JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Taken from the article.
"Anything that undermines public confidence in what happens here is very important," Schroeder said. "It's important for this town. It's important for this country to have people have confidence in the result of this trial. Whatever it is — and I don't care what it is — but people have to be confident."

Schroeder made the comments outside the jury's presence after the defense and prosecutors clashed over video of the August 2020 unrest being played for the jury. As the two sides sparred, Assistant District Attorney Thomas Binger referenced Schroeder's pretrial ruling allowing Rittenhouse's team to present evidence suggesting the men Rittenhouse shot participated in looting, rioting or arson that night.
Aloha, Mark

I ask this question about twice a year. I have never gotten a reasonable response.

Bio-Mom is First Nations and Dad was Mexican and I was raised by Pollocks and married an Irish girl.

I am almost certain I am owed reparations, but how much and from whom has never been answered.
Your going to have kids that are belligerant, drink too much and are too stubborn or lazy to change.

This morning's news.
9:20 a.m. A juror has been dismissed after making a joke to a deputy related to the shooting of Jacob Blake in Kenosha last year.

Prosecutor Thomas Binger asked that the man be removed from the jury. Judge Bruce Schroeder brought the juror into the courtroom to hear his side of the story. The juror — a retired white man — declined to repeat the joke.
Taken from.

Aloha, Mark

The exact words of the 'joke':

"He was telling a joke ... he told the officer ... he made a reference about telling a joke about 'Why did it take seven shots to shoot Jacob Blake,' something to that effect."

Certainly you meant that in jest. My daughter is none of those things.
I'm sure he did. I took it that way. He just failed to append the joke with a suitable emoji.

When I make a joke that can be misconstrued by others with whom I am not all that familiar, I always add a suitable emoji (wink, big grin, devil, etc.)

When I'm making a joke at @Flopsweat's or @Ura-Ki's expense, or even at yours ( :eek: ), I don't append "the suitable emoji" since I believe you guys know in your hearts when I'm kidding you. It's all a matter of familiarization for me. If I don't know someone that well, I err on the side of caution and append the emoji.

That's my guideline for posting humor that stings, both here and on other sites, since sarcasm is easily "lost in translation" many times... :)

full.gif

And now I'm trademarked, too! I've finally made it to the Big Time! :s0115:

Last Edited:

When I'm making a joke at @Flopsweat's or @Ura-Ki's expense, or even at yours ( :eek: ), I don't append "the suitable emoji" since I believe you guys know in your hearts when I'm kidding you. It's all a matter of familiarization for me. If I don't know someone that well, I err on the side of caution and append the emoji.
Don't listen to this guy. This is the first I've ever heard of him.

During testimony today Rosenbaum stated "if I catch any of you guys alone tonight I'm going to f-cking kill you"

Now consider that the the person who fired the first shot was Rosenbaum's buddy:

"...The FBI video also corroborates video showing Rosenbaum's friend, Joshua Ziminski, firing the first shot that night. ..."​

IMO Ziminski gave Rosenbaum enough time to get into position before he fired the shot flushing Kyle to the intended ambush. It appears to be a setup to kill Kyle after the initial altercation at the dumpster.

I'm sure he did. I took it that way. He just failed to append the joke with a suitable emoji.

When I make a joke that can be misconstrued by others with whom I am not all that familiar, I always add a suitable emoji (wink, big grin, devil, etc.)

That's my guideline for posting humor that stings, both here and on other sites, since sarcasm is easily "lost in translation" many times... :)

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top