JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's just the endorphins. It works but just not for the reasons they claim it works.
Well if the angry muscle/muscle group is treated to relax, it's beneficial to the whole area. And helps keep a person from using muscle relaxers. Not that I don't like a good high from time to time. And a real good night sleep because of it.

Well if the angry muscle/muscle group is treated to relax, it's beneficial to the whole area. And helps keep a person from using muscle relaxers. Not that I don't like a good high from time to time. And a real good night sleep because of it.
There is one kind of meds that I refuse to take. Muscle relaxers, just one cyclobenzaprine, tuns me into an angry drunk.

Then by all means don't care but lets go ahead and explain the dousing theory.

There is no underlying science behind it. Studies have shown again and again that it is total hooey but that a skilled douser can find water because theres water underground and the chances are pretty good that a skilled douser is going to know the "signs" as in geological features conducive to finding water. He may not know that the reason he finds water is because he knows what to look for versus some goofy pseudoscience but he finds water a little better than someone who doesn't put on the witch doctor act. Theres study after study showing that it is a bunch of crap.

Its like religion. I can argue with people all day that their religion is a bunch of fantasy but they will never believe me so I dont bother.
For me the bottom line in any of these type of "questionable" endeavors, the deciding factor is does it actually work...
Is it factually provable in a controlled setting. For me finding an underground waterline using using handheld brass rods has been clearly demonstrated by other people and I have succeeded at it myself after witnessing it and the brass rods turned 90 degrees in my own hands when I slowly walked over the perpendicular buried waterline...
I don't particularly care that there is not a clear scientific explanation because there are plenty of examples where science does not know the answer (as previously stated by others), but the events are clearly happening... For many years I had neighbors who raised and raced homing pigeons in Central Washington and the birds were often transported to Nevada, California etc. for races. They found their way home in less than 24 hours (unless attacked by a raptor) but some had never previously left the State of Washington. According to your reasoning that is impossible because there is not a definitive scientific explanation to how the pigeons accomplish this feat of returning to their exact home roost. Some think celestial navigation, others believe it is earth's magnetic field or land based visual clues or a combination of all, bottom-line; science does not have an explanation for how the pigeons accomplish it...

I have stated for no person to take my word (or yours), but to simply try it for themselves in their own yard.

For a topic heading of: What shuts down a conversation for you? You gave the answer of dowsing. I find it amusing how far the down the rabbit hole you travel to discuss the very topic you claim you will not discuss.

For me the bottom line in any of these type of "questionable" endeavors, the deciding factor is does it actually work...
Is it factually provable in a controlled setting. For me finding an underground waterline using using handheld brass rods has been clearly demonstrated by other people and I have succeeded at it myself after witnessing it and the brass rods turned 90 degrees in my own hands when I slowly walked over the perpendicular buried waterline...
I don't particularly care that there is not a clear scientific explanation because there are plenty of examples where science does not know the answer (as previously stated by others), but the events are clearly happening... For many years I had neighbors who raised and raced homing pigeons in Central Washington and the birds were often transported to Nevada, California etc. for races. They found their way home in less than 24 hours (unless attacked by a raptor) but some had never previously left the State of Washington. According to your reasoning that is impossible because there is not a definitive scientific explanation to how the pigeons accomplish this feat of returning to their exact home roost. Some think celestial navigation, others believe it is earth's magnetic field or land based visual clues or a combination of all, bottom-line; science does not have an explanation for how the pigeons accomplish it...

I have stated for no person to take my word (or yours), but to simply try it for themselves in their own yard.

For a topic heading of: What shuts down a conversation for you? You gave the answer of dowsing. I find it amusing how far the down the rabbit hole you travel to discuss the very topic you claim you will not discuss.
I am nothing but inconsistent and clearly I missed my true vocation as an lawyer..

And its magnetism with the pigeons. Remove the pigeons brain and they cannot navigate.

I don't really care how you do it. My only issue is that an underground pipe doesn't have the power to move a metal rod from 50 feet away. Why does the rod only move when it's in your hand? Certain people can find water with the rods better than a random choice can. Is it the rods, or the person? Since the rods don't work by themselves or with some people, I would guess it's the person. How do they do it? I don't know.

I don't really care how you do it. My only issue is that an underground pipe doesn't have the power to move a metal rod from 50 feet away. Why does the rod only move when it's in your hand? Certain people can find water with the rods better than a random choice can. Is it the rods, or the person? Since the rods don't work by themselves or with some people, I would guess it's the person. How do they do it? I don't know.
Hint: The rods move when your hands make them move.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews