JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My friend wants a Kel Tec SU-16 @$550 but would prefer a 20" barrel.
I would like to recomend an economical AR with standard 20" BBL .
What mfg should I look for in the $650-700 range?

My friend wants a Kel Tec SU-16 @$550 but would prefer a 20" barrel.
I would like to recommend an economical AR with standard 20" BBL .
What mfg should I look for in the $650-700 range?

Del-Ton from Cocktailer if he still has any!!

I also have a KT SU-16C and really like it.

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

i'd be looking at used ARs from quality manufacturers. delton and DPMS are bottom of the barrel, and there's enough threads that start with "my DPMS/delton took a dump, please help!" to stretch from one end of the DeNial to the other.

why do you want a 20" barrel? they are not more accurate, and velocity only becomes an issue once you get down to around 14.5".

what do you think about Wilson barrels bkb000

they're notorious for tight chambers, and commercially available 1/7 chrome-lined wilson barrels are about as rare as purple apes. however much you're saving by buying a wilson, think about the cost/benefit offset compared to buying a BCM or DD... will saving $50 really be worth significanlty increased chances of stuck cases and short-stroking, over-sized gas ports, or a potential 50% reduced lifespan?

just my thoughts

The 20" barrel requirement is due to his tennitus,he sold his Mini years ago due to that problem and he's trying to mitigate future harm with the longer barrel, even though he probably won't fire more than 100 rounds through the piece.

The 20" barrel requirement is due to his tennitus,he sold his Mini years ago due to that problem and he's trying to mitigate future harm with the longer barrel, even though he probably won't fire more than 100 rounds through the piece.

crazy... yes, the 20" barrel is substantially less loud than a 14.5... but good ear protection will fix all. 20" guns are just super old-school.. unnecessarily limiting. even the anachronistic marine corps is finally starting to phase out all their m16s

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top