JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Reno911 I have a solution for you! Your firearm for 2018 needs to follow the logic us kids from the 80's learned watching Voltron, namely five little robots get together and form a kickass robot aka. the "2018 gun" is the sum of your efforts to gather together greatness, not a single contributor weapon.

C7cGZonVsAAJfBT.jpg

You're welcome!

Yes I do, and your points are well taken. I've got two reasons for my skepticism. First, I see the Ruger as a common man carbine, at a common man price. Once we involve changes to accommodate one cartridge over others, I still don't see the price as remaining common. Second, I'm old school. I see the 10mm auto cartridge in such a gun as the cusp between pistol cartridges and a nuclear meltdown. I just have a whole bunch of respect for this cartridge. I've seen one of these cartridges blow. I just hope such a release in the Ruger product would only happen after tons of research and development. I know they wouldn't offer it without this same R&D, but I've seen failures of many offerings over the years, in spite of R&D.:D

Regardless of the caliber, or interchangeable cartridge options of the future, I look forward to retiring this old wore-out thing.
View attachment 420991

Since the 10mm has been being made in blow back for a very long time now I am quite sure Ruger will know they made it right if they offer it in theirs. After all others have already paved the way for them. As for blowing up I have seen that from many calibers. Range I go to used to have a burst AR 9mm barrel laying on the counter with a sign saying "this is why you have to use our ammo if you rent our guns". If someone manages to blow one of these I would bet my money on it being something they did wrong.
As for "common man carbine" that is exactly what these were made to be. Even now the early ones are selling for less than I paid for my TNW's. Give it a few weeks or months and they will be far less than I paid. Not to mention the "other calibers" assuming they come about are just going to be icing on the cake. The 9mm will probably always be the best seller. Just look at how many 9mm PCC's there are these days. That caliber is hands down the favorite. As another poster said even if Ruger did not come out with the parts to make these another caliber you can bet someone else will. The way Ruger has been doing things since the old founder died I can't see them letting someone else get in on that action and leave them out. When I get mine (Ruger) that will put me at 5 PCC's, 3 of which are 9mm. That means one (at least) will be finding a new home. As soon as this new one comes out in .45? Will have to have one of those. Then if they come out with a 10m? Will certainly have to have one of those too of course. :)
I have always been surprised the old ones like you have never caught on. This one? This one they really watched the market and checked all the right boxes on.

I believe I am going to most likely need all the stock spacers with my ape-arms!

One of the first things I "hope for" on these is wood furniture. To "me" these would be amazing with wood stocks. Plastic has become so damn popular there may not be enough market for it these days but I hope so. Damn that little rifle would be awesome with nice wood stock and forearm, but if that doe's not happen I will still love having one.

One of the first things I "hope for" on these is wood furniture. To "me" these would be amazing with wood stocks. Plastic has become so damn popular there may not be enough market for it these days but I hope so. Damn that little rifle would be awesome with nice wood stock and forearm, but if that doe's not happen I will still love having one.

I expect Boyd's will meet that need promptly, and if they don't I'll make my own.

Signed up for in-stock notifications from a handful of stores and managed to order one, which will be at my FFL Thursday. I really tried to order local but apparently the simple task that I accomplished from my computer is beyond the skills and resources of every large business I asked to find me one of these. Their loss!

I have nothing against wooden stocks, in fact I have preference for them on some rifles. However, I'm not sure I'd like one on a takedown rifle. If it was not a takedown then I'd already been in the wooden stock camp.

How would it differ? In function? I have one takedown rifle with a wood stock and when you pull it apart you have the stock in two pieces - same as when it is put together.

The furniture will be like everything else "appearance wise" when it comes to guns. It's all in what the public wants. If enough people like me "want it" then someone will start making them. Of course I could have one made by someone who knows enough about wood working but I suspect it would require a lot of time to make one at a time, so cost would be far more than I would pay. The rifle it's self is certainly not going to be for everyone. You already see a lot of detractors before anyone even has one. PCC's are not what everyone wants. A hell of a lot of people do though and these are going to be a hot selling item. Now just a mater of time to see if enough show an interest in wood for them. If so someone will start offering it. Have not asked the Wife about it for her take down 10/22. I think that would look much better too this way. On that one will let her decide.

Oh don't get me wrong! I would have preferred it in wood also but it would have most likely DOUBLED the price!
That will of course be a sticking point, cost. I know I would love wood stuff on it. Not sure how much I would be willing to pay for it. Will have to wait and see what the after market does. If it ends up being as much as the rifle I guess I will live with the plastic. If someone comes out with one for under $200 or so? I would be VERY tempted. If it was in the $100 range? I would be ordering one right then and there. It will all come down to cost vs what the masses want to pay. Not that I will feel too bad if i have to live with the plastic stuff :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top