JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dang it as soon as I see one I'm taking it home. And I won't even review it, the secret will be mine!
Don't worry folks .. Im looking forward reviewing it for y'all. heck I'll even let the other folks at the range that day shoot it. Since others are more than a little selfish:rolleyes:...
I just got the family $750 worth of Canon T6i camera and accessories for Christmas..( the kids are both in a photography class so I was able to rationalized it) i'll be taking lots of pictures! Hopefully I'll have it mid next week.
:D

Go to about 23 minutes in. Interesting stuff. Looks like you might be able to swap calibers in time.

I'm pretty much sold on this guy.

@LuckySG let me know when you have one secured I'll come pick it up.

Go to about 23 minutes in. Interesting stuff. Looks like you might be able to swap calibers in time.

I'm pretty much sold on this guy.

@LuckySG let me know when you have one secured I'll come pick it up.
The more I read the more I already love it. The way they made the bolt it's easy to see they do intend to make other calibers, if needed. I easily foresee market for that. Was impressed that it worked with those cheap SGM mags too. None of my PCC's will work with those mags. Auction now has a handful so they are rolling in.

If they make this in 10mm, I'm going to have to get one. If it can do multiple caliber conversion, like the TNW Aero, I'm absolutely getting one.

Same. I already have an AR-9 so I really don't need another 9mm carbine. But a 10mm? Perfect for 4 legged creatures!

After watching MAC review I guarantee they will produce other calibers. I bet they will have other calibers at ShotShow.

The weight is removable and replaceable.

The bolt face is removable and replaceable.

The recoil assembly is removable and replaceable.

If Ruger doesn't do it themselves those three alone make it awfully easy for someone else to do so.

Only my opinion, and it's only as valuable as everybody elses...

I can't imagine this gun ever being offered in 10mm without some design changes that will affect cost and dependability. This is a blowback design. 10mm's are pretty intense and I just think they're over the limit on non-locked breeches. The .40 S&W, on the other hand, if they chambered this carbine in that cartridge, could still be used with a straight blow back, and with the carbine length barrel would put it within the power range of a 10mm shot from a pistol length barrel.

Also, a PC-type carbine, part of its appeal is shooting cheap ammo. Things will have to change a bunch before I call 10mm cheap.
I worked on the TNW 10mm before it was released. Blowback with enough weight behind the bolt will allow for pressures to come down before the bolt will start cycling. That and we tried killing one with a compressed load of 16 grains of titegroup. We couldn't find the extractor afterwords, and the barrel was fairly bulged, however no extreme catastrophic failure occurred. I think there is a lot to learn about blowback designs. That being said I think it all lies in the hands of the manufactures lawyers to allow more to come to light as with any magnum caliber, people get a little nuts.

0F1954BF-F489-404C-A06E-63B4130C305E.jpeg

Only my opinion, and it's only as valuable as everybody elses...

I can't imagine this gun ever being offered in 10mm without some design changes that will affect cost and dependability. This is a blowback design. 10mm's are pretty intense and I just think they're over the limit on non-locked breeches. The .40 S&W, on the other hand, if they chambered this carbine in that cartridge, could still be used with a straight blow back, and with the carbine length barrel would put it within the power range of a 10mm shot from a pistol length barrel.

Also, a PC-type carbine, part of its appeal is shooting inexpensive pistol ammo. Things will have to change a bunch before I call 10mm ammo cheap.

?? You do realize the 10mm has been offered in blow back for many years now right? TNW was not the first to do so and theirs works fantastic also.
As for cost I doubt 10mm will ever be as cheap as 9mm but I just got another case of 1K delivered for $300. I will of course be rolling my own in this caliber as I do with .45.

?? You do realize the 10mm has been offered in blow back for many years now right? TNW was not the first to do so and theirs works fantastic also.
As for cost I doubt 10mm will ever be as cheap as 9mm but I just got another case of 1K delivered for $300. I will of course be rolling my own in this caliber as I do with .45.

Yes I do, and your points are well taken. I've got two reasons for my skepticism. First, I see the Ruger as a common man carbine, at a common man price. Once we involve changes to accommodate one cartridge over others, I still don't see the price as remaining common. Second, I'm old school. I see the 10mm auto cartridge in such a gun as the cusp between pistol cartridges and a nuclear meltdown. I just have a whole bunch of respect for this cartridge. I've seen one of these cartridges blow. I just hope such a release in the Ruger product would only happen after tons of research and development. I know they wouldn't offer it without this same R&D, but I've seen failures of many offerings over the years, in spite of R&D.:D

Regardless of the caliber, or interchangeable cartridge options of the future, I look forward to retiring this old wore-out thing.
P1030423_zpsyzzodxxk.jpg

Last Edited:
I was thinking about a career change, swapping IT management for counseling and hypnotherapy. Perhaps if she gets to name the gun it may be more endearing to her?
I made an interesting New Years resolution to only buy one gun in 2018. I might as well get it over with early.

I made an interesting New Years resolution to only buy one gun in 2018. I might as well get it over with early.
I have not made my mind up yet if I keep one for myself. For 9mm I have the Sub2000, for .45 ACP it will be the CMMG Guard MKG-45 DRB2, and for 10mm there is no offering better than the Kriss Vector CRB G2 for my needs. This is so different than the Sub2000, I will have to run them head-to-head.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top