JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The red dots one is really good. All 3 are worth listening to imo. Red dot one states what I've been saying for years that there are 2 classes. There are (1) "go to war" optics and (2) everything else. Some peopel liek to criticize why don't you have an aimpoint on every gun instead of that cheaper one. Well then I wouldn't have as many guns because of all that money spent on aimpoints. I have around 13-15 red dots, in addition to scopes and an Lpvo. The optics are suited for the weapon. A range plinker doesn't need a go to war optic. Something that will not break, hold zero, etc is good enough.

In the Lpvo one I especially like the discussion about how reticles are constructed. Makes sense. Two things the left out or may not be aware of is florite lenses (not floutine coating). These save tons of weight. Also phase fresnel lenses save tons of weight. Big telephoto lenses that used to weigh 12 lb are about half that now. As far as I know this tech hasn't made it to scopes yet. It's more expensive though.

Last Edited:
Anybody here use a 5x prism plus micro red dot on top instead of an Lpvo? Been thinking about it for a sbr but Lpvo at is so damn nice. Just wish it wasn't so big and heavy.

What about a scope switch? Anyone use one yet? I would buy a manual version cuz they are cheap buy my Lpvo lever is a bit stiff (by design) and I'm afraid it might be too much strain it's the cables and might break. Plus I don't really want to add 10oz. They are sweet though. Zoom just liek my bird lens (push-pull) without moving your hand from normal position.

Anybody here use a 5x prism plus micro red dot on top instead of an Lpvo? Been thinking about it for a sbr but Lpvo at is so damn nice. Just wish it wasn't so big and heavy.
I have a couple of 4x ACOGs and a Primary Arms GLX 2x on a third rifle. No LPVOs. No red dots on my scopes. I just don't like the idea of messing w/ a magnified optic unless its on a precision rifle. I also don't trust the LPVO will hold zero as well as a prism optic. This is just my OCD. Clearly many people love the LPVOs and use them to great effect. Choice of gear is largely personal preference and/or superstition. I've seen many lousy shots with expensive rifles and expensive optics.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top