JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sigh... Not all Kel-Tecs are crap, and the S2K is not the worst choice out there.

Good on Kel-Tec for the donation and marketing win.

My S2K has worked fine, nary a problem since I broke it in a bit. As I recall I had to chamfer the chamber a little and adjust the canted front sight (not particularly easy).

I did find that not everyone appreciates them ergonomically. You need to crane your neck to an uncomfortable degree to get a sight picture. I let a friend shoot it once. He saw me rattle off a dozen rounds, clanging the 100yd steel target every shot. I handed it to him and he awkwardly tried to get a sight picture. After craning his neck a few times he put it down in disgust and proclaimed it unusable. Oh well, to each their own. It works fine for me.

I have much better rifles that I would far prefer in a situation like the Ukrainians are in, but if it was all that was available, you could do a lot worse.

Last Edited:
My gen 1 S2K shot very accurately and reliably - no complaints with this part.

I sold it however for a few reasons I was unaware of when I bought it. One was after my experience of disassembling it for a complete cleaning - it was a nightmare to get back together and I actually got so frustrated I took a couple day break from it and that was a first for any gun I have owned. Then there was the thin, plastic exterior parts such as the front sight. I could see some of the plastic screws getting stripped over time and I was already looking at designing a dovetailed front sight ramp to accomodate a typical steel, bead style sight. Last I actually learned about after selling it and that was the epoxied in barrel. So many reported them coming loose KT described a 'fix' for it requiring drilling and pinning the barrel.

IF it had been a Gen 2 I would probably still have it as they made several improvements on it.

Last Edited:
One google search said MSRP of $409, but I don't know if that is current.

I paid just over $300 for the one I still have which is Hard Chrome, paid little under $300 for the .40 one I had. Kind of doubt I will see those prices again :D
I did not know they were offering one suppressed now. That one looks like FUN

KTS2K.png S2KS.png

I should note that I did drop another $400.00 in doing all the trick upgrades that the cheap bastards at Kel-Tec won't do.
The gun they made that was the original idea sold for twice as much but was made with the kind of alloys AR's normally come with. They found few wanted one so they dropped it in favor of the Gen 1 and they were never able to make them as fast as the public wanted to buy them. For those who wanted better it did not take long for the after market to jump in and make some NICE upgrades. Some of those made their way into the Gen II. For a while they were offering to free upgrade the Gen 1 to a Gen II. I did not hear about it till much later. If I finally wear out the old one I will buy a Gen II for sure.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but this is just another virtue signal for just another empty cause the masses can get behind. Americans are the world champions at playing "follow the leader." The amount of Ukraine pins and colors worn by "important people", the endless rhetoric, chest beating, and out-Ukraine-ing each other is disgusting. I guess the people really needed this distraction.

While our leadership is playing Risk with your money and emotions, the sad, sad truth is that no matter the eventual outcome, Putin wins. He has already beaten us. We took our struggling economy and crapped in it some more. Imposed sanctions, after the fact, that will hurt us badly for a decade or more. This is just another "2 weeks to flatten the curve" on steroids and the mindless zombies just swallow the whole balls-deep load.

Don't get me wrong, I am rooting for a huge Russian embarrassment. On the other hand, global politics are complicated, and our current elitist, incompetent despots are completely incapable about anything besides deceiving equally incompetent citizens. We are already paying a steep price, and the inflation on stupidity is rising faster than the inflation of the economy. But for what? A backwater eastern European country that serves as a global elite money launderer and playground. We didn't make them get their sh!t together...because we didn't want to. But Ukraine is suddenly now so important. We should've thought of that before playing chicken with Putin.

Where was this outrage during the Bosnian war? The atrocities there make this one look like a picnic at this point. It was a real genocide, 100k killed, around 2 million displaced. The American apathy, politically and domestically, was why I decided to leave the military.

Sorry, this is already way longer than I wanted, and still doesn't hit on all I feel about this situation. Thanks for listening. Stay informed, question everything.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top