JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Just awful. Multiple strikes with the baron looks awful and unnecessary. Just heard over the radio, hard to believe that the Minneapolis PD just eliminated "coke holds". I seem to recall the Portland PD ceased that in the 1990's. There are so many ways to submit a person without these near lethal techniques using Asian joint and limb locking martial arts procedures. I do know that the police do have a very difficult time controlling mentally ill persons hyped up on drugs, but that is not what we are talking about here.
I am guessing many of these police are actively PTSD or Acute Stress Disordered and now, wired way too tight to control either isolated or group protesters. On the other hand, the mayors and city counsel were elected by the citizens and the citizens voted, indirectly, these types of police procedure. Regardless of the offensive crowds and awful behavior the protestors, especial care should be exercised to not inflame the natives.
Mental stress on the cops could be part of the problem, maybe those cops need to seek a medical determination on that issue. I get irritated by these thugs watching them on a screen I can't imagine trying to maintain when they are in my face live. That's only one of many reasons I am not a cop:mad:

In this case the old guy was reaching for the cops midsection with a potential weapon, cop made a snap decision (slow in my opinion) to shove the guy away from him. The old guy had lousy balance which resulted in a unrecoverable fall for him. He choose to impede the cops in their duty and suffered some pain because of it. If you can't handle the heat stay out of the kitchen.

His extended his hand with a potential weapon at the officers mid section. That is not ok especially under the circumstances. It wasn't until after that when the officer pushed him away. That is reasonable given the man could have had one of these in his hand.

Or one of these

This is the right call Mayor. I am glad at least one municipal leader is not jumping to conclusions to quickly.

The Founders never intended for the Federal military to intervene in the states affairs. We still have a little thing called Habeus Corpus. If called upon, a large portion of military wouldn't follow those orders. An older cousin who was in the Marines during Vietnam was in that position stateside in the late 60's during the political unrest then. Another fellow I know was in the Corps at Camp Pendleton during the Rodney King affair in LA. The idea gets floated around, but it never happens. It's up to the Governors to utilize the National Guard (State Militia). They have that resource. But they all remember Kent State. Scared young guardsmen firing on students. Trump must let this be sorted out at the local level. Let those Governors govern, make the hard choices.
Lincoln suspended habeas corpus for 4 years and the military was behind him every inch of the way.

Mental stress on the cops could be part of the problem, maybe those cops need to seek a medical determination on that issue. I get irritated by these thugs watching them on a screen I can't imagine trying to maintain when they are in my face live. That's only one of many reasons I am not a cop:mad:

In this case the old guy was reaching for the cops midsection with a potential weapon, cop made a snap decision (slow in my opinion) to shove the guy away from him. The old guy had lousy balance which resulted in a unrecoverable fall for him. He choose to impede the cops in their duty and suffered some pain because of it. If you can't handle the heat stay out of the kitchen.

The Buffalo guy was at fault. The officer's were clearing the street, he interfered with the officer's travel. entered the officer's personal space, and appeared threatening, and the officer's offensive push or strike did not appear to be overboard. The fault of the citizen caused his own injury.

Maybe the "habeas corpus" they're referring to is Posse Comitatus? Posse Comitatus was passed in something like 1875 or thereabouts, if I remember right. Been a while since US History class. Limits the ability of the government to utilize Federal military personnel in a police capacity within the borders of the US.

Let's do our best to not get this locked?

I was talking to a friend who is a Washington Co. Sheriff Deputy. Asking him what he and his fellow deputies are talking about at work lately.

It was interesting to get his perspective, hear some of his frustrations/fears too. I was really interested in how they were feeling about the possibility of Trump sending the Army in and was surprised to hear they hadn't really started talking about that yet. His knee jerk reaction was not a good one, as he feels it's not the military's place to police American's on our soil.. and I agree.

Not here to debate your feelings, but curious what they are. I feel a majority of LEOs are great people, willing to take the ultimate sacrifice for his/her fellow man, and great people should be heard in times of strife.

And thanks, I appreciate you.
I agree. But if the nazi local governments won't protect the citizens then we send in the troops. Also nobody seems to trust the cops. So who do we send?

I agree. But if the nazi local governments won't protect the citizens then we send in the troops. Also nobody seems to trust the cops. So who do we send?
I think it's pretty clear who we need to send:

justice-league-1200.jpg

The Buffalo guy was at fault. The officer's were clearing the street, he interfered with the officer's travel. entered the officer's personal space, and appeared threatening, and the officer's offensive push or strike did not appear to be overboard. The fault of the citizen caused his own injury.

Why anyone would remain an officer in a democrat ran city is beyond me. I appreciate very much the dedicated folks who want to help their communities, but at some point it has to become obvious they are in a no-win situation. Your leadership will quickly throw you under the bus, and you could easily get a taken out of context video when doing your job that will rile up the social media clowns. There are better ways to make a paycheck.

This is the right call Mayor. I am glad at least one municipal leader is not jumping to conclusions to quickly.

57 Buffalo officers resign from Emergency Response Team after two cops suspended

Maybe it best for the good police of Portland to look for jobs somewhere else where they have a friendly mayor, and a pro police community. I'm thinking this is a no win situation for the Portland police and just a time bomb before one or more get caught in a city hall trap and get injured one way or another or compromised with professional liability. Good time to think about relocating with their families to a nice location.

I have an acquaintance that is a former Chief of Police of a smaller (25,000) Northwest town. He was Chief for over twenty years. He said a lot of the younger guys were gung ho and motivated and got bored policing a low-crime community and usually left to get jobs in Seattle or Portland. He said nearly every one came crawling back, wanting their old job back.

On the flip side, he's had a lot of veteran cops with with a few years experience from LAPD, Seattle PD, etc. that wanted to do a lateral transfer to his department. He said most of them didn't do well and he had to put out a lot fires with citizen complaints and less than honorable behavior. He ran his department using the community policing theory and had very little complaints or issues. Big city cops had trouble adjusting to the atmosphere.

Martin Gugino is a 75-year-old professional agitator and Antifa provocateur who brags on his blog about the number of times he can get arrested and escape prosecution. Gugino's Twitter Account is also filled with anti-cop sentiment. Last Thursday Gugino road his motorcycle from home in Amherst, New York, to Buffalo to agitate the protest crowd. [That's his helmet in the left hand]

Gugino was attempting to capture the radio communications signature of Buffalo police officers, which can be seen in the YT video linked below. In the slow motion video you can see Gugino using a phone as a capture scanner [i.e., skimming]. Watch the right hand first scan the mic of officer one (top left of chest, then his hand moves to the communications belt of the second officer. Capture of communications signals is a method of police tracking used by Antifa to monitor the location of police.

He has a number of blogs, and a YouTube channel [Martin Gugino]

Martin Gugino is a 75-year-old professional agitator and Antifa provocateur who brags on his blog about the number of times he can get arrested and escape prosecution. Gugino's Twitter Account is also filled with anti-cop sentiment. Last Thursday Gugino road his motorcycle from home in Amherst, New York, to Buffalo to agitate the protest crowd. [That's his helmet in the left hand]

Gugino was attempting to capture the radio communications signature of Buffalo police officers, which can be seen in the YT video linked below. In the slow motion video you can see Gugino using a phone as a capture scanner [i.e., skimming]. Watch the right hand first scan the mic of officer one (top left of chest, then his hand moves to the communications belt of the second officer. Capture of communications signals is a method of police tracking used by Antifa to monitor the location of police.

He has a number of blogs, and a YouTube channel [Martin Gugino]

Amazing how much uproar and conjecture can take place before the facts come out. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads