JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And then, on the other hand, Wifey had a derelict hanging around her place of work yesterday that had been 86ed from the premises . When she told him he had to leave he said he could get a gun and shoot her in the head. She called 911 and they couldn't be bothered to send an officer. Near THREE hours later they called to apologize they hadn't sent anyone because they had a "Homicide". They never sent anyone.

Amazing! :mad:
I'm sure she had more tact than I would have.

"Yes, you are right, you HAD a homicide, but you COULD have had another had I not defended myself... oh by the way, can we get a sidewalk crew to come clean this body from the sidewalk?"

So what you are saying is we should start looking around on Facebook for antifa members that pose pictures with guns threatening to off "nazis".

This can be fun.

I'm sure she had more tact than I would have.

"Yes, you are right, you HAD a homicide, but you COULD have had another had I not defended myself... oh by the way, can we get a sidewalk crew to come clean this body from the sidewalk?"

At her place of business you could/would have been fired for something as simple as confronting a shop lifter. That counts even saying anything to them as they walk out the door with a $100.00 +/- worth or product.

At her place of business you could/would have been fired for something as simple as confronting a shop lifter. That counts even saying anything to them as they walk out the door with a $100.00 +/- worth or product.
Wow. Guess they enjoy factoring losses into the equation.

Wow. Guess they enjoy factoring losses into the equation.

Yeah, imagine the savings to be had on groceries if they started tackling the shop liters and SOLD that product rather than watch it walk out the door and just raise prices to compensate.

Who here get's their food and sundries at grocery stores? That's all of us paying for big businesses to be PC. :mad:

Most retail is like that now.

My time at Sportsmans Warehouse, we were instructed to simply let them walk out the door. I'm

Most retail is like that now.

My time at Sportsmans Warehouse, we were instructed to simply let them walk out the door. I'm

I sure like that we have different emoji's to show different emotions now, instead of just "like".

I'm really surprised there is not discussion of this here this morning... Did I miss a thread somewhere?

Remarks against Antifa prompt FBI seizure of former Marine's weapons under Oregon's 'red flag' law: reports

Remarks against Antifa prompt FBI seizure of former Marine's weapons under Oregon's 'red flag' law

A former Marine who said at a protest that he would "slaughter" Antifa members in self-defense, if attacked, recently had his five weapons confiscated by the FBI, according to reports.

The former Marine, Shane Kohfield, 32, was not charged with any crime, but surrendered five guns, including an AR-15 rifle, according to Phil Lemman, Oregon's acting deputy state court administrator, the Washington Examiner reported.

The action was reportedly prompted by remarks Kohfield made in public during a demonstration outside the home of Portland, Ore., Mayor Ted Wheeler in August, the Oregonian/OregonLive reported.

"If Antifa gets to the point where they start killing us, I'm going to kill them next," Kohfield told a crowd, according to the Oregonian. "I'd slaughter them, and I have a detailed plan on how I would wipe out Antifa."

Based on the court order, Kohfield – who served two tours of duty in Iraq -- was committed to a veterans hospital for 20 days and was barred from participating in subsequent protests in Portland.

So.....was this too a RED FLAG moment?

"On September 1, 1939 Germany invaded Poland. Great Britain and France had warned Hitler that if he invaded Poland, they would declare war."

I'd say that it was a "conditional statement" meant to illustrate the seriousness of the speaker and/or the assumed national resolve.

But, anyone advocating/calling for WAR is/must be "crazy". Rrrright? Because WAR is so sane.

Aloha, Mark

PS....what if?
Hitler had been RED FLAGGED?
Red-Flags-Everywhere.jpg

Last Edited:
If Wheeler doesn't start doing his job eventually people are going to get killed. You can't let tension to keep building and not expect that violence won't happen. Wheeler has the tools and capabilities to diffuse this nonsense. It's also his sworn duty. When it happens it will be on his head.

Second point, AnteFa*, proudly proclaims violence against Fascists and NAZI's (i.e everybody who isn't AnteFa) in their literature. Why the hesitance on keeping them in line?

*AnteFa IMO is the correct spelling since these guys are pushing Fascism not against it. I use ante which meant before as in antepasta. These guys are the brownshirts that preceed Fascism hence AnteFa

Wow. I guess concrete milkshakes and pepper spraying people in the face is ok though.

Correct. In Bizzaro World actual targeted violence is less concerning than rhetoric. BTW, we somehow got transported to Bizarro World the night Hillary lost the election. If Superan shows up I suggest you hide,

So, he's wearing a bullet proof vest, then in a public place on a blow horn says he's got a plan to kill Antifa, suffers from psychological problems that he's on disability for, gets put put into a Mental hospital for 20 days and has his firearms removed...Got it.

Yup. Further reading indicates that he is Bi-polar and drinking alcohol. I can tell you from experience with a gal my wife befriended that is a big nono!! The condition can deteriorate into delerium (sp) very quickly. There are still aspects of this case that bother me. But it's not really hard to say that this fellow shouldn't have firearms.

One is prohibited from possessing firearms if they have been committed involuntarily or deemed mentally incompetent. This guy was committed and qualified to be deemed incompetent. The mechanisms are already in place to deal with these guys. ERPOs are for when the state is too lazy for due process.

Except he was not deemed medically incompetent in any determination before he was placed on a 5 day involuntary hold after his rant in front of the mayor's house. Yes, he was on meds for Bi-polar. No he was not committed... we need to stop using that word to stigmatize veterans. He then volunteered to stay another 15 days... I still do not see any court determination that he has been deemed incompetent! The only court action being that it is prudent at this point to remove his firearms, which he voluntarily surrendered.

SO, the FBI is involved, enforcing Oregon's Red Flag Law? Why not one of Oregon's Premiere Law Enforcement Agencies?
Something smells a little fishy here! Granted the dude's rant was over the top and highly ignorant and his threat should be taken seriously, BUT, which agency and which law applies here? RED FLAG wouldn't cover Domestic Terrorism, so............................

One article said that he wrote a 5 page letter to Sen. Dan Crenshaw (or is it Rep?) that was pretty alarming. The Capitol Police referred it to the FBI, and the FBI referred it to the local Sheriff's office, which actually made the stop as he was exiting a friend's home. So much for reporting that the FBI needed the help of Oregon's Red Flag Law.

He was in a mental state worthy of a 20 day commitment at the VA hospital mental ward. So he wasn't just some dude standing on the corner voicing his opinion.

Please stop using the word "commitment"!! He was placed on a 5 day hold for observation, then volunteered to stay for 15 more. It's a good intervention because Bi-polar people that start drinking are headed for a big breakdown... glad they got him straightened out. But the reporting on this story sucks!

From what I read, the guy said, if he was attacked. Not that he was initiating an attack. Like saying, if you don't turn in your guns...

That's what I read, but there's much more involved!

I sure like that we have different emoji's to show different emotions now, instead of just "like".

#MeToo but I really want the "Angry" emoji there.

as in antepasta.

"Antepasto" appears to be Portuguese... "Antipasto, antipasta or antipasti" appear to be much more commonly used.

Maybe we could just use "antemortem"???

One big reason I weaned myself from SSRI medication is because of the stigma associated with their use, which is primarily for clinical depression, major depression, etc. But people lump all psych patients into the same "mental case" category. Obama threatened my firearms possession as I am a Veteran having sought counseling. Yet, I've not harmed myself nor others and it's been 15 or 20 years since those consultations. It won't matter if they pass a blanket confiscation of firearms for all mental conditions needing treatment, counseling, or even just needing help with finances like balancing a checkbook. Any path to gun confiscation is what they want.

Point being... that it should be a case by case evaluation. Some people are in a bad way, others are still okay.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top