JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
. Actually one of the guys I work with brought up the question as to whether my cpl would show up if they ran my id. I was pretty sure it wouldn't,but he thought it would. .

If a LEO specifically requests the information, he can access that you have APPLIED for a CPL, and when you applied. With that information he can deduce whether you have probably have a valid CPL, or not. RCW 9.41.070(4)

Forgive me for sounding like a hole, but WTF? I believe any man would have to forget his wallet to forget to have something as important as his drivers license or CHL.

So, are you just asking hypothetically, or were you that... uhh (forgive me cuz I'm trying to be nice) absentminded that you forgot your wallet?

Either way, yes, they know you have a permit, but the law states that you are supposed to have that permit while carrying...

I'll stop now, cuz I'm about to be un-PC... Oy, Vey!

Oh, yeah. I'm talking about Oregon.

Forgive me for sounding like a hole, but WTF? I believe any man would have to forget his wallet to forget to have something as important as his drivers license or CHL.

So, are you just asking hypothetically, or were you that... uhh (forgive me cuz I'm trying to be nice) absentminded that you forgot your wallet?

Either way, yes, they know you have a permit, but the law states that you are supposed to
have that permit while carrying...

Yes Mr. Perfect, I left my wallet at home. Seeing as you've never made any kind of mistake I endevour to live my life under your example of perfection. Please forgive me for not being as perfect as you. Just one more thing,a perfect man would have clearly understood that I infact stated that i did not have my permit on me. Just sayin.

Yes Mr. Perfect, I left my wallet at home. Seeing as you've never made any kind of mistake I endevour to live my life under your example of perfection. Please forgive me for not being as perfect as you. Just one more thing,a perfect man would have clearly understood that I infact stated that i did not have my permit on me. Just sayin.

At least you didn't forget yer gun.:cool:

Either way, yes, they know you have a permit, but the law states that you are supposed to have that permit while carrying...

The only reason I don't forget my wallet every time we go to town is I store it in the truck. Only place I need it anyway.

And, Oh yes, you only need you CHL/CPL is you are hiding your weapon. OC, then you don't need a nanny permit, or a wallet.

I have left home CC and without my wallet because I had just changed my clothes and was going to take the dog for a walk. Just need my keys for that right? Fortunately I was just one house away when it dawned on me that I wasn't carrying my civil rights license (CPL). Switching to OC would have just made matters worse because I live in a nanny city.

Forgetting or losing your wallet is bound to happen. I think it is best to remain calm, obey all traffic laws, and get back into compliance with the law as soon as you can. In Oregon I have no obligation to inform an officer that I am carrying.

Just about any contact you have with police is going to require you to present ID. The dispatchers will sometimes run any IDs given to them .....

If a dispatcher get a OLN or name and date of birth they will run it, a dispatcher will always run any idea given to them.. Its CYA for the dispatcher so they don't miss a warrant. Even if they have a name and rough date of birth they will most likely run it to see of they can find d the person.

Ahhhhh..... There's just nothing like having ALL your info (credit ratings, etc.) in a database, eh folks?

BTW- having scans of your various cards, licenses, etc is a great idea but may I suggest you keep those on a jump/thumb drive and NOT directly on your hard drive...

You'd be amazed at what hackers can see, even through a NAT enabled hardware firewall on your router. My cable company tech support can see every flippin' devices' MAC address and "network name" for that device through my NAT enabled firewall, and if they can see that who knows what else a bored support tech with skills can dig up... Just sayin'! :s0131:

The only reason I don't forget my wallet every time we go to town is I store it in the truck. Only place I need it anyway.

And, Oh yes, you only need you CHL/CPL is you are hiding your weapon. OC, then you don't need a nanny permit, or a wallet.

Boy, that must be nice! I wish I had that set of circumstances to live by. Lucky you!
But, In some Oregon Cities, Portland for one, you can't open carry a loaded gun unless you have a CHL.

I like what Steve M called it, Civil Rights License. Kinda points to the fact that our rights are going away...
A long time ago when I first got my CHL, I thought it was really cool that I was "allowed" to carry. Now I begrudgingly renew it just cuz it's the "right" thing to do.

Boy, that must be nice! I wish I had that set of circumstances to live by. Lucky you!
But, In some Oregon Cities, Portland for one, you can't open carry a loaded gun unless you have a CHL.

I like what Steve M called it, Civil Rights License. Kinda points to the fact that our rights are going away...
A long time ago when I first got my CHL, I thought it was really cool that I was "allowed" to carry. Now I begrudgingly renew it just cuz it's the "right" thing to do.

I do understand that Portland et al have their own set of rules. OP was from WA...no nanny city problems here. There is no local option...even for city council meetings. (that is: there is no equivalent to ORS 166.173, or .360 in WA law...Thank God)

I took my watch off, put my wallet in the truck, and forgot where I put the calendar 10 years ago..I retired to the Highlands for good...:)

I took my watch off, put my wallet in the truck, and forgot where I put the calendar 10 years ago..I retired to the Highlands for good...:)
I want to move back so bad....my youngest son is thinking of moving up there with my brother in Okanogan. I am > < this close to pulling the switch and making the move myself...

Omak High School, Class of '74

I left the house(seattle)yesterday and forgot my permit. Should I have been involved with the police what would the consequences have been?Can they run my name and find out if I have a permit?

You are required to have it on your person. Basically it's going to depend on the kind of contact with LE that you have and the jurisdiction. If the cops are angry with you, you're going to get cited. If it's a nice polite encounter, probably not. Then again, some localities have a hard-on for guns, so your mileage may vary.

If a LEO specifically requests the information, he can access that you have APPLIED for a CPL, and when you applied. With that information he can deduce whether you have probably have a valid CPL, or not. RCW 9.41.070(4)

If you're requested to show a permit in WA, you MUST present it. (as the cite you made states). But I've actually had a couple of interactions with the cops where I told them I was carrying and had a permit and they never asked to see it, just said "thanks for letting me know, have a nice day."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top