

I think Phoenix or maybe Salt Lake City?

And let's not praise unions either.... Stay on topic.

I wasn't praising anyone, I just don't want another thread to turn into an off-topic issue that should be in another section with a new thread started for it. So if you would like to start a new thread about unions or union supported business, then start a thread about it in off-topic.

To add something to this thread about the topic at hand; I think Arizona is the place to be for gun MFG companies. They have one of the largest gun ranges in the northwest ran by the state. Go to google earth and look at it, it takes up a good chunk of land; it has a 1000yrd range. They actually encourage people to shoot. If you look up the shear number of gun and gun parts MFG's in Arizona, you could fill a couple of pages top to bottom. They also have constitutional carry now. I am thinking of retiring there.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top