JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
...The action was reportedly prompted by remarks Kohfield made in public during a demonstration outside the home of Portland, Ore., Mayor Ted Wheeler in August...

Now we know what it takes for Wheeler to act - it's when it happens outside his house. Why is this not a surprise?

Now we know what it takes for Wheeler to act - it's when it happens outside his house. Why is this not a surprise?

True dat!

Except another article say it was his letter to Dan Crenshaw that triggered the investigation and subsequent action. I also read that his obligatory 5 day hold happened just before the antifa demos of Aug 17 as part of the roundup to prevent violence... gee I didn't read about any "crazy" Antifa members being rounded up!!!

BTW, thanx for the thread merge... I looked before starting a thread and the title of this one wasn't obvious. Maybe could have searched... Oh well. Thx for the save!!

FWIW: The FBI does NOT enforce State Laws!
Well, there has been so much agency creep over recent years, I ask the question, don't they? In many of these shooting events the FBI is prominently posted up in the background of the TV press reports.

Regardless, and as I have said many times, if you have done something bad enough to lose your gun rights, you probably aren't safe to walk the streets. We need to be funding state mental hospitals. We need to start funding state agencies to remove mentally unstable people from the streets for a time, like we had in LA throughout the 70-80s and not make every problem a law enforcement issue. It cost more up front but cheaper in the long run. As long as there is due process involved.

Call a semi auto rifle an assault weapon. Call someone with a different point of view, the far right or an extremist. That is wrong on all counts, but there it is.

Government has limited power and authority so it changes the name to something it can control and subjects the citizens to comply. I have not seen anywhere leftest groups being arrested based on threats alone.

From what I read, the guy said, if he was attacked. Not that he was initiating an attack. Like saying, if you don't turn in your guns...
Precisely--an old Left trick, one of their oldest actually: "When you define the terms you define the debate."

Wow. Guess they enjoy factoring losses into the equation.
That's what Insurance and things like Overhead Expenses are for, they already bake in a certain percentage for "Inventory Shrinkage" between theft/spoilage/damage in shipping/etc.

From the article:

"If antifa gets to the point where they start killing us, I'm going to kill them next," Kohfield, 32, said. "I'd slaughter them and I have a detailed plan on how I would wipe out antifa."

Dangerous.....I could imagine a scenario where someone might say......

"If harm comes to me or my group (family or friends), then I will cause harm back to them."

So, depending on who you like or dislike....... And note the use of the word "IF". Well, someone might be locked up and lose their rights. Never mind, that to some, it was/might be considered to be a conditional statement (considering the entirety of the circumstances) of a "reasonable warning" (message being verbalized) not to cause any harm.

But, there it is.......a jury will not be able to decide prior to your loss of rights.

Aloha, Mark

PS....
"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

Ooooo...…...:eek:

Let's improve upon that and make it "eyes for an eye, teeth for a tooth"..... know what I'm sayin'? o_O;)

One is prohibited from possessing firearms if they have been committed involuntarily or deemed mentally incompetent. This guy was committed and qualified to be deemed incompetent. The mechanisms are already in place to deal with these guys. ERPOs are for when the state is too lazy for due process.
I didn't see a mention of a court commitment.

Hmmm....

Likely did this guy a favor before he potentially did something that he might regret for the rest of life. Sometimes, people need to simply chill out. This guy seemed like he was getting wound tighter and tighter.

Yeah, ANTIFA is a bunch of spoiled little anarcho brats, but so are the douchey Proud Boys. Both groups are wannabe soccer houligan types, looking to dress up in their LARP gear, and do mutual combat in the streets.

Bubblegum the lot of them. A waste of police/municipal resources dealing with their bubblegum.

A word of advice. It's often best to keep comments like this under wraps, and definitely not penned in a letter to a member of congress.

"Congress needs to take immediate steps to declare antifa a terrorist organization. Otherwise, he and other veterans would have no choice but to begin systematically killing antifa members "until we have achieved genocide."

Yeah. The FBI is gonna put you on list.

From the article:

"If antifa gets to the point where they start killing us, I'm going to kill them next," Kohfield, 32, said. "I'd slaughter them and I have a detailed plan on how I would wipe out antifa."

At least he has "a plan" for dealing with Antifa. That is more than can be said for Mayor Wheeler.

The moment he was involuntarily committed for mental instability, his ship was sunk, that's a firearms losing experience. Hence why its so important to check yourself in before getting to the point the state makes you go.

He broke the first rule about fight club, you don't talk about it.

Plenty of people think about things that are better left unvoiced and never have a problem.

Someone tells me they have a detailed plan to murder other people and I'm going to raise my eyebrow too, even if we happen to share the same passion of firearms.

I didn't see a mention of a court commitment.

Now you're catching on. There are some folks here quick to point a finger. You that are siding against him should think hard about "shall not be infringed.", which while not stated in each of the BOR amendments but it is clearly intended and implied as truth. This guy should have a right to free expression, a right to assemble, a right to petition for redress, a right to be secure in his possessions, rights to be secure from search and siezure. Doesn't matter how batshoot crazy you think he is. He has no history of violence. He cannot be compelled to incriminate himself. There was no mention of a manifesto or notes about mass murder. Since when is being angry a crime? The FBI seems to have sidestepped culpability by letting Oregon's ERPO take over.

Sent for observation, voluntarily committed, voluntarily surrendered his firearms. He was not accused nor charged with any crime. The investigation was NON CRIMINAL in nature.

That is what tyranny looks like, everyone. We only THINK we have rights. Those have been long gone, since at least the 1920's. Oh, sure...the flames of liberty are allowed to sputter now and again, but it is by design to let the oppressed believe the lie.

For such a small word... "IF" can have huge implications when how it is read , overlooked or taken out of context.
Be careful in what , where and how , you say things or post out there ....Almost anything can be made into a threatening or dangerous comment.
Andy

For such a small word... "IF" can have huge implications when how it is read , overlooked or taken out of context.
Be careful in what , where and how , you say things or post out there ....Almost anything can be made into a threatening or dangerous comment.
Andy

Look at how complicated it was to determine what "is" is...

538614191_506246.gif

He was in a mental state worthy of a 20 day commitment at the VA hospital mental ward. So he wasn't just some dude standing on the corner voicing his opinion.

Yeah I am sure their was absolutly 0 political reasons for his "commitment" (incarceration)

I beg everyone to not believe everything they see just because it is in the news.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top