JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
High Desert Cartridge Company from Goldendale had several casses of CCI primers at the last Hillsboro gun show. They had everything but large rifle magnum. Everything was $100/brick. Other vendors also had primers at the same price.

Might be worth checking at the Sportsmans show in Portland this weekend. $100 a brick seems to be the going price.

American Reloading has Ginex and Fiocchi primers today, and they pay shipping and hazmat.

From an email

150 count sleeves? https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....ll-rifle-primers-1500-count-10-sleeves-of-150
Hmm. Good price considering everything else, when in stock, is a C-note or more. $80.00 on those Gin-X on other sites.

From an email

This is a much better deal for the same primers. $430 price includes shipping and hazmat.

Looks like things are starting to return to stock and prices are coming down some.

Getting better, one local store has all their ammo shelfs full 6 - 8 15' rows and about 40 pallets of common handgun (.22 to .45) and 5.56, 7.62, .300 BLK) rifle ammo on the floor and much more in storage. 9mm brass blazer $.12.99, various primers $80. a thousand. Looks like we are suddenly seeing all the back orders being filled at the same time.

Locally most of the stores have very good stock of common ammo.

Best selection of rimfire ammo I've seen in more than a few years.:)

Have yet to find any .22 hornet or common .410 ammo in stock (need to feed my M-6).:(

Looks like things are starting to return to stock and prices are coming down some.

Getting better, one local store has all their ammo shelfs full 6 - 8 15' rows and about 40 pallets of common handgun (.22 to .45) and 5.56, 7.62, .300 BLK) rifle ammo on the floor and much more in storage. 9mm brass blazer $.12.99, various primers $80. a thousand. Looks like we are suddenly seeing all the back orders being filled at the same time.

Locally most of the stores have very good stock of common ammo.

Best selection of rimfire ammo I've seen in more than a few years.:)

Have yet to find any .22 hornet or common .410 ammo in stock (need to feed my M-6).:(
Maybe we will see good ammo deals on Black Friday.

What is price for midsouth after tax, shipping and hazmat?
I don't know…. I wasn't intending to create an argument for or against… I wouldn't respond that way.
If it's 7.8 cents apiece?…. That's amazing. I was confirming my math is all because 10 plus is normal.
Really I have no fight …. I just posted an add. And wasn't sure if my calculations were there.
C'mon… I can see how it reads though

I don't know…. I wasn't intending to create an argument for or against… I wouldn't respond that way.
If it's 7.8 cents apiece?…. That's amazing. I was confirming my math is all because 10 plus is normal.
Really I have no fight …. I just posted an add. And wasn't sure if my calculations were there.
I think your math is good, it looks like midsouth is about $30 for shipping and hazmat plus tax.

Definitely missing these days...and hoping these are still good...

IMG_8309r.jpg

I found midsouth a year or so ago looking for.500 bullets. They're good at shipping too.
It's been awhile but it seemed like Midsouth had slightly better prices than others
I didn't take anything as being argumentative. Mo' INFO is Mo' Betah.

150 count sleeves? https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....ll-rifle-primers-1500-count-10-sleeves-of-150
Hmm. Good price considering everything else, when in stock, is a C-note or more. $80.00 on those Gin-X on other sites.
I noticed that the Fiocchi small rifle primers are becoming available at a reasonable (for 2023 anyway) price. But after doing some research decided against purchasing as the standard Fiocchi small rifle primers are not recommended for use in higher pressure cartridges like .223 Rem, 5.56 etc. Apparently they are similar to Remington 6 1/2 primers, intended for lower pressure rounds like .22 Hornet and .30 Carbine. Hopefully the Fiocchi Small Rifle Magnum primers will start showing up soon, at similar prices, as they are more suited to use in the higher pressure rounds and AR's.
The standard primers may be adequate if you load mild in .223.
I have loaded and fired thousands of .223 rounds in bolt guns and AR's with CCI-400 and Federal 205's without issues, but have never tried the Fiocchi standard SRP. Would hate to order 6,000 only to find out they weren't able to handle warm .223/5.56 loads.

American Reloading has small pistol and magnum primers avaiable. This month, they have a 30% off code for projectiles. I've ordered from them several times without any problems. Make sure you read and understand the descriptions before ordering since some are mixed lots and pulled bullets.

I spoke to Steve with High Desert Cartridge Company a few weeks ago. He says he is trying to keep the retail price of his primers at $90/k at the gun shows but it depends on availability. He's a member here so may be able to give us an update.

At that time, they plannned on being at the Rickreal gun show this coming weekend. At the Salem show, they did have large and small pistol and rifle primers as well as magnum primers. They are a manufacturer and have had quite a bit of ammo at the previous gun shows.

Last Edited:
I'll be at Rickreall, and my ammo packer will be at the Pendleton show.

In talking with my suppliers, large rifle primers have dried up again.

Am out of Large Rifle Magnum primers, but still have a good stock of standard Large Rifle Primers...along with Small Rifle, Small Rifle Magnum, Small Pistol and Large Pistol.

Even if you don't buy anything from me, stop by and introduce yourself...always enjoy chatting with members here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top