JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How many knives do you got?

• Total voters
Reactions
Packing up the house, I'm a weirdo and I place knives in convenient places. Therefore there might be one or two in just about every drawer. I've been rounding them all up and putting them in boxes. Next house will be more kid friendly and most of these will likely get put into a lockbox or a safe that I'll likely add to the next place.

Anyways, I've got at least 50-70 knives. Wow, I didn't realize I've collected so many. Knives from when I was just a kid. Yes my very first and second pocket knives. To the many I've gotten in my adolescences to adulthood. Many of the latest being Ganzos or Kershaws. Boat load of Cases I collected in my teens. I should really add these to the rotation. Some have beautiful aging. I've noticed I have a strong collection of fixed blades. I liked messing around with them when backpacking. Found a couple of Esees I forgot I had. They got used a lot back when I hiked more.

So are you sick like me?

Where do you poll?

Guessed 10 or less. Have handful I use all the time. One is just for work, stays in my uniform. Another that is always in my jeans so when I put them on it's there. Couple old Benchmade that are so light they can be kept in a shirt pocket. Use them for wearing shorts around the house. If I was to go through the drawers and tool boxes I may end up with more than the 10 I guessed it. Since I have over the years retired some that I am sure I have forgotten about.

I have an Infidel, a Nimravus and a few box knives. That's it.
Box cutters. I did 15+ years in delivery and or warehousing. Man I've got a few box cutters! Most are in the garage in one of the tool drawers. My favorite that gets used the most was this guy. I think I already boxed him up so internet picture. Push the button flick your wrist and good to go.

utility-knives-lowres-0082.jpg

I didnt include those in my count! Nor my kitchen knives. We like to cook so we have a crap load of good high end kitchen knives. Lol!

Got an every day pocket knife, 4 kbars, and 4-5 oddballs i have no clue where i got them.
I used to have a bayonet for every rifle. 1903, m1, m1 carbine, ak, g3, bm59, m14, mosin.

I need to get a bayonet for my ar's problem is im not aware of any sized for a 308 muzzle device. Once i get my lmt built up ill get the barrel modified with a lug and probably snatch up an okc3s
Other then that im not a knife guy

Other then that im not a knife guy
I think that's my inspiration for this thread. I didn't think I was a knife guy. Maybe I am. Or just like them enough to buy one here and there. Lots of the Case or Old Timers were from antique shops or such. I bought those when we would go to those stores as a teen. I have a very early Gerber marked Portland Oregon. I was so proud to find when I was like 12 or fourteen. Still looks great. At that time I had no clue I'd end up living here!
1566615831364.jpeg

I think that's my inspiration for this thread. I didn't think I was a knife guy. Maybe I am. Or just like them enough to buy one here and there. Lots of the Case or Old Timers were from antique shops or such. I bought those when we would go to those stores as a teen. I have a very early Gerber marked Portland Oregon. I was so proud to find when I was like 12 or fourteen. Still looks great.
Gerber designs a good knife ill give em that. The ar4.0 i believe its called. My father had it for years gave it to me my sophmore year. Ive carried it nearly every day since. Screwdriver, attire correction, tree cutter, food cutter/spoon, can opener, nail cleaner, box cutter, package opener, firearm assembly and disassembly tool, and for a few times a convincing threat deterent. 3391169D-819D-4B1E-A196-CD3486A1C976.jpeg 31AE4229-1EC2-4E7C-9C03-165F849C2125.jpeg

Lol. Now I'm online looking at knives. Saw the Spiderco Roc Cleaver the other day. Might have to see if it ends up in my pocket.

I got a bunch...some old as in 1880's and the early 1900's...they still get used...
I got a few favorites...like my Blackjack model 5...
Some new ....I just got a Buck Ranger , to replace my old one a couple of years ago....
So yeah...I have a few knives.

Just remember that "Enough" is always one more that you already have....:D
Andy

I know I'm a knife guy, I blame my wife for enabling me.

One Christmas the kids actually said, "This Christmas sponsored by Kershaw"

I'm just glad that Kershaw is the only company that holds a yearly warehouse sale. I would probably be homeless if Gerber and Benchmade followed suit.

I'm just glad that Kershaw is the only company that holds a yearly warehouse sale. I would probably be homeless if Gerber and Benchmade followed suit.
So... I take it you don't make it over here for the Buck knife company sales? :s0153:

Kershaw eh? They make a men's line yet?

;):D

I mean, do kitchen/eating knives count? Cause I have a good number of those. Not so much otherwise. Probably buy a knife a year

A couple of Gerber BMF's (plus a factory blank)
BuckMaster 184
Probably half a dozen Camillus pilot survival knives (plus a factory blank)
Various CRKT products
Several County Comm EOD breacher bars (they're basic and crude but honestly my favorites)
At least a dozen Junglee folders and straight edged knives
A good quantity of survival hatchets
Plus a BUNCH of little specialty multi tools that caught my eye somewhere along the way

I should probably upgrade my survey vote.

I like knives, probably too much. I've got as much into knives as I do in guns. I couldn't even list them all without some effort. I still have my original Camillus Boy Scout knife I got when I was 8, 48 years ago.

Right now my favs are Hinderer skinny's, I have 4 Hinderers. I've got knives from ZT, Spyderco, Benchmade (before they went stupid), Cold Steel, Chris Reeves, Buck, Gerber, Kershaw, Ganzo, Bestech, Reate, We, Hogue, K-Bar, Todd Beggs, Eric Ochs, Gavko, Ray Laconico, Three Rivers Mfg, some 1 off's, some old slip joints, some old fixed blades plus a bunch of others. I'm sure I don't even know all the knives I have at any given time. Not done yet much to the chagrin of my wife who happens to have some nice ones herself.

My friends and family are carrying decent knives these days as they're benefiting from the overflow and gifts.

Kind of what I'm into right now.

Blade West is going to be in Portland the 1st part of Nov. Going to be some seriously awesome stuff there. Christmas is coming early :)

I have a lot. Been collecting auto knives and butterfly knives for 30 years. As I am getting older and don't want my wife to sell them for what I told her I paid for them, :eek:, after I am gone, I have started selling them off. Probably sold 30 over the last few months. Many more to go.
Wife never liked me buying so many knives, but she was very happy after I sold some and made a large down payment on a new car for her.

MANY Moons back I began purchasing the Gerber Kitchen Knives and we use them every day. I purchased their Carving Set for my Folks and a second set for my In-Laws. They are going to last a Lifetime or TWO.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top