JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good point. People owned cannons, punt guns and warships at that time. Surely they'd have mentioned that. Look up "grape shot" if you want a real gruesome visual. Citizens bought Gatling Guns during the Civil War.
Facts. "Weapons of war" were owned by individuals. Which is why the lamentation of "weapons of war" being owned by Americans is a ridiculous statement in the first place, because literally THE PURPOSE of the 2nd amendment was to codify into legal language that weapons of war could in fact be legally owned by the populace, and that the government was not allowed to infringe on that right.

Where I will cede ground is that only a moral people can be responsible to own such weaponry without it being used for evil purposes, so I would also like to see far more hangings in society for many types of violent crime, and property crime related offenses. Dead people don't commit crime, at least any more crime anyway.

now, I'm against a semi auto ban, and I believe we should be able to own High Cap magazines
but a belt fed machine gun?
I'm gona have to disagree there
gangs in Portland have acquired belt fed machineguns
personally, I'll have to put a limit at that point
a violent gang in Portland should be able to have a belt fed MG34 just to protect your right to also own one without licensing?

View attachment 1217667
The problem is adjusting our lives around the lowest common denominator. Gangs and other criminals. We give up our rights and they are allowed to roam free (also free of fear to abuse the rights we give up).

We've always had gangs but refuse to treat them at the level needed. We don't need to shoot, abuse or do extra. Just lock them up. Educate those willing to learn and stop pretending good gun owning citizens are the problem.

We could see some increased mass shootings with this batch of warm weather hitting the southwest. I think the warmer weather tends to trigger shootings more in the midwest and east coast but might still cause a bump in the SW.

With regard to discussions' did anyone catch any part of the congressional committee hearings & witness statements during the house vote yesterday ?

I almost couldn't believe some of the things I heard.

There is nothing they can say that will surprise me anymore!
What the house members said was bad enough but what the witnesses said HAD to have been scripted and rehearsed.

This was one of the best:
"My son Zaire has a hole in the right side of his neck, two on his back and another on his left leg, caused by an exploding bullet from an AR-15.

I agree mostly!

Here's how it will happen though!
You will be forced to comply, your bank account will be frozen, your kids taken away from you, all sorts of nasty not nice things said about you in public, and you will be given a choice, surrender them all, or become a nobody, removed from the system for good! Everything will be tied to your bank accounts and income! With the huge push to a cashless society, everything accessable 24/7 though your RFID chiped cards, you can be shut down and or hacked instantly, that's the threat they will use against you! They don't have to motor around sniffing for guns, you get a nasty gram in the mail and given 72 hours to comply before they ratchet up the nastyness! You will load everything up and deliver it to the drop off point, your picture taken, and your signature giving up everything they demand!

Doubt me, say it's all Tin Foil Conspiracy, but a year or two or five from now, let's revisit this conversation and see how many of us are still here, and still armed!

Or, you can say, will not comply, come and take them, then what? Are you completely off the grid yet, stock piled hight and deep enough to survive, what if they finally decide to come and force your compliance now that everyone else has complied? You say it won't ever happen, that this is America and all that, and that we won't take it lying down, really???? What makes you so sure of that? We are too fragmented and weak to stand shoulder to shoulder united against a single front, let alone several that will be used, we cannot even agree what day of the week it is, yet somehow we will rise up? Sorry buddy, this ain't 1942, and we will never be that united again!
We can look to CA, NY, etc to see how it will play out. It will be a slow bleed strategy with FFLs being first to comply or risk the wrath of the ATF. Rural folks will be the last to feel the squeeze.

What the house members said was bad enough but what the witnesses said HAD to have been scripted and rehearsed.

This was one of the best:
"My son Zaire has a hole in the right side of his neck, two on his back and another on his left leg, caused by an exploding bullet from an AR-15.
I blame CNN for this exploding bullet BS.

that's easy
I support my own arbitrary beliefs as it applies to our social structure
do I believe you should be able to own a belt fed MG34 - no
do I believe you should be able to own an full auto M16 or AK47 - no
do I believe you should be able to own semi auto versions of the M16 and AK 47 - of course - and I do

are you suggesting that if I don't support anyone or everyone owning a belt fed MG34, then I don't believe in the 2nd amendment???
how about a Javelin anti tank weapon?
how about East German Frag grenades'?
thermal nuclear devises?
even just basic black powder pipe bombs?

WOW
I would suggest you don't believe the 2nd Amendent is absolute which is how Biden feels.

Have you not been paying attention? They are arresting political enemies and silencing exposure of their lies as "disinformation". It has become clear that massive election fraud is in fact real. They just locked the country down for two years over a flu with a 99.97% survival rate. That literally is tyranny.
Some people have their heads buried so deep in their sandhole, they won't believe it's happening. But plain as day you are right about arresting political enemies.

You won't have to wait years new restrictions are due out this year. Pistol brace rules and new frame/receiver definitions. It's probably tin foil make believe stuff though just like the bumpstock ban myth. Nothing to see here, move along.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top