JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't mind a bill of sale, but I agree with the OP - state it in the ad if you want one. When I have sold something I do leave it to the buyer if they want a BOS.

As for selling, I think of selling a firearm like paying taxes. I only care about following the law and what is legally required, nothing less, nothing more.

I don't mind a bill of sale, but I agree with the OP - state it in the ad if you want one. When I have sold something I do leave it to the buyer if they want a BOS.

As for selling, I think of selling a firearm like paying taxes. I only care about following the law and what is legally required, nothing less, nothing more.

Yes, it should be part of the ad if you require a BOS.

I'm also not an advocate of unneeded paperwork.

I agree with the last minute thing and the address. BUT a B.O.S. protects not only the seller but the buyer as well. Think about that when the po po consficates your crap for being stolen and your accused of it... my .02

I agree with the last minute thing and the address. BUT a B.O.S. protects not only the seller but the buyer as well. Think about that when the po po consficates your crap for being stolen and your accused of it... my .02

+1

I also call in every serial # on whatever gun I am purchasing to find out if it is stolen:
Oregon FICS # (800)432-5059

Those that are not have nothing to hide, I will only do business with.
I've always loved statements like this.
"If you have nothing to hide, stop and frisk is fine."
"If you have nothing to hide, why wouldn't you talk to the police?"
"If you have nothing to hide, of course you'll register your guns."

Just follow the law, anything more introduces liability to you. I promise this, someone takes down my info, and if it gets out, I'm coming down like a ton of bricks in civil court. Data is valuable, and I'm not going to trust some dude with an $80 safe and an Infowars hat to know how to properly protect my information. (Apologies to people with $800 safes, and Infowars jackets.)

Does that happen to you often?

you should off to do one of these and end any confusion

http://www.dol.wa.gov/forms/652004.pdf

Did you read this bolded line on it:
Upon filing, this document becomes a public record and is subject to public disclosure provisions under RCW 42.56

So that means it can be pulled by anyone with a FOIA request.

Yeah don't think I would have done it. You can have my name and number. I'll let you see my ID and CHL. But I don't want my address floating around on a BOS of weapons.

I don't ask for a bill of sale. I check ID, and look at CHL. Usually require it.
I also list all the info I can get. Screen name, phone number, license plate.

The police can do the rest if they come knocking.

Yesterday I picked up a gun FTF, the guy never mentioned needing papers or CPL. At the last second in person he asked for a bill of sale. I gave him my ID and said my name and drivers liscence # was fine. He wrote down my whole address anyway. This makes me wary. He has a CPL too so I'm not worried about him per-say... but 2 years from now and he's an addict looking for cash and finds my address in a stack of papers? or his cousin moe the tweeker finds it? Or just falls into the wrong hands. Not the first time this has happened and it makes me worry.

It just makes me irritated when people leave the paper work part til the last second. If you want a bill of sale SAY IT IN THE AD.

i would have told the guy to gfy right after showing him my credentials. if i want to do paperwork i'll buy from a dealer.

you dont have anything i want bad enough to let you wright down my address. also, your own personal caveats about requiring a cpl for a ftf shotgun or rifle deal really make me laugh. who the fugg are you? someone impressed with your cpl?

your also to stoopid to understand the law and what your liability is. please consult an attorney who understands these laws and then have a free stfu.

Yeah, I had the same happen to me.

I just went throughcwith it cause I wanted the gun and it was a good price.

I have no problem signing a bos, but it really makes a difference when you are told up front before meeting, not in the middle of a deal.

It just seems all used car salesmanish the 2nd way.

I won't sell a gun without a bill of sale, and I have never mentioned it prior to meeting. I feel it should be a standard. But hey I think all gun deals including FTF should involve a background check also! I know I'm in the minority with that one.

People have different levels of what they feel safe with, to each their own, If they want a BOS a for sale of plus a description serial number and signatures of both parties, to go home with with each party is good for me.

To be honest, I profile the people I trade with; if they seem like good guys, I ask them if they want a BOS, if they lean towards the shady side, I require a BOS but leave the last two digits of my house number and ODL blank. If they really wanted to contact me, they have my phone number; no reason to come knocking on my door.

I find that the newer buyers and sellers are way too into the BOS idea.
With whats going on in the world today, there is absolutely no wayI'd allow my address to be put to paper. If he wants my DL# and name.. Sure. At least if he becomes a meth head he'll have to do a little bit of work to rob me.

One thing that gets me is those fellas who demand you also provide your CHL. A lot of us OCers don't like the idea of a chl and either didn't pay that permission to arm yourself extortion fee OR we just don't like the idea of having to ask permission to protect ourselves. Again,its mostly the new guys i see wanting all that.. And a few of the paranoid ones as well.

I as of late have.been avoiding the new kids on the scene, they just get.annoying after a while.

Why are you guys so hep on BOS...it BS...you do not need a CPL/CHL to FTF transfer a firearm (Full auto you have to go through the NFA garbage, but still do not need a CPL/CHL)

What is the problem here? Why do I keep hearing this stuff? I have been around awhile (I'm over 65) and I have observed that those who are trust worthy, trust other people, and those that are not trust worthy, will not trust another person.

I do not care what you look like, or what colour your skin is, if you answer two simple questions, I would sell you a weapon (if I would sell any of my babies, I'm a collector,,and collectors only purchase, but never sell) Are you are prohibited person? do you reside in WA state? Two yes answers, we'll deal..end of discussion.

If someone does not trust me enough to take my word if I am the purchaser..I will not deal...no matter how good the deal is. If I want to give out my personal information, I will go through my FFL...thank you

Why are you guys so hep on BOS...it BS...you do not need a CPL/CHL to FTF transfer a firearm (Full auto you have to go through the NFA garbage, but still do not need a CPL/CHL)

What is the problem here? Why do I keep hearing this stuff? I have been around awhile (I'm over 65) and I have observed that those who are trust worthy, trust other people, and those that are not trust worthy, will not trust another person.

I do not care what you look like, or what colour your skin is, if you answer two simple questions, I would sell you a weapon (if I would sell any of my babies, I'm a collector,,and collectors only purchase, but never sell) Are you are prohibited person? do you reside in WA state? Two yes answers, we'll deal..end of discussion.

If someone does not trust me enough to take my word if I am the purchaser..I will not deal...no matter how good the deal is. If I want to give out my personal information, I will go through my FFL...thank you

Exactly.

+1

I also call in every serial # on whatever gun I am purchasing to find out if it is stolen:
Oregon FICS # (800)432-5059
I bet the gub'mint will looooove you. All your records kept nice and neat. All with the info of the buyer right on there so it makes their job easier once they start registration and confiscation. You'll lead them right to us brother. In most cases this would be a bad thing, in my case.. for them.. It will be.

I understand most of you pro papers guys like the idear ofpersonally registering private buyers to your sold products (firearms/ammo) but have any of you bureaucrats given thought to the tin foil hat "what ifs"?.. Like I mentioned to mattdomes.. you've just made the big brother agents job twice as easy to track everyone down. Heck, it'd take one plant in a forum like this to go after the highest trade rated guys to track most ofus down.

Now this is a crazy thought.. But if I a lowly peon has considered this.. You know one of the BHO regime leaders has. However, I hope to god they are as dumb as they come off to be and have not.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top