JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My point is thats a conspicuously close margin. Especially considering how many didn't vote. I have a hard time just taking posted voting numbers at face value. Especially when the info comes from people who have made lying a science.

View: https://youtu.be/iaQA3PYYLCE?si=Bp47v_cuuz3tuQBI
I agree. Voting integrity in this country has become a sham. The only way to win now is to have a landslide victory margin that is way beyond the margin of cheating.

The real problem is there are so many issues that are critical now that it is easy to get "issue fatigue." There are just too many things that need to happen; gun rights, voter integrity, personal data security, right to repair, border security, economic stability and freedom, trade issues. . . and that is not to mention all the cultural issues we face that run deeper than just politics and policy. All of these things present an existential threat to our freedoms, all of them should be priority #1, but people only have so much time and so much brain-space to think about, process and identify solutions. Finding politicians that are good in a majority of these issues, let alone all of them, is damn near impossible. And that is not even really a dig at politicians, as they have limited capacity for understanding everything too. You can understand the problems pretty easily, but identifying solutions that will work within the existing legal framework, without causing a whole bunch of really bad unintended consequences, basically requires you to become a subject matter expert on everything. That is a tall order to ask of even a 100% honest and uncorruptible man, let alone the average scum who runs for politics.

All that is to say this is a long road to hoe, we have barely even begun to get started.

Please elaborate further ☝

To clarify, I do vote and I don't personally know anyone who doesn't. Doesn't mean I think it does anything.
Several years ago voters here passed a new law. It made things like the Ruger 10/22 an "Assault Weapon". One of the great shops here put up their own money and time to get a petition drive to put it back on the next ballot and give those screaming a do over. The same people blaming King co, the "we are outnumbered" crowd could not be bothered to pick up a pen and sign the damn thing. This again proves the problem is not cheating, not we are outnumbered. The problem is a LOT of us will not lift a finger. :(

Several years ago voters here passed a new law. It made things like the Ruger 10/22 an "Assault Weapon". One of the great shops here put up their own money and time to get a petition drive to put it back on the next ballot and give those screaming a do over. The same people blaming King co, the "we are outnumbered" crowd could not be bothered to pick up a pen and sign the damn thing. This again proves the problem is not cheating, not we are outnumbered. The problem is a LOT of us will not lift a finger. :(
Considering who we have running our state I don't believe for one second that voters "actually" passed I1639. I also don't believe that voters "actually" re-elected Dimslee. The problem is absolutely cheating on a level I think few see or are even comfortable seeing. If a supposed 2A supporter won't lift a finger then they are not a 2A supporter in my opinion and are in the same category as the anti-2A.

That again is voting. Several times we have managed to get something passed, law makers and judges just undid it. So many voters would then give up. The give up part has yet to win us anything.
The hard slap in the face with that one was the mechanism used. WA state Supreme Court found it unconstitutional, which is the legislatures favorite kind of law to pass.

Anyone in this state with half a brain should be posted up at Tivoli fountain with a pitchfork and/or torch.

I believe voter fraud exists but the idea that the 2A is absolute and shall not be infringed is a dying belief. I see it here, I see it at the shop, I see it with my family, coworkers and friends.

People are willing to give up freedom for perceived safety. Some are willing to give up more freedom than others. It's my belief that a vast majority of voters do not believe the 2A is absolute.

At this stage in the game that is unlikely to change for the better. Today's populace is soft and growing softer with each generation.

Enjoy your freedoms while you can.

I believe voter fraud exists but the idea that the 2A is absolute and shall not be infringed is a dying belief. I see it here, I see it at the shop, I see it with my family, coworkers and friends.

People are willing to give up freedom for perceived safety. Some are willing to give up more freedom than others. It's my belief that a vast majority of voters do not believe the 2A is absolute.

At this stage in the game that is unlikely to change for the better. Today's populace is soft and growing softer with each generation.

Enjoy your freedoms while you can.
The idea that anything constitutional is absolute is a dying belief. Heck, even the idea that biology is absolute is a dying belief.

This giving up of freedoms on all levels for this perceived safety and/or comfort is absolutely mind blowing to me. The ignorance is indescribable.

Unfortunately, I would go so far as to say we haven't been free for many generations.

Considering who we have running our state I don't believe for one second that voters "actually" passed I1639. I also don't believe that voters "actually" re-elected Dimslee. The problem is absolutely cheating on a level I think few see or are even comfortable seeing. If a supposed 2A supporter won't lift a finger then they are not a 2A supporter in my opinion and are in the same category as the anti-2A.
Again there is cheating, always has been. Did they cheat by making gun owners not sign? Or did they just shred the forms sent in? A LOT of people who own guns openly vote for those hosing them. This is another thing many want to ignore. Election is coming. You will soon start to see gun owners go to the net to proudly say they are supporting those who hose them. It becomes a mental disorder. :s0092:

The idea that voting doesnt matter forgets how we got a badly needed conservative Supreme Court, which gave us huge grounds on gun rights.

The supreme beings saw a huge lapse of people paying attention with the boomer generation.
Wait, just noticed this - you're saying the boomer generation is responsible for the behavior of our elected officials and the voting patterns?

The boomer generation actually votes. And tends to vote more conservatively. It's the Millenials and Gen Zers who brought us "The Squad" and the progressive movement. Gen Z votes predominately Democrat, as do Millenials, who continue to up the voting rate while collectively being some of the least informed voters out there. As a boomer, I can say emphatically we were not asleep at the switch. Get out and go to your district's school board, county commission and city council meetings -- what age group comprises most of the attendance? The problem has been, and continues to be, in the general elections. And our grass-roots effort are ignored by the politicians that get elected. Remember the state Senate hearings for the AWB? Overwhelmingly, the RKBA community testified -- written and orally -- against the legislation, factually, logically and calmly -- yet the emotional arguments of the anti-gunners that got their travel paid to come to Washington swayed the morons in the statehouse.

And yes, the first election battle in 2004 between Christine Gregoire and Dino Rossi for this state's governorship became the first clue that the voting system in the state is wholly corrupted. With between 1000 and 3000 dead people or convicted felons (not having had voting rights restored) submitting ballots that were counted... for Gregoire, she won by 133 votes. Oh, the next year year ID became required to vote in person, go figure -- and then every county went to mail-in ballots anyway.

Wait, just noticed this - you're saying the boomer generation is responsible for the behavior of our elected officials and the voting patterns?
Every generation has an amount of responsibility they need to account for. I'm saying the political elite overreach really started ramping up during that era.

In the early 70s when most boomers were roughly in their mid 30s only about 50% of registered voters actually voted. By that point most of them were highly distracted by life. Life after the war, life in marriage, life raising children, life with a mortgage, trying to build a career, etc, etc... Generally speaking, boomers didn't ramp up on their voting until they were in their late 40s or so. Basically once they had time to breath and think about more than just their little corner.

Even if the majority of those voted conservative that doesn't mean much to me. Conservative or liberal... two sides of the same coin when your talking about the actual political representatives.

First and foremost, I'm not trying to start a pissing contest or wind up a conspiracy theory rant. So let that be noted.
I also said this ☝.

Every generation since has been more and more wrapped up in their own tiny corner of the world. We continue to allow the degradation of what this country was built on by ignorantly thinking we can "overcome" by voting and being good little boys and girls.
And this ☝.

This is way off topic at this point from the OP, but whatever, I'll keep going.

Generally speaking the Boomer Generation saw a huge shift in family dynamics, lessons, tools, values, etc... too. Dad and mom generally both worked and as such were less involved unless there was a "problem" with the kids. Gen X'ers were largely left on their own and raised peer to peer and had far more outside the home influence. Early Millennials were in the same boat and also many were raised by older Gen X siblings. Point being, there was a lot lost from the Silent Generation to the Gen X'ers and it snowballed from there. This isn't to say its the Boomer Generations "fault" necessarily... just saying things definitely started to decline from that point.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top