JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been sticking to my diet. I don't think it's really Keto in the traditional form, but more just cutting out all the useless carbs like bread, pasta, chips, etc.....

I did allow myself a small frozen yogurt last night. Blackberry with yogurt chips on top from The Pink Spoon froyo joint that's walking distance from where I live.

:)

I am fighting type2 diabetes myself. I am simply trying to make the smart choices. Macaroni and cheese with bacon or vegetable soup. I have lost 20 pounds in the last month. My bog issue is making sure i eat something high enough in carbs to last me through the night. I hate waking up to numbers in the 70s and below.

Its not a diet to me its taking each decision and trying to choose wisely.

I am fighting type2 diabetes myself. I am simply trying to make the smart choices. Macaroni and cheese with bacon or vegetable soup. I have lost 20 pounds in the last month. My bog issue is making sure i eat something high enough in carbs to last me through the night. I hate waking up to numbers in the 70s and below.

Its not a diet to me its taking each decision and trying to choose wisely.

Try eating protein or even better, high fat before bedtime...

Carbs spike and then crash fast.

3B263D6F-928C-44EE-AC08-EE020BD3D549.png

Been eating a lot more nuts and seeds then i ever have. They seem to meet a need by feeling full. Keep some hard candy around and absolutely no sugary drinks. The one thing i refuse to give up on friday or saturday night is a my whiskey but even that has been cut back on.

With hunting season coming up and me trying to keep my blood sugars low kind of makes me a bit concerned about being in the field. I love hunting so wether i am going or not isnt even a question but will be on my mind. Always carry an extra day of food in my pack just in case. 10 days and a wake up and it will be here - yippeee.

I'm really hoping for an elk this year - not that I don't every year but it sure would be nice to get some free range meat in the freezer :s0155:.

I'm in better shape then I have been in a decade so I'm looking forward to not killing myself going up and down hills lol.

I make breakfast for a week at a time and put it in individual containers in the fridge. Slice up green pepper and as much onion as you like. Saute in a skillet with lots of EVO. Watch the heat or you'll burn the onions. Depending on what I feel like for that week, cook brats, sausages, bacon, ham, or even Spam if that's what triggers your taste buds. Then wisk some heavy cream into 4 eggs. Pour the whipped eggs into a separate skillet and add the meat and peppers/onions for breakfast for 2 days. Add some shredded cheese or even some small chunks. I happen to like pepper jack or sharp cheddar. Salt, pepper or whatever you like for taste. Prepare the mixture like you would an omelet. When close to done, divide and place into two separate containers. The small batches seem to be easier to handle. Since you'll be microwaving these in the morning, you don't want to over cook things. Make additional batches as necessary. A splash of water in the container before putting it into the micro nuker will help it from being over cooked or too dry. This makes for a quick breakfast before work or even something for a lazy Saturday or Sunday morning. You can add or subtract anything you want and it's a pretty good breakfast to eat at work, or before work while watching the morning news or surfing the net before work. I think it's a pretty good keto combo with protein and fats from natural sources.

Started the Keto diet/lifestyle 10 days ago.

***Its fine if you don't agree with the nutrition program or it didn't work for you - it's working great for me so please don't thread crap this one.

My blood sugar levels haven't been this low in a long time and I'm hoping to drop out of type 2 diabetes into pre-diabetic and then kick that to the curb too.

Lost 8lbs, 1" off my waist and a lot of belly (shirts hang about 3" lower now) without loosing any noticeable muscle mass or strength so far.

I dropped my 5-6 days a week at the gym to 3-4 until my body is fat adapted (I'm going to give it about 3 weeks total and then hit it hard again).

I've found some good recipes and a lot of bad ones on YouTube - I can't do chocolate, heavy cream or spices (onion and garlic I can do). My wife can't do nuts so almond flour is out for her (she can do coconut so far but it's a bit strong on the flavor). Oh, and our kid is a vegitarian (more meat for me lol).

We are going to try a cauliflower crust pizza for her tonight and a fat head bread dough for mine.

Anyone have links or recipes for good stuff? Post it up, Id love to try it.

Thanks;)
Did not feel like reading all the pages.........did you lose 8 pounds in the ten days of starting this diet? That is dangerous.

My weekdays are easy:

7am
3 eggs
2 tsp coconut oil (or bacon fat)

11 am
8oz turkey (meatloaf)
2 cups broccoli (lightly steamed)
2 tsp avocado oil

2 pm
2 scoops protein shake
1 avocado

6pm
8oz turkey (meatloaf)
2 cups broccoli (lightly steamed)
2 tsp avocado oil

I like avocado oil on everything, it tastes a lot like butter to me with some salt.

I am active all day and then lift on top of it so that is why my protein is so high - I was advised to go a little higher but that's about what I can eat in a day.

The weekends we all cook and have been experimenting with different foods.

Fathead bread dough was stupid simple and cheap! I think tonight's pizzas ran about $2.50 each - and I couldn't finish one, but I can demolish a regular large pizza.

This dough can be used in place of any dough. I saw someone wrap cooked sausage patties in it and they looked amazing.

View attachment 570008

Heat mozzarella 30sec, mix, 30 sec mix, 20 sec and put into a mixer or use a hand mixer. Add an egg and mix.

Add dry ingredients and keep mixing.

Add a little almond flour to a bowl and kneed until it forms a dough ball.

Wrap in Saran Wrap for the fridge up to a week or ziplock in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You don't do Intermittent fasting? Or one meal a day ? I do only two meals a day no snacks

Did not feel like reading all the pages.........did you lose 8 pounds in the ten days of starting this diet? That is dangerous.

It's a well documented effect.

Every gram of carb you have in you is attached to 4 grams of water (the hydrate) so anyone that starts Keto and has been eating even moderate carbohydrates before starting will loose 6-10 lbs of water weight.

Since then I have only averaged 1 lb of fat loss per week while also gaining a great deal of muscle.

You don't do Intermittent fasting? Or one meal a day ? I do only two meals a day no snacks

I am still working to lower my A1c level and get below 5.7. Last check was 6.6 and I'll check again in November.

I have found my blood sugars stay more in range with a couple meals per day vs IMF.

I may move to that in time though.

I used to really enjoy eating seems lately its turned into a pain in my backside. Its all about choices. Eating or living longer.

It's all about finding choices that are satisfying and healthy. It's not like you have to eat plain Kale and dry chicken breast. There are tons of delicious recipes out there.

It's all about finding choices that are satisfying and healthy. It's not like you have to eat plain Kale and dry chicken breast. There are tons of delicious recipes out there.

Bacon, steak and broccoli for lunch today.

Hamburger, bacon, polish kielbasa and broccoli with butter for dinner last night.

I loved every min of it:s0155:;)

Wife made veggie pizza with cauliflower crust the other night. Not fantastic, but pretty good. I've learned that you need to manage your expectations about food. In fact, I don't think about food nearly as much as I used to.

Wife put together my lunch today:

Broccoli
Butter cubes
Beef polish kielbasa
Bacon

I'm drooling just thinking about lunchtime lol:s0155::D

C0A14957-B00A-4ADC-8490-96E354E8EEE6.jpeg

And yes I am still loosing fat and gaining muscle. Eating stuff like this is the norm for me now.;)

My wife hates me. I can almost turn it off and on at will. Instead of slurping so much crap if I've put a few extra pounds on I'll come home and do stir fry of whatever is laying in the fridge (celery, onion and bok choy are good combo), making sure there is @20-30% meat in there, shrimp are good, chicken, steak. Wham, done. healthy. Drop a lb or 2 a week for a while. Done.

Would it take you out of Ketosis if you subbed a protein drink for some of this?

Too much protein will do that. The longer on Keto the faster you will get back in after bouncing out.

The key for me is too have MCT oil or butter or other good fat with the higher protein I eat to keep muscle with my workouts.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top