JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since moving to a better neighborhood I only leave my daily carry pistol and HD pistol loaded. (Cocked and locked).

I do however keep mags of all my firearms loaded in the safe

However you store your guns ... Make sure the system you use works for you.
Once you decide on what works for you , do not deviate from your system.
If other folks have access to the safe , make sure they are doing as you do.

In my house only the house gun is loaded.
Every once in awhile , during hunting season a muzzle loader might be left loaded.
If so I slide a piece of red patch cloth between the ramrod and the barrel.
The gun will be loaded but unprimed or not capped at this time.
Andy
I think having some guy point a muzzle gun at you would be as bad as a shotgun
You know the guy using a muzzle loader for home defense is crazy and has a knife or tomahawk waiting . And wants to use it!:eek:

DSC05780.jpg DSC06048.jpg
I think having some guy point a muzzle gun at you would be as bad as a shotgun
You know the guy using a muzzle loader for home defense is crazy and has a knife or tomahawk waiting . And wants to use it!:eek:
Sounds like you've been to my house! :D
Here's some tomahawks and knives to go with my Hawken.
Andy

I'm not thinking it will Blow! :s0140:
Just burn well enough inside your safe to destroy all your valuables.

Think of all the powder [from ammo] in your safe poured out and lit on fire?
Would your Glock and wood stocked rifles survive? ;)
No doubt. If the fire in the part of the house the safe is gets hot enough to set off the ammo then the guns are toast. I have serious doubts that if I kept all the guns in there empty with no ammo that the guns would survive. I supposes anything is possible so if some sleep better keeping no ammo in he safe nothing wrong with that. I have them insured which makes me willing to take the risk if there is one. If the place burned that bad the money would not replace them all but, would give me enough to go on a good shopping spree for more. Not to mention all my guns are never in the safe. So even if home was a complete loss we would not be unarmed while staying in the Hotel. Even keep one in a safe deposit box. The old eggs not in one basket thing I guess. Nothing would scare me more than being put out to some Hotel and having nothing until the gun shop opened. :eek:

View attachment 330107 And if that don't work I got one of these! :D
Andy
Is that a "real" Katana? Sure looks like a damn nice one. I have many times toyed with the idea of buying a modern reproduction. Something like the one Cold Steel makes. Seemed like it would be fun to play around with. Not to mention if you took the time to get proficient even a little they would be a wicked self defense weapon.

Its a real katana ( Officers blade , handle and mounts from WWII ) but with a reproduction scabbard.
And yes I have taken time to practice with it.
I'll post some more pictures in the Show Your Knives Thread so I don't high jack this thread.
Andy

Last Edited:
Don't think so? ;)

It is impressive that it withstood that. From what I am seeing there though I'm not so sure about how optimistic he is. It looked to me like it melted some kind of items that were sitting on the ground out front of the safe in one shot and inside it at another. Can't tell what they are but they were in the safe and looked like they got VERY hot. If it was what it looked like it makes me wonder how hot it got in the safe. That he could not even open it concerned me too. Got so hot it ruined the lock? I would not be willing to fire one of those guns until some pro told me they were still safe. Even then I'm not sure I would want to touch off a round in them with it close to my face. I guess if I could stand back and watch someone else try them first maybe. o_O

I would like to add that if you do keep loaded
Guns in your safe, please put a note inside your safe stating that all could be loaded.

I helped an elderly lady a few months ago. She was unaware that most of her husbands guns were loaded. She was embarrassed of the laundry/safe room condition so she was bring them out one by one. Yep the first one she handed me, hey this is loaded. She said hmmm from the other room and then Boom!
Hole in the basement ceiling and up into her living room.
She got over her embarrassment of the mess in there then.

I would like to add that if you do keep loaded
Guns in your safe, please put a note inside your safe stating that all could be loaded.

I helped an elderly lady a few months ago. She was unaware that most of her husbands guns were loaded. She was embarrassed of the laundry/safe room condition so she was bring them out one by one. Yep the first one she handed me, hey this is loaded. She said hmmm from the other room and then Boom!
Hole in the basement ceiling and up into her living room.
She got over her embarrassment of the mess in there then.

Was she already a tad hard of hearing?
That must have been sad for her if her husband had passed.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top