JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No strong Father figure in the home.
This.

And what's sad about the whole thing is that there are a plethora of men who want to help. See this as an example:

"Knowing someone cares can change a student's life. As adults, we are placed here to be change agents for kids. We now know we have at least 600 of those adults willing to answer the call, and the widespread attention of the story confirms there are thousands more waiting for the right opportunity," said Dove. "If we can provide opportunities for them with a clear call to action, it is my belief we will see many more stories like this one."

And yet...I haven't seen anything like this event in the news from any other location.

Let's be real; any guy that shows up on a school campus asking to volunteer as a role model will likely be looked at with side eyes and his motives questioned. It's up to schools to put out the call and to organize events where dads can be effective. If they're not doing this...I have to wonder...are they really taking things seriously? (@AndyinEverson can you weigh in on this? Thanks!)

It seems to me that "it takes a village" has more truth to it than we (most of us on this site) might want to admit.
I know, that the idea at the time that statement was an issue it meant diversity exposure.
Not to get too far afield, but I'm pretty sure it was meant to advocate for a more collective society. I also remember a quote from (Hillary herself, I think) that children should recieve "guidance" from those adults that they encounter in their every day lives... neighbors, teachers, government officials...

Wait... whut? Did she just say government officials? As DAILY contacts? Yes she did and I remember it vividly even though it was 20+ yrs ago.

It was an attempt at instilling a collective or communal mentality with a strong emphasis on "You can't do it, the government needs to be involved" and a tertiary emphasis on all of those other non-government civilians... a bone thrown to the few of us supposedly holding-on to rugged individualism and independance as concepts.

That's just like, my opinion, man.

Being a good neighbor, taking responsibility, helping others, and policing your own are laudable traits in a society. But, IMO, that's not what "It Takes a Village" was about. I thought it was about the opposite: abdicating personal responsibility and relinquishing control to The Guv... for the betterment of mankind and, of course, for the children.

I'm cynical.

Speaking of "mass murders". This one almost happened.

Georgia teenage girl planned knife attack at predominantly black church, police say

Probably time to ban knives. Just in case.

Aloha, Mark
So she plans to go up in there and get shot/killed? She might inflict harm on some people but in Georgia, someone or some people are going to have firearms.

That brings me to the next "common trait" of these shooters. Most of them are suicidal. If they don't take themselves out after their acts, they certainly put themselves in a good position to be taken out by police. They were ready to die going in. They could have spared the innocent people if they wanted to take care of themselves.

Sounds like a fortune teller reading Tarot cards, vague enough that 95% of people can say that 1 - 3 apply to them.
Dont need to go very far to find a script kindly provided by MSM or social media.
More or less, that's what my fortune cookie just said:

"What, you stupid? Murderer love to murder because is murderer!"

The 1 thing that nearly every mass shooting has in commo (and it isn't guns.)
s://www.ammoland.com/2013/04/every-mass-shooting-in-the-last-20-years-shares-psychotropic-drugs/s://www.ammoland.com/2013/04/every-mass-shooting-in-the-last-20-years-shares-psychotropic-drugs/

Eric Harris age 17 (first on Zoloft then Luvox) and Dylan Klebold aged 18 (Columbine school shooting in Littleton, Colorado), killed 12 students and 1 teacher, and wounded 23 others, before killing themselves. His medical records have never been made available to the public.

• Jeff Weise, age 16, had been prescribed 60 mg/day of Prozac (three times the average starting dose for adults!) when he shot his grandfather, his grandfather's girlfriend and many fellow students at Red Lake, Minnesota. He then shot himself. 10 dead, 12 wounded.

• Cory Baadsgaard, age 16, Wahluke (Washington state) High School, was on Paxil (which caused him to have hallucinations) when he took a rifle to his high school and held 23 classmates hostage. He has no memory of the event.

• Chris Fetters, age 13, killed his favorite aunt while taking Prozac.

• Christopher Pittman, age 12, murdered both his grandparents while taking Zoloft.

• Mathew Miller, age 13, hung himself in his bedroom closet after taking Zoloft for 6 days.

• Kip Kinkel, age 15, (on Prozac and Ritalin) shot his parents while they slept then went to school and opened fire killing 2 classmates and injuring 22 shortly after beginning Prozac treatment.

• Luke Woodham, age 16 (Prozac) killed his mother and then killed two students, wounding six others.

• A boy in Pocatello, ID (Zoloft) in 1998 had a Zoloft-induced seizure that caused an armed stand off at his school.

• Michael Carneal (Ritalin), age 14, opened fire on students at a high school prayer meeting in West Paducah, Kentucky. Three teenagers were killed, five others were wounded..

• A young man in Huntsville, Alabama (Ritalin) went psychotic chopping up his parents with an ax and also killing one sibling and almost murdering another.

• Andrew Golden, age 11, (Ritalin) and Mitchell Johnson, aged 14, (Ritalin) shot 15 people, killing four students, one teacher, and wounding 10 others.

• TJ Solomon, age 15, (Ritalin) high school student in Conyers, Georgia opened fire on and wounded six of his class mates.

• Rod Mathews, age 14, (Ritalin) beat a classmate to death with a bat.

• James Wilson, age 19, (various psychiatric drugs) from Breenwood, South Carolina, took a .22 caliber revolver into an elementary school killing two young girls, and wounding seven other children and two teachers.

• Elizabeth Bush, age 13, (Paxil) was responsible for a school shooting in Pennsylvania

• Jason Hoffman (Effexor and Celexa) – school shooting in El Cajon, California

• Jarred Viktor, age 15, (Paxil), after five days on Paxil he stabbed his grandmother 61 times.

• Chris Shanahan, age 15 (Paxil) in Rigby, ID who out of the blue killed a woman.

• Jeff Franklin (Prozac and Ritalin), Huntsville, AL, killed his parents as they came home from work using a sledge hammer, hatchet, butcher knife and mechanic's file, then attacked his younger brothers and sister.

• Neal Furrow (Prozac) in LA Jewish school shooting reported to have been court-ordered to be on Prozac along with several other medications.

• Kevin Rider, age 14, was withdrawing from Prozac when he died from a gunshot wound to his head. Initially it was ruled a suicide, but two years later, the investigation into his death was opened as a possible homicide. The prime suspect, also age 14, had been taking Zoloft and other SSRI antidepressants.

• Alex Kim, age 13, hung himself shortly after his Lexapro prescription had been doubled.

• Diane Routhier was prescribed Welbutrin for gallstone problems. Six days later, after suffering many adverse effects of the drug, she shot herself.

• Billy Willkomm, an accomplished wrestler and a University of Florida student, was prescribed Prozac at the age of 17. His family found him dead of suicide – hanging from a tall ladder at the family's Gulf Shore Boulevard home in July 2002.

• Kara Jaye Anne Fuller-Otter, age 12, was on Paxil when she hung herself from a hook in her closet. Kara's parents said "…. the damn doctor wouldn't take her off it and I asked him to when we went in on the second visit. I told him I thought she was having some sort of reaction to Paxil…")

• Gareth Christian, Vancouver, age 18, was on Paxil when he committed suicide in 2002, (Gareth's father could not accept his son's death and killed himself.)

• Julie Woodward, age 17, was on Zoloft when she hung herself in her family's detached garage.

• Matthew Miller was 13 when he saw a psychiatrist because he was having difficulty at school. The psychiatrist gave him samples of Zoloft. Seven days later his mother found him dead, hanging by a belt from a laundry hook in his closet.

• Kurt Danysh, age 18, and on Prozac, killed his father with a shotgun. He is now behind prison bars, and writes letters, trying to warn the world that SSRI drugs can kill.

• Woody __, age 37, committed suicide while in his 5th week of taking Zoloft. Shortly before his death his physician suggested doubling the dose of the drug. He had seen his physician only for insomnia. He had never been depressed, nor did he have any history of any mental illness symptoms.

• A boy from Houston, age 10, shot and killed his father after his Prozac dosage was increased.

• Hammad Memon, age 15, shot and killed a fellow middle school student. He had been diagnosed with ADHD and depression and was taking Zoloft and "other drugs for the conditions."

• Matti Saari, a 22-year-old culinary student, shot and killed 9 students and a teacher, and wounded another student, before killing himself. Saari was taking an SSRI and a benzodiazapine.

• Steven Kazmierczak, age 27, shot and killed five people and wounded 21 others before killing himself in a Northern Illinois University auditorium. According to his girlfriend, he had recently been taking Prozac, Xanax and Ambien. Toxicology results showed that he still had trace amounts of Xanax in his system.

• Finnish gunman Pekka-Eric Auvinen, age 18, had been taking antidepressants before he killed eight people and wounded a dozen more at Jokela High School – then he committed suicide.

• Asa Coon from Cleveland, age 14, shot and wounded four before taking his own life. Court records show Coon was on Trazodone.

• Jon Romano, age 16, on medication for depression, fired a shotgun at a teacher in his New York high school.

Missing from list, 3 of 4 known to have taken these same meds.

• What drugs was Jared Lee Loughner on, age 21. Killed 6 people and injuring 14 others in Tuscon, Az?

• What drugs was James Eagan Holmes on, age 24….. killed 12 people and injuring 59 others in Aurora Colorado?

• What drugs was Jacob Tyler Roberts on, age 22, killed 2 injured 1, Clackamas Or?

• What drugs was Adam Peter Lanza on, age 20, Killed 26 and wounded 2 in Newtown Ct?

Last Edited:
Imagine the worst bullying that you've experienced or seen, except now it's 24/7. A party is posted, you're not invited, but you can see all the people who are going...you're shunned. Comments about you come at you and past you and you see it all. Your reputation is torn down and self worth stomped on both in person and digitally. Disengaging from social would be the answer to have a brief respite of sanity but you simply can't do it - you're pulled in for brief moments of happiness from the friends you do have. But it's not enough to outweigh the bad.

This sounds like the beginning of an old TV Show called "The Twilight Zone"! Too bad it is true!

"All Mass Shooters Share 4 Traits"

Yes they do:

1. A heart issue
2. A blind society
3. A lying, distorted fact producing media coverage
4. A home in Hell
:(

Imagine the worst bullying that you've experienced or seen, except now it's 24/7. A party is posted, you're not invited, but you can see all the people who are going...you're shunned. Comments about you come at you and past you and you see it all. Your reputation is torn down and self worth stomped on both in person and digitally. D
Wow... that really hit a long-dead nerve.
I was never a "Cool" kid in HS, but I had connections through my gearhead status and mediocre athletic skills... there was some amount of crossover.

One night I went to a party (w a "popular" chick... I did have a little game) and I remember one particular A-list tw@ looking at me with utter disgust and saying, "What's He doing here... ?".

Apparently, that hit me harder than I thought because I still remember it. There was no social media then (80s) and the mean girls (and boys) had a limited circle of influence, but that snarky remark cut pretty deep... getting trashed online relentlessly has to have an effect on kids.

My initial reaction to that girl was bravado... to show her that she didn't intimidate me and to back her down, embarrass her, and get the upper hand. If I could make her cry in front of her sycophant friends, all the better.

Multiply that times 1000 over a long period of time, perhaps an entire lifetime, and you end up w little sociopaths running around your high school.

Disclaimer: I do not condone or endorse mass shootings. This post is not meant to justify or rationalize mass shooters. Do I really need to clarify that? Yeah, probably.

The 1 thing that nearly every mass shooting has in commo (and it isn't guns.)
s://www.ammoland.com/2013/04/every-mass-shooting-in-the-last-20-years-shares-psychotropic-drugs/s://www.ammoland.com/2013/04/every-mass-shooting-in-the-last-20-years-shares-psychotropic-drugs/

Eric Harris age 17 (first on Zoloft then Luvox) and Dylan Klebold aged 18 (Columbine school shooting in Littleton, Colorado), killed 12 students and 1 teacher, and wounded 23 others, before killing themselves. His medical records have never been made available to the public.

• Jeff Weise, age 16, had been prescribed 60 mg/day of Prozac (three times the average starting dose for adults!) when he shot his grandfather, his grandfather's girlfriend and many fellow students at Red Lake, Minnesota. He then shot himself. 10 dead, 12 wounded.

• Cory Baadsgaard, age 16, Wahluke (Washington state) High School, was on Paxil (which caused him to have hallucinations) when he took a rifle to his high school and held 23 classmates hostage. He has no memory of the event.

• Chris Fetters, age 13, killed his favorite aunt while taking Prozac.

• Christopher Pittman, age 12, murdered both his grandparents while taking Zoloft.

• Mathew Miller, age 13, hung himself in his bedroom closet after taking Zoloft for 6 days.

• Kip Kinkel, age 15, (on Prozac and Ritalin) shot his parents while they slept then went to school and opened fire killing 2 classmates and injuring 22 shortly after beginning Prozac treatment.

• Luke Woodham, age 16 (Prozac) killed his mother and then killed two students, wounding six others.

• A boy in Pocatello, ID (Zoloft) in 1998 had a Zoloft-induced seizure that caused an armed stand off at his school.

• Michael Carneal (Ritalin), age 14, opened fire on students at a high school prayer meeting in West Paducah, Kentucky. Three teenagers were killed, five others were wounded..

• A young man in Huntsville, Alabama (Ritalin) went psychotic chopping up his parents with an ax and also killing one sibling and almost murdering another.

• Andrew Golden, age 11, (Ritalin) and Mitchell Johnson, aged 14, (Ritalin) shot 15 people, killing four students, one teacher, and wounding 10 others.

• TJ Solomon, age 15, (Ritalin) high school student in Conyers, Georgia opened fire on and wounded six of his class mates.

• Rod Mathews, age 14, (Ritalin) beat a classmate to death with a bat.

• James Wilson, age 19, (various psychiatric drugs) from Breenwood, South Carolina, took a .22 caliber revolver into an elementary school killing two young girls, and wounding seven other children and two teachers.

• Elizabeth Bush, age 13, (Paxil) was responsible for a school shooting in Pennsylvania

• Jason Hoffman (Effexor and Celexa) – school shooting in El Cajon, California

• Jarred Viktor, age 15, (Paxil), after five days on Paxil he stabbed his grandmother 61 times.

• Chris Shanahan, age 15 (Paxil) in Rigby, ID who out of the blue killed a woman.

• Jeff Franklin (Prozac and Ritalin), Huntsville, AL, killed his parents as they came home from work using a sledge hammer, hatchet, butcher knife and mechanic's file, then attacked his younger brothers and sister.

• Neal Furrow (Prozac) in LA Jewish school shooting reported to have been court-ordered to be on Prozac along with several other medications.

• Kevin Rider, age 14, was withdrawing from Prozac when he died from a gunshot wound to his head. Initially it was ruled a suicide, but two years later, the investigation into his death was opened as a possible homicide. The prime suspect, also age 14, had been taking Zoloft and other SSRI antidepressants.

• Alex Kim, age 13, hung himself shortly after his Lexapro prescription had been doubled.

• Diane Routhier was prescribed Welbutrin for gallstone problems. Six days later, after suffering many adverse effects of the drug, she shot herself.

• Billy Willkomm, an accomplished wrestler and a University of Florida student, was prescribed Prozac at the age of 17. His family found him dead of suicide – hanging from a tall ladder at the family's Gulf Shore Boulevard home in July 2002.

• Kara Jaye Anne Fuller-Otter, age 12, was on Paxil when she hung herself from a hook in her closet. Kara's parents said "…. the damn doctor wouldn't take her off it and I asked him to when we went in on the second visit. I told him I thought she was having some sort of reaction to Paxil…")

• Gareth Christian, Vancouver, age 18, was on Paxil when he committed suicide in 2002, (Gareth's father could not accept his son's death and killed himself.)

• Julie Woodward, age 17, was on Zoloft when she hung herself in her family's detached garage.

• Matthew Miller was 13 when he saw a psychiatrist because he was having difficulty at school. The psychiatrist gave him samples of Zoloft. Seven days later his mother found him dead, hanging by a belt from a laundry hook in his closet.

• Kurt Danysh, age 18, and on Prozac, killed his father with a shotgun. He is now behind prison bars, and writes letters, trying to warn the world that SSRI drugs can kill.

• Woody __, age 37, committed suicide while in his 5th week of taking Zoloft. Shortly before his death his physician suggested doubling the dose of the drug. He had seen his physician only for insomnia. He had never been depressed, nor did he have any history of any mental illness symptoms.

• A boy from Houston, age 10, shot and killed his father after his Prozac dosage was increased.

• Hammad Memon, age 15, shot and killed a fellow middle school student. He had been diagnosed with ADHD and depression and was taking Zoloft and "other drugs for the conditions."

• Matti Saari, a 22-year-old culinary student, shot and killed 9 students and a teacher, and wounded another student, before killing himself. Saari was taking an SSRI and a benzodiazapine.

• Steven Kazmierczak, age 27, shot and killed five people and wounded 21 others before killing himself in a Northern Illinois University auditorium. According to his girlfriend, he had recently been taking Prozac, Xanax and Ambien. Toxicology results showed that he still had trace amounts of Xanax in his system.

• Finnish gunman Pekka-Eric Auvinen, age 18, had been taking antidepressants before he killed eight people and wounded a dozen more at Jokela High School – then he committed suicide.

• Asa Coon from Cleveland, age 14, shot and wounded four before taking his own life. Court records show Coon was on Trazodone.

• Jon Romano, age 16, on medication for depression, fired a shotgun at a teacher in his New York high school.

Missing from list, 3 of 4 known to have taken these same meds.

• What drugs was Jared Lee Loughner on, age 21. Killed 6 people and injuring 14 others in Tuscon, Az?

• What drugs was James Eagan Holmes on, age 24….. killed 12 people and injuring 59 others in Aurora Colorado?

• What drugs was Jacob Tyler Roberts on, age 22, killed 2 injured 1, Clackamas Or?

• What drugs was Adam Peter Lanza on, age 20, Killed 26 and wounded 2 in Newtown Ct?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Ammoland has a long long history of publishing biased BS. Please take off your tinfoil hat. Maybe stop the subscription to NaturalNews.

#1. They all drank water... water must be the culprit.
#2. All these people had underlying and unresolved mental issues. Some were just plain batchit crazy or evil or both. No drugs can fix them. And there is no way to monitor them 24/7 short of institutionalization.
3. IMO we shouldn't be prescribing mood altering meds (of any kind, including Ritalin) to children/teens/youngadults, whose brains are still developing. 50yrs from now we will probably be citing studies indicating serious medical complications.
4. Regarding #1... anecdotal evidence proves NOTHING!!! How many people used Zoloft or Paxil and DIDN'T go on shooting sprees??????????? If we look at it statistically, I'll bet the shooters above are a relatively infinitesimal percentage of the whole.
5. In a earlier post, I asked for a citation from a medical source that backs up your claims... I reiterate the challenge... PLEASE provide info from a TRUSTED and well known medical source!!! If you cannot, I'd really appreciate you to stop spreading untruths.

Last Edited:
Psychiatric Drugs and Violence: A Review of FDA Data Finds A Link
Moore and his collaborators concluded: "These data provide new evidence that acts of violence towards others are a genuine and serious adverse drug event that is associated with a relatively small group of drugs. Varenicline, which increases the availability of dopamine, and serotonin reuptake inhibitors were the most strongly and consistently implicated drugs."

Psychiatric drugs create violence and suicide
https://www.cchrint.org/pdfs/violence-report.pdf

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR