JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For me (if say, when speaking to/with the younger members of the opposite sex).....
Mostly.....it's the FEMINIST entitlement/demanding attitudes. As in (well, with many, if not most of them-women) they also come with and share their agendas of : wokeness, inclusion, political ideas, ideas of "fairness", etc.... etc.....

No doubt sold to them through main stream media and through their up bringing (call it, education/indoctrination). Yeah.....the modern WESTERN women has changed and IMHO, not for the better.

I can see why many of the "Passport Bros" are looking for women outside of America (add, Western Women, if it makes you even happier).

Of course, the "standard disclaimer" applies.

Aloha, Mark
Honestly I am glad I am not a young man wanting a family, the culture has ruined most women.

On the bright side a man can build a great life for himself and do what he wants with what he earns.

I was married to a great woman and wouldn't trade a single day away in the 40 years together. Haven't met any woman who compares to her, God rest her soul.

Honestly I am glad I am not a young man wanting a family, the culture has ruined most women.

On the bright side a man can build a great life for himself and do what he wants with what he earns.

I was married to a great woman and wouldn't trade a single day away in the 40 years together. Haven't met any woman who compares to her, God rest her soul.
The good women are exceedingly rare, I agree. I am happy with my wife, and we've been together for almost 10 years, though we've known each other for over 20 years. Most of the good women out there marry early or don't want anything to do with men.

This whole "living wage" lecture I keep hearing spewed like a 21st century mantra. I don't enjoy being told that I "just don't understand how life is so unfair" for young people today:

- minimum-wage jobs they don't enjoy
- renting
- riding the bus/walking/biking to work
- sharing a humble place and disliking at least one of the roommates
- expensive food
- driving beater used cars
- skipping fun restaurants
- adorable pets cost money and require attention
- long, time-consuming commutes
- waiting for kids
- don't know what a "vacation" is
- working 40-50-hour weeks during trade-school
- college should be free and/or loan contracts voided
- "I don't know what I want to do!"
- working for years/decades... "I want to retire now!"

Of course, none of this ever happened to the grown-ups here who did all of that - and more.

I just keep hearing the "living wage" thing over and over again, as if it'll magically elicit more sympathy the 10th (or 100th) time.

Turnabout is probably fair play. I don't suppose they appreciate it either when I say, "I've got underwear older than you."

Last Edited:
What shuts down a conversation immediately for you. Something that someone says that you think "I'm not wasting my time with this idiot"? .

For me it doesn't happen often but its dowsing. If you start talking about how divining rods actually work, I'm walking off. Its like a reflex.
Arrogant bastards shut down a conversation for me.

This whole "living wage" lecture I hear getting spewed like a 21st century mantra
Indeed.

Sometimes I just ask them if plumbers, welders, machinists, factory workers, fabricators, contractors, should also see their wages go up and everything get more expensive because these people need to know their jobs are worth more than flipping burgers :rolleyes:

When I point out that wages for these skilled trades have not raised as much as minimum wages have in some States... they get all wide-eyed because of course they never thought of it that way. :s0140:

This whole "living wage" lecture I hear getting spewed like a 21st century mantra. I don't enjoy hearing that I "just don't understand how life is so unfair" to young people:

- minimum-wage jobs they don't enjoy
- renting
- riding the bus/walking/biking to work
- sharing a humble place and disliking at least one of the roommates
- expensive food
- driving beater used cars
- skipping fun restaurants
- adorable pets cost money and require attention
- long, time-consuming commutes
- waiting for kids
- don't know what a "vacation" is
- working 40-50-hour weeks during college and having to pay off loan contracts
- trade schools? puleeeeeze!
- working for years/decades... "I want to retire now!"

Of course, none of this ever happened to the grown-ups here who did all of that - and more.

I just keep hearing the "living wage" thing over and over again, as if it'll magically elicit more sympathy the 10th or 100th time.

Turnabout is probably fair play. I don't suppose they appreciate it either when I say, "I've got underwear older than you."
"The grown-ups here who did all that and more"

I can remember back in the 90's making $10/hr digging ditches thinking I was King Farouk.

Kids today won't put down their game controllers for less than $20.

"The grown-ups here who did all that and more"

I can remember back in the 90's making $10/hr digging ditches thinking I was King Farouk.

Kids today won't put down their game controllers for less than $20.
My 16 year old son made over $200K in a few months with a game controller. You F'd up.

The anonymity of social media/net has empowered interactions that would have typically been resolved by a punch to the mouth.
Mikey knows...

Tyson_social media.jpg

Conspiracy theorists on either end of the political spectrum, I won't waste time indulging them...
If you claim the dog ate your homework, you better have some poop covered paper to back your assertion.

P.S: I have witnessed dowsing (and did it myself, to find an underground waterline) enough to know that it factually occurs...
And just to be clear there are two separate type of situations are are commonly described as "dowsing".
1. Would be to locate the spot where underground water aquifer is closest to the surface resulting in being able to drill a new well at that location, hence digging the shallowest amount of feet to reach the water.
2. Locate an existing underground waterline with no visual clues... Imagine a football field and somewhere between the end-zones a single 3/4 inch waterline crosses the field from side-to-side in that 100 yard span. I have seen others and personally located myself that waterline on the first attempt using only brass welding rods in the hand... It clearly was not random luck that resulted in that waterline being found exactly where the dowsing rods crossed shortly after digging began.

I call b.s. to anybody who calls b.s. on dowsing.

Last Edited:
P.S: I have witnessed dowsing (and did it myself, to find an underground waterline) enough to know that it factually occurs...
And just to be clear there are two separate type of situations are are commonly described as "dowsing".
1. Would be to locate the spot where underground water aquifer is closest to the surface resulting in being able to drill a new well at that location, hence digging the shallowest amount of feet to reach the water.
2. Locate an existing underground waterline with no visual clues... Imagine a football field and somewhere between the end-zones a single 3/4 inch waterline crosses the field from side-to-side in that 100 yard span. I have seen others and personally located myself that waterline on the first attempt using only brass welding rods in the hand... It clearly was not random luck that resulted in that waterline being found exactly where the dowsing rods crossed shortly after digging began.

I worked in large-scale irrigation district design in my early days out of engineering school. During those early years, I saw more than one person use dowsing rods to find old wood stave irrigation pipes. It's not a cockamamey thing - dowsing actually works. I tried it myself but wasn't nearly as successful as the older gents...

Last Edited:
I worked in large-scale irrigation district design in my early days out of enginering school. During those early years, I saw more than one person use dowsing rods to find old wood stave irrigation pipes. It's not a cockamamey thing - dowsing actually works. I tried it myself but wasn't nearly as successful as the older gents...
Is dowsing rods the thing to find underground water? If so I agree those really do work. I dug 2 wells using that (I didn't do it a guy who does it did) and 1 was artesian and the other 20' static level when nearby wells were around 200' static level.

Last Edited:
I worked in large-scale irrigation district design in my early days out of engineering school. During those early years, I saw more than one person use dowsing rods to find old wood stave irrigation pipes. It's not a cockamamey thing - dowsing actually works. I tried it myself but wasn't nearly as successful as the older gents...
Tuned out

Conspiracy theorists on either end of the political spectrum, I won't waste time indulging them...
If you claim the dog ate your homework, you better have some poop covered paper to back your assertion.

Im sure it works as well as acupuncture i.e. if you think it works it works for you. Like religion .

I was raised in rural Central Washington, every farm family I knew, when digging a new water well, used someone (often more than one) who was reputed to be accurate at dowsing when choosing the location...
A family member who owns a lot of acreage decided to dig a new, deeper well because of the water declining in the aquifer.He contacted two local individuals with reputations as dowsers, his only request was the location of the new well be within one mile of the farm house. This equates to four square miles, one mile in each direction.
The first dowser arrived and eventually chose a spot, my family member marked the location by placing a rock upon it. A few days later the second dowser choose a location within 25 feet of that rock...
In my opinion, that is much too close together to be random.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews