JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Whatever safety you use...
Make sure the system you have , works for you and those around you.
I like to keep my finger of the trigger until I am ready to shoot...
Always keeping my muzzle pointing in a safe direction...
And checking each firearm I come into contact with , to see if its loaded...

These three things work with any firearm , regardless of any other mechanical safety , lock , cable or safe.

Will mistakes and accidents happen ...yes
If I practice the three listed...the chances of something bad happening is decreased and if it does happen , then the likelihood of someone being hurt is also diminished.
That said....

If you like firearms and have been around them for a long while , it can be easy to get complacent ....
It never hurts to remind yourself of safety measures.
Andy

Booger-hook discipline, thoughtful mental engagement of actions appropriate to the situation, and NEVER EVER solely rely on mechanical parts/pieces or "other people" for firearm safety.... ever.

When I was first learning about running a M60 in basic/AIT as a young teenager I didn't really know the real difference between open-bolt and closed-bolt operation (hadn't sunk it yet anyway) and after loading one up (with blanks) into the feed tray, I rode the bolt forward and it when off.... THEN I remembered the block of instruction we got about open-bolt operation!

Thankfully the Drill Sgts. weren't around and I didn't get pounded into the ground for it.... but I DID punch myself in the face for it! o_O

FYI- I have never shot anyone on accident. ;)

FYI- I have never shot anyone on accident. ;)

Neither have I, but I have witnessed a wall shot by accident; unless someone has patched it up in the 40 years since, there is a divot in the wall of the basement of the Yaquina Bay CG station that was put there in .45 ACP bullet. No one was hurt, and due to both of us keeping quiet about it and hanging a clip board over the divot, nobody got in trouble for it either.

The lesson was that a gun is always loaded; the trigger was pulled on purpose but the person (my gun, but I didn't pull the trigger) pulling it thought it was unloaded.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top