JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Justice Antonin Scalia says World War II-style internment camps could happen again | WashingtonExaminer.com

Justice Antonin Scalia predicts that the Supreme Court will eventually authorize another a wartime abuse of civil rights such as the internment camps for Japanese Americans during World War II.

"You are kidding yourself if you think the same thing will not happen again," Scalia told the University of Hawaii law school while discussing Korematsu v. United States, the ruling in which the court gave its imprimatur to the internment camps.

The local Associated Press report quotes Scalia as using a Latin phrase that means "in times of war, the laws fall silent," to explain why the court erred in that decision and will do so again.

"That's what was going on — the panic about the war and the invasion of the Pacific and whatnot," Scalia said. "That's what happens. It was wrong, but I would not be surprised to see it happen again, in time of war. It's no justification but it is the reality."

When the late Sen. Daniel Inouye, D-Hawaii, had the chance to get out of the Japanese-American internment camps and fight in World War II, he jumped at it, eventually earning a Medal of Honor for "conspicuous gallantry" near San Terenzo, Italy, in 1942. You should read his Medal of Honor citation here.

I'm sitting here as I type watching Natgeo TV on the Nazi killing teams and death camps... I will not strip naked and run to a shooting pit, nor will I turn my back so I can be shot in the back of my head.

If I die, my killer will be looking me STRAIGHT in the eye... but then again, I may be the killer of would-be mass murderers acting for the "greater good".

Nine schmucks wearing black robes are not infallible, nor are they "gods".

I'm sitting here as I type watching Natgeo TV on the Nazi killing teams and death camps... I will not strip naked and run to a shooting pit, nor will I turn my back so I can be shot in the back of my head.

If I die, my killer will be looking me STRAIGHT in the eye... but then again, I may be the killer of would-be mass murderers acting for the "greater good".

Nine schmucks wearing black robes are not infallible, nor are they "gods".

Good Luck on having that killer look ya in the eye, seems like many killers are much too cowardly

I'm with Stomper 100%....

I would gladly pull the pin as it were, before ever being taken to my death, either in a figurative or literal sense....and I would gladly take down as many as I could with me while I do it.

My conscience is clear.

Many of us are from a different era. Pacifists were frowned upon.!!!
None were killers as you put it.
There are much better words to describe necessity.

Agreed...

Only those that choose to kill for selfish reasons can be called murderers or killers. Throughout history, whether you are talking about the Fascists of WW2, the Communists in Vietnam or Al Qaeda in the Middle East today....all fought and died for a misguided and selfish human ideology that put manmade goals over God-given rights.

No one has terrorized and doled out as much death and murder in the last decade than us. By at least a 1000x margin.

We are just suffering the wrath of the Clandestine Empire. They all die the same historically. No one is a challenge to our Empire militarily. We will be defeated by the money men.

First Empires lash out in all directions in search of power and resources and then when that fails the wrath turns inward, then eventually the Empire expires after mass suffering of the people.

WE, as in anyone who cares about any individual freedoms and refuses to join the herd are the true enemies that are targeted. It's been that way for a long time.

I do agree with the 'no check in' policy. Also too old to be put into some 4x8 stacked fiberglass box at Fema. If it comes to that in my lifetime I will expire one way or another before that can happen.

"It is better to be dominated by me than one of your own species" - Colossus, The Forbin Project global computer

The visual of doors being kicked in and people being dragged to camps is a myth this time around.

This time they will be lining up to get in. No need to round people up.

For the promise of food and water there will create lines for miles.

Don't need no government cheese. Uncle Sam made the mistake of training me to forage off the land, to find and make (even if barely) potable water, conditioned me to endure physical and mental agony, hunger and thirst... All in order to stay focused on "completing the mission"... Although it has been a few years since those days in practice, I'm aware of what it takes, and can "go it hard" again when there isn't another viable alternative.

The visual of doors being kicked in and people being dragged to camps is a myth this time around.

This time they will be lining up to get in. No need to round people up.

For the promise of food and water there will be lines non stop.

Let there be lines :D
That will keep most occupied while we take care of ourselves.

I am thankful for our training and the self reliance taught by a grandfather who learned and taught from his experience of being a hobo in the depression. He lived off the land and rode the rails from farm and job, one to the next to support his parents sent money home to the homestead in Montana.
He never begged or took handouts a day in his life and passed his education on to us.
The more people stand in line the freer the open country will be of idiots. The PNW is one huge farm and shelter when needed.

Let there be lines :D
That will keep most occupied while we take care of ourselves.

I am thankful for our training and the self reliance taught by a grandfather who learned and taught from his experience of being a hobo in the depression. He lived off the land and rode the rails from farm and job, one to the next to support his parents sent money home to the homestead in Montana.
He never begged or took handouts a day in his life and passed his education on to us.
The more people stand in line the freer the open country will be of idiots. The PNW is one huge farm and shelter when needed.

Your grandfather sounds much like my father. He too hopped trains to get work during the depression and sent money home to his parents to help out. He also sent much of his money home when he served in WW2. He is an amazing man who showed me through example that anything is possible if you work hard to achieve it. My greatest honor in life is as his son.

Your grandfather sounds much like my father. He too hopped trains to get work during the depression and sent money home to his parents to help out. He also sent much of his money home when he served in WW2. He is an amazing man who showed me through example that anything is possible if you work hard to achieve it. My greatest honor in life is as his son.

They are nearly a lost breed. Grandad did the Burma rd through India to China i WWII. The war was a job for many as well. Duty first and a job second is how they viewed it then. Tough men and good men as well. He made a few bucks during the war as a bare knuckle boxer also. Had that steel Norwegian jaw and iron fists.
Damn I miss him.
He passed away at 105 and gave the nurses a bad time right to the end :D

Up until recently i never saw gardening as a necessity, or food storage. Now with a family, it seems almost more important than even my firearm collection

Better to be concealed snacking on some freeze dried lasagna than to be out with your gun scouting for free dried lasagna. Exposure = risk. Risk can = death.

Better to be concealed snacking on some freeze dried lasagna than to be out with your gun scouting for free dried lasagna. Exposure = risk. Risk can = death.

Unless you have a clear field for 3/4 mile 360 around your home you cant defend a stick home even with a dozen sets of eyes.
No way, no how.
You are better off in the bush.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews