JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As soon as the new ones start to roll in the market bottom will fall out on these.
You might be right but we'll have to wait and see - 'New' Smith & Wesson revolvers have done nothing to the 'old' ones except to increase their value - but this is an entirely different market...

Pretty sure you're looking at an old one. There is a few on GB right now but those are the old ones. They have recently sold for around 1K on there. Those are the guys who better get their cash now before its too late. As soon as the new ones start to roll in the market bottom will fall out on these. When you see the pics on the auctions look for the barrel band. Its easy then to spot the difference since the new ones are going to be takedown.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/735589544

it's up to $590 now with 5 days left.

You might be right but we'll have to wait and see - 'New' Smith & Wesson revolvers have done nothing to the 'old' ones except to increase their value - but this is an entirely different market...
That is the quality in a large part. The old Colt and Smith used to have a LOT of hand fitting. They had a rep for a butter smooth action. As cost rose they stopped putting so much work into them. the actions were not nearly as nice. You can of course hire a Smith and turn a new one into that but it is expensive.
The old Ruger carbines never caught on and were dropped. As often happens as soon as they stop making something people want it. This has lead to people paying up to 1K for one of the old carbines. The new one will be pretty much the same gun with great improvements. I can't see anyone paying 1K for and old one when the new ones sell for less than half that. The old ones will still sell, but I very much doubt you will see them bid up to 1K when there is new ones to be had everywhere. Now maybe 50 years from now if the original starts to be thought of as "antique", maybe. If I had an original and had paid 1K for it? Unless I had no intention of ever selling it I would be unloading it.

The old ones will still sell, but I very much doubt you will see them bid up to 1K when there is new ones to be had everywhere.
Yea - It ain't like the 'old' PCCs are fundamentally different than the new ones - as say a pre dash Smith & Wesson is to a new one...
Do These bear any resemblance to 'New' Smith & Wessons?
29YDGcg_yBBHwMh-AuUWeTT0J3O5Rd8x9HUjkXkpdQb5svO8rRqrTbpSDZBWijwBXX7u1mF6FmvZ_VOFpMw=w800-h600-no.jpg

I for one have to say Ruger really watched the market with this one. They got a lot of things right as well as left wiggle room in the design to go further.

Using 10/22 trigger and hammer components. Looks like you may be able to use existing after market components.

Replaceable magwells could mean releasing new mag adapters in time. For SW and Springfield guys that always say they get left out.

Similar stock bolt locations to the 10/22 take down. Maybe Ruger makes a AR like version soon with similar adaptability.

Swappable everything. Lefties rejoice!

I'm thinking these will sell very very well now that the PCC market is in full swing. I know I'll be looking to buy one.

I'm almost positive the people bidding don't realize it's probably for a preorder.
If that's the case I hope they see that part as the winner will expect it to ship upon paying for it. I can hardly imagine actually bidding on a preorder for something - heck I don't need it that bad!

I hope it runs better than my 10-22 takedown. Like a LOT better. Most unreliable .22 Ive ever shot.

If you have one that does not work it's the exception and should go back then. The one we bought works fantastic. Works like a top with the old "Steel lips" and the new Ruger 25 round mags. Have seen several since we bought ours and nary a problem. As with all mass manufacturing some duds make it out the door though. Contact them and they should let you send it back to see what they did wrong.

here's some eye candy to help pass the time while we wait..
View attachment 419275 View attachment 419273 View attachment 419274
see them in context herehttps://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2018/1/2/tested-ruger-s-pc-carbine-and-security-9-pistol/

The one on GB is up to full retail... I'm almost positive the people bidding don't realize it's probably for a preorder. you can preorder all over the net for around 5... still no definitive shipping date though.

It's now $755 so far.One old one bid up to $565 so far with a couple days left on it. Another old one asking $1100 BIN. I think that seller is dreaming at this point. Another old one that just showed up is up to $420 now. If the shop selling that new one does not have it to sell it should show up soon. The buyer will at best leave bad feedback. At worst if the buyer pays with a CC they will just take their money back. They are shipping out so he may have the one he claims to have. My favorite distributor is shipping them but of course they are allocated. Will be keeping an eye out for them to have them for the rest of us.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top