JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone use the Lee case gauge trimmer tool? I bought a set to try it out and love it. I have bought four more for my other loads. Very simple and inexpensive and easy to use. Impossible to screw up, so that's my kind of tool.

Got to admit that it's both inexpensive and practical. Used one for years. I used to chuck the cutter/pilot in my small drill press.
I then took an old drill chuck and mounted the shell holder in it to give me a bigger "Handle". Put a case in the shellholder, slip it up on the spinning cutter/pilot, and almost instantly a trimmed case.

Only reason I don't use it today is that I trim my .223 cases with a Dillon RT1200 mounted on the press and for .308, I trim the cases longer than the Lee is permanently set for. I use an RCBS lathe trimmer with a 3-way cutter that trims, chamfers, and deburrs in one step.

The price of the Lee, compared to other trimmer systems is hard to beat considering also that it works so well.

Anyone use the Lee case gauge trimmer tool? I bought a set to try it out and love it. I have bought four more for my other loads. Very simple and inexpensive and easy to use. Impossible to screw up, so that's my kind of tool.

Yes I use it almost weekly for my rifle shells., 30-06, 300 savage, and .223. I have the quick change holder mounted to my hand drill and it is quick and efficient.

I have the quick change holder
Would you be referring to the Lee quick change holder? Someone posted in a previous thread about case trimmers (started by me) and said the Lee Quick Change Holder was not very well made. That stopped my interest in buying one but it was exactly what I was looking for. If it IS the Lee please give me your assessment of it. Thanks.

Would you be referring to the Lee quick change holder? Someone posted in a previous thread about case trimmers (started by me) and said the Lee Quick Change Holder was not very well made. That stopped my interest in buying one but it was exactly what I was looking for. If it IS the Lee please give me your assessment of it. Thanks.

It is the 3 jaw chuck, and i am very pleased with it.

The Lee Universal chuck IS pretty cheaply made. That doesn't mean it won't work but it sure isn't something that a "High Volume" user would want. That said, they're inexpensive enough that one can buy two or three "chucks" and just replace them on the spinner stud as they fail.

I use caseholders like this for neck turning too. Got tired of the small surface on the Lee's that made it hard to tighten. Have a Sinclair on order for a whopping $35 or so, delivered. A far better tool for gripping a case, especially when turning necks which put a lot more torque on the caseholder than trimming.

I got one to trim 9x19 Luger brass(which is all over the range) to 9x18 for my Makarov (which is not).
Trimming a whole millimeter of every case got old fast with the Lee...so I bought a Lyman universal case trimmer with the drill adapter.
Now I can convert a box of cases in no time at all.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top