JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That looks similar to a picture, if not the same picture, that another member posted here ~8 months ago.

exact same pic

exact same pic
Some tweaker looking for an easy score. Venmo, CashApp only ?

exact same pic
What is the angle for this scam.

What is the angle for this scam.
The typical scam on CL is to list something at a very good (usually unbelievable) price. Then when contacted the seller eventually gets around to their scam with various excuses as to why they can't deal directly with you, why they don't know much about it, and then why you can't come see the item. But if you send them $ they will ship it to you.

One of the common starts is that the item is from a dead relative; father, uncle, grandparent, whatever - so they can claim ignorance when you ask them questions. Saying they are not there, but they placed the ad for someone else (usually their mother or aunt) means they can't supply more photos (they usually only have one photo, whereas the actual seller that they copied from, had many photos) - this cuts down on the amount of effort they have to put into the scam.

They also claim that their mother/aunt/grandmother will be moving soon, hence the low price.

Often, they will post this same scam all over the country - if you know how to search multiple CL listings in many different cities, you will usually find the same scam listed in multiple cities.

I see this a lot on CL - often when search for a car/truck, I will see something worth $8000 listed for $800. I will see maybe a dozen of these on CL at the same time.

In short, if it is too good to be true, then it isn't true.

But if they run enough of these scams, they usually get somebody willing to fall for it, and it only takes a few fools to give them enough $ to make it worth the effort.

Already flagged for removal…scam
No not a scam. I saw this add myself. It was flagged by some liberal a-hole that thinks it their job to be Craigslist cops. I watch CL quite a bit and you see adds for fire arms stuff get flagged in a matter of hours. I found a Chinese triangle 36, 75 round drum for $50.00 and sold it at a gun show for $150.00. I saw the add was a few hours old and by the time I went to meet the guy the add was flagged.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top