JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was at the State Capitol today bending the ears of a couple politicians. When I let my Senator know how I fear a Washington type background check law happening on Oregon, he said we've got other bad things to worry about. He said he expects Kitzhauber to pen an executive order banning all lead ammo in Oregon!
Lordy no!

WAYNO.

I was at the State Capitol today bending the ears of a couple politicians. When I let my Senator know how I fear a Washington type background check law happening on Oregon, he said we've got other bad things to worry about. He said he expects Kitzhauber to pen an executive order banning all lead ammo in Oregon!
Lordy no!

WAYNO.

I don't think Kitzy has authority to do such a thing - they could *try* to legislate it, but I don't think even that would stand up to a constitutional test as an all out lead ammo ban - there simply is not a viable alternative at this point.

More serious worries are 594 on steroids, mag cap limits, semi-auto bans, ban on open carry statewide, restrictions added to the CHL law, etc.

Well, first there's this bit of news information that wasn't provided prior to California going thru with it's ban.

Second, this could actually be a bit of good news, from a silver lining on the dark rain cloud type of way. All those hunters and sports men (and there are a lot here in Oregon) might finally wake up and get on our side. Do't forget to remind them that their bolt-action hunting rifles are nothing more than high powered, long range weapons-of-war. i.e. sniper rifles ;)

Add to that, I think we can expect the ability of just about any entity, be it schools, universities, local organizations, or just about anyone else to be able to preempt state law with regard to CHL carry. We can also expect new liability laws and insurance requirements, as well as storage, security, and home inspection requirements for firearms owners.

Those crying about the lack of an ebola outbreak in the US better get their heads out of their rear ends and look at what is really coming at us. It's going to get ugly in Oregon, and it's coming fast.

Don't sweat it, they are banning it for fishing too. That's cool, we now have Tungsten beads, sink putty, weights, etc. which, much like the brain-i-acks that brought us the 1.8 gal/flush toilet told us, is much safer for the environment that lead. I have no reason to doubt them; we just use 3.6 gal/flush to get the same job done. The crapper mfg. and water company come out on the plus side, so it all works out in the end. True, my qty. 25 bag of cone heads now costs me twice as much as the lead version, but I feel pure... and that is priceless.

Let's see, if they ban lead then all that is left will be armor piercing. Think the cops want all guns in the state shooting armor piercing bullets? The left has never been very smart.

Years ago the scheduled a hearing at the capital to ban handguns. A state cop was outside going to testified at the hearing so I made the point if you ban handguns the bad guys will use rifles. Asked him how well those vest handled 06? Wasn't long until the meeting was canceled and they never have tried it again in such a big way.

Relax, we are now under the total control of democrats. The house, senate and governor are all of the party that knows what is best for us. Thanks to the large metro areas where most of the liberal voters live. They would never do anything that wasn't in our best interest, would they? :(

Let's see, if they ban lead then all that is left will be armor piercing. Think the cops want all guns in the state shooting armor piercing bullets? The left has never been very smart.

Years ago the scheduled a hearing at the capital to ban handguns. A state cop was outside going to testified at the hearing so I made the point if you ban handguns the bad guys will use rifles. Asked him how well those vest handled 06? Wasn't long until the meeting was canceled and they never have tried it again in such a big way.

That's quite a good point which the legislators wont think or know about. We could point out something like the G2RIP rounds. Would you rather I use one of these evil-looking organ-shredding rip rounds?

bMWNZ4D.jpg

They also need to know that a FMJ round with a steel core is going to travel easily through the first person, then then next 3 people, then through the wall and down the block.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top