JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Im sure it works as well as acupuncture i.e. if you think it works it works for you. Like religion .
That's where I call b.s.
I am more into simple, factual evidence.
The "provide evidence" mentality.
As in the example I witnessed describing the football field. Basic math shows that 150 2-foot wide random holes could be dug side by side in 100 yards, the waterline was exposed on attempt number one. If you want to believe that accurately hitting 1:150 odds on the first attempt was just a random coincidence, I don't care.
Locating an underground waterline via dowsing is actually easily provable. Simply go to a grass covered area like a city park where there is a standing water faucet. Step away from the faucet 20 feet and walk a circle around it and determine from what direction the underground waterline comes to that faucet. According to your thinking, that is impossible and the dowser would be relying on a random chance of 360 degrees. My belief is a person good at dowsing gets it correct on their first attempt .

That's where I call b.s.
I am more into simple, factual evidence.
The "provide evidence" mentality.
As in the example I witnessed describing the football field. Basic math shows that 150 2-foot wide random holes could be dug side by side in 100 yards, the waterline was exposed on attempt number one. If you want to believe that accurately hitting 1:150 odds on the first attempt was just a random coincidence, I don't care.
Locating an underground waterline via dowsing is actually easily provable. Simply go to a grass covered area like a city park where there is a standing water faucet. Step away from the faucet 20 feet and walk a circle around it and determine from what direction the underground waterline comes to that faucet. According to your thinking, that is impossible and the dowser would be relying on a random chance of 360 degrees. My belief is a person good at dowsing gets it correct on their first attempt .
Yes. That is a belief. Now explain the math.

A dowser knows what to look for topographically then makes himself look like a wizard doing some mumbo jumbo BS . Nothing more. Its entertaining theater but thats is. An educated guess is still educated.

Last Edited:
Yes. That is a belief. Now explain the math.

A dowser knows what to look for topographically then makes himself look like a wizard doing some mumbo jumbo BS . Nothing more. Its entertaining theater but thats is. An educated guess is still educated.
If you want to believe that accurately hitting 1:150 odds on the first attempt was just a random coincidence, I don't care.

"Reading into" what I say or post...
Labeling , stereotyping and "blanket statements"...
Those four have me walking away from a conversation quickly.

Something to consider here....
Many times when folks disagree about something...
It ain't a matter of right or wrong...
But more of a matter of it ain't right for you....but it is right for the other guy.

At the end of the day...if it ain't hurting you...then why worry 'bout...or try to tell the other guy how wrong he is...
It works for him...not for you...great for both of you.
Andy

He knew what to look for. Thats all
Don't take my word for it and certainly don't take yours...
I would encourage any person who reads this and is curious to whether finding an underground waterline via dowsing using brass rods is possible, to simply try it themselves or a friend or family member in their own yard. Some people seem to be more sensitive to it than others. Slowly walk across a part of your yard where you know for certain there is a buried waterline while holding the brass rods straight out and see if the rods turn in your hands to the direction the waterline is traveling....

Don't take my word for it and certainly don't take yours...
I would encourage any person who reads this and is curious to whether finding an underground waterline via dowsing using brass rods is possible, to simply try it themselves or a friend or family member in their own yard. Some people seem to be more sensitive to it than others. Slowly walk across a part of your yard where you know for certain there is a buried waterline while holding the brass rods straight out and see if the rods turn in your hands to the direction the waterline is traveling....
Lots of animals are tuned to different things. Normally it's somehow tied to survival. Some animals migrate by the earths magnetic field including some fish and some birds , detecting changes so minute it can't be detected by most anything. Monarchs can take 5 generations to migrate 1000s of miles to the same spot, then return with favorable winds all the way back in the 6th generation. I have science degrees and there is a hell of a lot out there that cannot yet be explained by science. It's not woo woo or religious or whatever, it's simply not yet explainable because science hasn't figured it out yet. If it works it works. Agree with you that seeing it yourself is believing. And my guy knew nothing at all about geology or topography.

No clue what makes it work but my guess is some biological artifact where soem humans survived that were able to find water more than others (ie more sensitive to changes in density or whatever it is) and the trait got passed on.

Lots of animals are tuned to different things. Normally it's somehow tied to survival. Some animals migrate by the earths magnetic field including some fish and some birds , detecting changes so minute it can't be detected by most anything. Monarchs can take 5 generations to migrate 1000s of miles to the same spot, then return with favorable winds all the way back in the 6th generation. I have science degrees and there is a hell of a lot out there that cannot yet be explained by science. It's not woo woo or religious or whatever, it's simply not yet explainable because science hasn't figured it out yet. If it works it works. Agree with you that seeing it yourself is believing. And my guy knew nothing at all about geology or topography.

No clue what makes it work but my guess is some biological artifact where soem humans survived that were able to find water more than others (ie more sensitive to changes in density or whatever it is) and the trait got passed on.

Its just unambiguous crapola.Nothing more.

If you want to believe that accurately hitting 1:150 odds on the first attempt was just a random coincidence, I don't care.
Then by all means don't care but lets go ahead and explain the dousing theory.

There is no underlying science behind it. Studies have shown again and again that it is total hooey but that a skilled douser can find water because theres water underground and the chances are pretty good that a skilled douser is going to know the "signs" as in geological features conducive to finding water. He may not know that the reason he finds water is because he knows what to look for versus some goofy pseudoscience but he finds water a little better than someone who doesn't put on the witch doctor act. Theres study after study showing that it is a bunch of crap.

Its like religion. I can argue with people all day that their religion is a bunch of fantasy but they will never believe me so I dont bother.

What shuts down a conversation for you?

People who not only have to be right, but have to be more right than everyone else.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
GOOD one! Perfect timing too!! :s0140:

Oh, acupuncture absolutely does work. Partly having the belief/faith it will work, and a physical reason it works. I don't think it works with arthritic bone on bone pain, but it most certainly works for other things. Plus, it's so fricking cool to have 30-40 needles sticking out all over your body!

Plus, it's so fricking cool to have 30-40 needles sticking out all over your body!
So Pinhead just was an avid fan of acupuncture and body modifications? :s0140: Pinhead-Hellraiser-a.jpg

GOOD one! Perfect timing too!! :s0140:

Oh, acupuncture absolutely does work. Partly having the belief/faith it will work, and a physical reason it works. I don't think it works with arthritic bone on bone pain, but it most certainly works for other things. Plus, it's so fricking cool to have 30-40 needles sticking out all over your body!
That's just the endorphins. It works but just not for the reasons they claim it works.

Last Edited:
So Pinhead just was an avid fan of acupuncture and body modifications? :s0140: View attachment 1469569
You know, that's funny. One time when I was going in for a treatment at Working Class Acupuncture, the guy at reception/check-in had like 20 needles in his face. My favorite weird thing was having a needle half way between the wrist and elbow. Lift a finger and the needle would move. You don't want that 'cause it hurts some when you do it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews