JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a bad feeling it may be a while before anyone see one in a LGS - heck it was something like a year and a half before I saw a Henry steel frame .357 after introduction.

While they are already quite a hit unless there is some kind of massive recall no one should have to wait that long. They already have some at my favorite distributor which of course are spoken for. Even with the massive recall on the MKIV I could order one up just months after they announced they needed every one they had made back for a fix. They should be showing up on the auctions in weeks. I would be surprised if I did not have one by summer. That is assuming they don't make some kind of mistake on the level of the MKIV screw up.

I'm hoping to lay hands on one this month for a shooting trip early Feb. My willingness to pay full retail will drop off sharply if they can't meet that timeframe.
You might have to pay over retail if you want one that quick... Gougers will have em up on armslist for double retail. Luckily my LGS is awsome. I put in a preorder the day I heard about them, and I get the first one off the truck. with demand they could easily mark it up and make an extra few hundred, but they quoted me $499... $150 below MSRP. If I was an A$$ I could probably flip it and make a few bills myself... but I'd rather keep it, and enjoy it with my friends and family.
Still not even a peep about possible availability dates so I'm not holding my breath waiting for it.

there is one on gunbroker that's up to $560 last time I checked. I wounder if the seller has it in hand, or is banking on it being delivered by the time the auction ends on the 11th?
Suck to be the guy that bids up to $1000 and when he goes to pick it up from his ffl they have one on the rack for $499.

There is over a grand in front of the barrel nut on this one... and I'm still adding $$ to it.

IMG_3997.JPG IMG_4178.JPG

I paid $1500 for this at a pawn shop back in 2013... It was the only black rifle I could find in Kelso/Longview at the time. I sold it a year later for a $500 loss. I want it back now... it had a Colt a2 upper, and a FN 20" 7:1 barrel that is actually pretty rare. FN only sold them to the military, but a few leaked out to the civilian market... and the lower was one of the first Mega's, from way back when they were called Stinger Arms. IMG_2072.jpg

I am still 'potentially' going to buy an AR but it will need to be a COLT AR 15 A2 HBAR with a minimum 18" or better a 20" barrel. I passed on a fairly nice early 90's one of this config in 18" last year the LaPine Gun and Sportsman's show asking $675

Less than $900 in this 9mm SBR including the tax stamp and 4 lb trigger set ( not including the silencer ) . The Ruger might be handy but $1000 worth? Nah.

paf43v.jpg

there is one on gunbroker that's up to $560 last time I checked. I wounder if the seller has it in hand, or is banking on it being delivered by the time the auction ends on the 11th?
Suck to be the guy that bids up to $1000 and when he goes to pick it up from his ffl they have one on the rack for $499.

Pretty sure you're looking at an old one. There is a few on GB right now but those are the old ones. They have recently sold for around 1K on there. Those are the guys who better get their cash now before its too late. As soon as the new ones start to roll in the market bottom will fall out on these. When you see the pics on the auctions look for the barrel band. Its easy then to spot the difference since the new ones are going to be takedown.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top