Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Just Passed my Oregon P&C Exam, who needs gun liability insurance?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by bigezfosheez, Feb 24, 2012.

1. bigezfosheez

bigezfosheez Washington County Active Member

I'm not licensed or appointed yet, but the paperworks in the mail. I was curious about being appointed to sell Gun liability Insurance on the side and wondering if this is something any of you have or would even be interested in? Has anyone heard of anyone actually using it and it being beneficial to their defense costs and or medical payments?

2. x1hunter89

x1hunter89 gresham oregon Active Member

depending on price i would like to hear more i think a full coverage including firearm replacements for lost stolen or broken would sell pretty good

3. DCKilla

DCKilla Wet Side, WA Member

Are you selling steak knife insurance as well?

4. Nightshade

Nightshade vancouver,WA Well-Known Member

Are you working for your self and do you have E&O Insurance, on the policys you sell if there's a claim whos paying

5. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

Gun liability Insurance[/QUOTE]

explain???

6. pietro beretta

pietro beretta Spokane, WA Active Member 2016 Volunteer

This reminds me of a little fantasy of mine to sell "Act of God" insurance, have a panel of people of different religions, and when someone tried to submit a claim -- they would have to prove the existence of god. I was like 12 when I thought this up, wow I was a smart-*** as a kid.

M67 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

NRA members can get liability insurance for accidents, and additionally a rider for a self defense shoot. Many homeowners' policies won't cover that. NRA also offers loss of gun insurance with limits which may be higher than homeowners. There are links on the left side of the page.

I don't know what policies might be available for an independent agent to sell.

NRA Endorsed Insurance Program Excess Personal Liability

8. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

I'd like hammer, axe and rock insurance too please. Oh, and marble.

9. NotherGunGuy

NotherGunGuy Rainier, WA New Member

We can do the hammer, axe, rock and marble coverage, BUT the marble insurance is null and void if said marble(s) is(are) launched from a slingshot.

10. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

The closest thing I've heard of like this is one of the Umbrella Liability policies that people can get. But you have to make sure you get in writing from your insurance company that you will be covered if someone sues you in a civil case.

I know some policies will cover you, but only if you have no charges brought against you, or you are acquitted of any charges.

11. beavertonbuck

beavertonbuck Beaverton Active Member

Most people should be covered under their homeowner's policy. Check your policy and make sure you have good limits. Look in your policy's exclusion section and look for the intentional injury exclusion. Most policies a these days will say that the exclusion doesn't apply if you are protecting yourself or your property.