JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The AFT is also shutting down FFLs already, Big time if the Videos are accurate! The one channel I saw ( and forgot to book Mark to share) claimed more then 30% of FFLs this year had been taken down and records taken! If that's true, it's gonna be a bad time!

The AFT is also shutting down FFLs already, Big time if the Videos are accurate! The one channel I saw ( and forgot to book Mark to share) claimed more then 30% of FFLs this year had been taken down and records taken! If that's true, it's gonna be a bad time!
They are apparently using any excuse they can find - the slightest error in paperwork will do.

and yet no one mentions Chicago any longer
the toughest gun laws in the country, yet shootings are up 64% from last year and over 200 gun related deaths as of last weekend
and a hot summer has not even hit there yet

the toughest gun laws in the country, yet shootings are up 64% from last year and over 200 gun related deaths as of last weekend
All of the best criminals come from Chicago. And all the best Congressmen come from Chicago. But I repeat myself.

(Apologies to Mark Twain)

latest news from the Philly South Street shooting
one of the shooters is not being charged, since the DA believes it was self defense
good video of one of the victims drawing his gun and shooting first, then running away
from the ground, with a critical gunshot wound, he shoots the shooter in the BACK as he runs away
in Philly, this is self defense

and the other two yahoos are now in custody
they were just walking down the street, heard gunfire behind them, pulled their guns and started shooting into the packed street
they are being held without bail on murder charges

We could see some increased mass shootings with this batch of warm weather hitting the southwest. I think the warmer weather tends to trigger shootings more in the midwest and east coast but might still cause a bump in the SW.

Once it hits 92 degrees...

my FFL tells me he contacts the ATF on a regular basis to get informed of ongoing changes in their requirements

but I remember back in '81, an FFL in Portland was selling full auto firearms to the Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh without proper paperwork, for a substantial profit
they shut him down, but I considered it justified

so was it within the Bhagwan's 2nd amendment rights to own full auto M16s without proper documentation and background checks?

my FFL tells me he contacts the ATF on a regular basis to get informed of ongoing changes in their requirements

but I remember back in '81, an FFL in Portland was selling full auto firearms to the Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh without proper paperwork, for a substantial profit
they shut him down, but I considered it justified

so was it within the Bhagwan's 2nd amendment rights to own full auto M16s without proper documentation and background checks?
Well, fer starters, I don't think the Boggy One was a U.S Citizen, so there fore, he would NOT enjoy any of our Bill of Rights nor it's protections!
As to selling full auto firearms, I suspect there was a whole lot more going on that was beyond a stupid/careless FFL, like How did Shella get the poison and explosives and all that other crap!

Well, fer starters, I don't think the Boggy One was a U.S Citizen, so there fore, he would NOT enjoy any of our Bill of Rights nor it's protections!
As to selling full auto firearms, I suspect there was a whole lot more going on that was beyond a stupid/careless FFL, like How did Shella get the poison and explosives and all that other crap!
at least you guys are old enough to remember the Bhagwan and the trouble he cause in Oregon back then

Once it hits 92 degrees...

One of my favorites. People get irritable, indeed.

Met her a a record signing in 86 or 87 at a Tower Records in LA. I didn't know any of the music but a friend took me (I drove). By the end of 2hrs or so in line I heard most of their music and was a fan. I had no idea what she looked like and she was all done up in Arabian style make up and was exotic, dismissive and fun at the same time.

at least you guys are old enough to remember the Bhagwan and the trouble he cause in Oregon back then
In 1984, Sheela Silverman coordinated an attack alongside Rajneeshpuram citizens to infect the salad bars of at least ten restaurants in the county seat of Wasco County with salmonella, in an attempt to incapacitate the voting population of the city so that their own candidates would win the 1984 Wasco County elections.[25] While 751 people, including several Wasco County public officials, were infected, and 45 people were hospitalized, there were no fatalities. This incident is still regarded as the single largest biological warfare attack in United States history.

In 1984, Sheela Silverman coordinated an attack alongside Rajneeshpuram citizens to infect the salad bars of at least ten restaurants in the county seat of Wasco County with salmonella, in an attempt to incapacitate the voting population of the city so that their own candidates would win the 1984 Wasco County elections.[25] While 751 people, including several Wasco County public officials, were infected, and 45 people were hospitalized, there were no fatalities. This incident is still regarded as the single largest biological warfare attack in United States history.
Oh those guys. They bought or rented a bunch of land, built some huge cult and tried to take over the town, right? Multi-millionaire Indian holy guy. Had like half a dozen Rolls Royces he was driven around in.

Dead people don't commit crime, at least any more crime anyway.
Evidently neither do criminals. There has been a television commercial running lately that is driving me nuts. A guy looks in the camera and says something along the lines of (may not be the exact quote, but you get the drift): "I did some stupid things when I was young, even committed some crimes, but I am NOT a criminal." Huh? I'm waiting for the sequel: "I may have raped a chick or two in my day, but I am NOT a rapist." :confused:

If we can just redefine criminal as someone who hasn't committed a crime, we'll have this crime thing licked. Or not.

Oh those guys. They bought or rented a bunch of land, built some huge cult and tried to take over the town, right? Multi-millionaire Indian holy guy. Had like half a dozen Rolls Royces he was driven around in.
Thems the ones. It was quite a big deal to the time, and we regular folks had to avoid wearing certain colors so as not to be mistaken for one of them.

Evidently neither do criminals. There has been a television commercial running lately that is driving me nuts. A guy looks in the camera and says something along the lines of (may not be the exact quote, but you get the drift): "I did some stupid things when I was young, even committed some crimes, but I am NOT a criminal." Huh? I'm waiting for the sequel: "I may have raped a chick or two in my day, but I am NOT a rapist." :confused:

If we can just redefine criminal as someone who hasn't committed a crime, we'll have this crime thing licked. Or not.
Yep, or how about the fact that MANY crimes simply are no longer being prosecuted so MANY people do not even bother reporting things that they know will lead to nothing being done about it - then politicians can say claim crime isn't through the roof, because they aren't having as many prosecutions.

Last Edited:
Based on news coverage, my impression is that this year's rallies attracted significantly lower turnout than in the past. For example:
March For Our Lives has advocated for bipartisan gun overhauls since 2018, when a 19-year-old former student opened fire inside a high school in Parkland, Fla., killing 17 people and wounding 17 others. It held its first March For Our Lives that year, filling downtown Washington with more than 200,000 people.
The second March For Our Lives on Saturday drew a smaller crowd in Washington, but organizers also coordinated rallies in many other cities around the country.
Locally:
About 300 people assembled in front of Portland State University's recreation center at noon for the Portland March For Our Lives event …
So basically nobody showed up.

After years and years of hype, are people finally realizing how statistically rare these "mass-shooting" events actually are?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top