JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
IF the investigation reveals that the officer(s) were following an order ("push him back") from a superior, and IF the investigation reveals the 75yo citizen was warned to leave the area, such hard information would cause me to re-evaluate the officers' action in pushing the citizen: His falling and being injured might be attributable to a simple and understandable misjudging of the force utilized in (rightfully) pushing him.

HOWEVER: What I found entirely inexcusable was the officers' (plural) conduct while the citizen lay on the ground unconscious and bleeding from his head. NO immediate care rendered (one officer can be seen possibly asking for medical response on his pac set). Regardless of prior circumstances that citizen (black or white) deserved immediate first aid from those charged to Protect and Serve. ESPECIALLY if the officer was surprised (and ashamed as he should have been) that his push simply had more result than he intended.

That officer dismissively tossing his head in a "devil may care" fashion just after the push is the icing on the cake. If you can't do things right when you KNOW you are under scrutiny, there is a serious problem. That this citizen was white only illustrates that the problem is very often NOT racial at all.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This exactly!!!!!
Zero F's given about how it came about, but once the guy is on the ground with a good indication of serious head trauma, and the cops just let him lie there with no attempt at first-aid, they are no longer officers, they are just bullies.

Not here to debate your feelings, but curious what they are. I feel a majority of LEOs are great people, willing to take the ultimate sacrifice for his/her fellow man, and great people should be heard in times of strife.

And thanks, I appreciate you.
[/QUOTE]
Yip, the open forum for LEO's went to opinions of we Non-LEO's really fast. <moving on>

Pdx Mayor reassigned millions in the police budget to programs for people of color. Police services will be significantly weakened. Awful. Be careful out there.

Pdx Mayor reassigned millions in the police budget to programs for people of color.
Well, he reassigned money that was already focused on people of color to new, undefined programs for people of color.

Police services will be significantly weakened. Awful. Be careful out there.

I'm still waiting for a Blue Flu. Sometimes the only way the morons get the hint is when they get exactly what they're asking for. But yeah, I know there's extra time at the range for me.

Well, he reassigned money that was already focused on people of color to new, undefined programs for people of color.

I'm still waiting for a Blue Flu. Sometimes the only way the morons get the hint is when they get exactly what they're asking for. But yeah, I know there's extra time at the range for me.
The sooner the better.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews