JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ehunter, you must come to admit that you are out of your league here.

You are sadly inexperienced when compared to men who know that in some scenario of elk hunting they should be "prepared for 800 yard shots", and that some blessing of a holy man or wizard has bestowed upon .30 caliber 180 grain bullets the lofty title of an "Elk Bullet". The measly 140 grain or 150 grain .270 bullets should never deserve assignment of such a noble moniker.

You labor under an illusion that a .270 (Winchester or WSM) is something you should not be nervous about if a hunting partner chooses to carry one on an elk hunt with you. You seem to believe that less recoil means you can shoot your .270 better than most who choose a .300, a .340, or a .375. You are obviously one of those sad limited individuals who work hard to stalk as close as possible to an animal you respect and deliver an accurate shot into the vitals; a shot you have wasted valuable time practicing aforehand.

You share this impairment with a vast majority of professional elk guides, who in their experience are nervous about the client who shows up with a "magnumb" speaking of their preparedness for 800 yard shots. They are misdirected and placing their faith wrongly in confidence toward a client that shows up with a .270, .308, or .30-06, and knows how to shoot it well.

The tragedy here is that Lickskillet (originator of this thread) I believe purchased what he mistakenly believes is a fine elk rifle for his son. It is a Remington 700 in .270 Winchester, if I recall correctly. He has perpetuated his own handicap by doing so, and his son will never know what he is missing.

It is my sincere hope that you work hard to overcome your fantasies, and know that you are not alone. Admitting your deficiencies is the first step toward recovery. We need only to listen and emulate advice from persons of greater knowledge than our challenged selves.

Spitpatch I have been humbled by your wisdom your right I should run out and throw out my guns. I will start by purchasing a 300 and then adding a ear blaster and buying a led sled so that I don't have to really hold the gun in my hands. Plus I will never have to worry about finding a 800 practice range since the gun is a lazer to a half mile.

I Sincerely thank for reminding me of what I have been missing. :s0114::s0114::s0114: thanks that was a good chuckle and glad to hear some other common sense. I settled on this ;) :s0043:

You are sadly inexperienced when compared to men who know that in some scenario of elk hunting they should be "prepared for 800 yard shots", and that some blessing of a holy man or wizard has bestowed upon .30 caliber 180 grain bullets the lofty title of an "Elk Bullet". The measly 140 grain or 150 grain .270 bullets should never deserve assignment of such a noble moniker.

You labor under an illusion that a .270 (Winchester or WSM) is something you should not be nervous about if a hunting partner chooses to carry one on an elk hunt with you. You seem to believe that less recoil means you can shoot your .270 better than most who choose a .300, a .340, or a .375. You are obviously one of those sad limited individuals who work hard to stalk as close as possible to an animal you respect and deliver an accurate shot into the vitals; a shot you have wasted valuable time practicing aforehand.

You share this impairment with a vast majority of professional elk guides, who in their experience are nervous about the client who shows up with a "magnumb" speaking of their preparedness for 800 yard shots. They are misdirected and placing their faith wrongly in confidence toward a client that shows up with a .270, .308, or .30-06, and knows how to shoot it well.

The tragedy here is that Lickskillet (originator of this thread) I believe purchased what he mistakenly believes is a fine elk rifle for his son. It is a Remington 700 in .270 Winchester, if I recall correctly. He has perpetuated his own handicap by doing so, and his son will never know what he is missing.

It is my sincere hope that you work hard to overcome your fantasies, and know that you are not alone. Admitting your deficiencies is the first step toward recovery. We need only to listen and emulate advice from persons of greater knowledge than our challenged selves.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top