JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm not licensed or appointed yet, but the paperworks in the mail. I was curious about being appointed to sell Gun liability Insurance on the side and wondering if this is something any of you have or would even be interested in? Has anyone heard of anyone actually using it and it being beneficial to their defense costs and or medical payments?

This reminds me of a little fantasy of mine to sell "Act of God" insurance, have a panel of people of different religions, and when someone tried to submit a claim -- they would have to prove the existence of god. I was like 12 when I thought this up, wow I was a smart-*** as a kid.

NRA members can get liability insurance for accidents, and additionally a rider for a self defense shoot. Many homeowners' policies won't cover that. NRA also offers loss of gun insurance with limits which may be higher than homeowners. There are links on the left side of the page.

I don't know what policies might be available for an independent agent to sell.

NRA Endorsed Insurance Program Excess Personal Liability

The closest thing I've heard of like this is one of the Umbrella Liability policies that people can get. But you have to make sure you get in writing from your insurance company that you will be covered if someone sues you in a civil case.

I know some policies will cover you, but only if you have no charges brought against you, or you are acquitted of any charges.

Most people should be covered under their homeowner's policy. Check your policy and make sure you have good limits. Look in your policy's exclusion section and look for the intentional injury exclusion. Most policies a these days will say that the exclusion doesn't apply if you are protecting yourself or your property.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top