JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bet they do other calibers if this is a success.
I don't gamble but on that I would lay money. These will be a huge success so of course more calibers will be next. For now I can live with one in 9mm since I already have 2 PCC's in that caliber and love shooting them. One of the others will go in as trade in on the first one of these as soon as I can order up one.

Ive walked out of there when something was on sale plus employee discount ( 15% on homewares which guns are a part of ) and the 10% military discount and Ive felt like I was stealing it and more than likely paid less than they did.
Hell they make enough off me to make up for what they lost on yours. :)
I seriously do like their stores though. On grocery stuff I tend to not really pay attention to price. I know what I want and just buy it. There is a Safeway close to work that I sometimes will stop at on the way home since it's open and Freddie is not. I can see a large difference in price on stuff I buy. Enough so I make a point of if I have to stop there I only grab what I needed then and will make a trip to Fred's later for everything else.

I was just inspired to dig into my old Stack of riflemans... one of which (august 64')has the first ad, and in the september issue they did the first review for the 10/22... very interesting!
The very first 10/22 ad(see pic)mentions its similarity to the 44 carbine in the first paragraph.. today with the new PC9 they made sure to point out the similarities to the 10/22...
I wonder if the folks reading it for the first time were as excited about new products like this as we are nowadays? I wonder if anybody had any idea how popular the 10/22 was about to become? IMG_4144.JPG IMG_4145.JPG

Has anyone been able to find one? I'm getting the runaround from everyone in the supply chain here. Ruger says "we only wholesale, check with a distributor". Distributors say "no online orders, contact your local retailer". Local retailers all say "we get what the distributor sends us". So tell me, Ruger, how the hell is someone actually supposed to make a purchase on one of these?

Has anyone been able to find one? I'm getting the runaround from everyone in the supply chain here. Ruger says "we only wholesale, check with a distributor". Distributors say "no online orders, contact your local retailer". Local retailers all say "we get what the distributor sends us". So tell me, Ruger, how the hell is someone actually supposed to make a purchase on one of these?

This is totally normal. Any time something new hits that is going to be a hit it takes time to fill the pipeline. The first place they will be found to just buy is the auctions. They will sell for a premium to those who would rather pay more than wait.
Most firearm manufacturers do not sell guns to dealers. They make up cases of a gun and load them to a handful of distributors. Every FFL holding dealer has to deal with these people. The bigger the customer the sooner they get something in, in demand. So you can call around, some places will even let you preorder at a set price now, you may stumble on one at a shop, check the auctions and buy there when price hits what you are willing to pay. If you want the best price you have to wait till they catch up. I really want one but since I have several PCC's I will be waiting till Davidson's has one I can order up.

Watch the classifieds.. $1000 and it's yours! prolly

This^^^

I just checked out some video reviews and it looks a bunch better than I expected.
I'm not sure of the round count on the Ruger mags, but with the Glock mag adapter and a 33 round mag you could do some serious plinking.

This^^^

I just checked out some video reviews and it looks a bunch better than I expected.
I'm not sure of the round count on the Ruger mags, but with the Glock mag adapter and a 33 round mag you could do some serious plinking.
The OEM for the American 9mm are 17 (assuming state allows). The way they made this rifle take Glock mags is one of the BIG selling points. That alone will make a lot more of these sell.

Isn't there a take down carbine that takes Glock magazines already on the market?

E
You mean like this? Have 2 of these, one in 9mm, one in .45. For the .45 I have a drop in 10mm conversion. Can swap it at the range just drop in bolt and barrel and it's now 10mm or back to .45. This will not stop me from buying one of the Rugers as soon as I can order one but I have LONG been a PCC fanboy. Have a couple of the folding Kel-Tecs too. They will be trade ins for the Rugers. I do love the TNW design. Especially the way they convert to many calibers on the same receiver. Since they take Glock mags the Ruger will be a nice addition. Already have the mags :)

ASRHNDG.jpg ASR.jpg

I really want one and even though I told myself I wouldn't buy a gun this year I would renig and buy one of these in a heartbeat.

The hard part is do you buy it right away or wait. The TNW aero rifle started around $450-$550 and now the prices jumped after the first couple years the price jumped a couple hundred dollars.

So of I happen to find it in stock somewhere I'll probably pull the trigger

Make it a bullpup with the OAL at minimum legally allowed without SBR stamp, 26" I believe... and then we have a winner.
26" with a 16" barrel. But if I were getting a bullpup, or rather another one, it would be another AUG.

Its a shame that the 9mm conversion kit for it is now over 2 grand thanks to the ATF. :(

I really want one and even though I told myself I wouldn't buy a gun this year I would renig and buy one of these in a heartbeat.

The hard part is do you buy it right away or wait. The TNW aero rifle started around $450-$550 and now the prices jumped after the first couple years the price jumped a couple hundred dollars.

So of I happen to find it in stock somewhere I'll probably pull the trigger

They (TNW) are becoming far easier to find now than when I bought mine. When I first got to shoot one I was in love. No shop had any idea what I was asking for. So ordered first one from the auctions. Shop that transferred it was interested when they saw it. Second one got from Welcher's here. That shop all the people working there had never heard of it either and were all commenting on it. They list them now for just under $700. Auction has a ton of them around $600 then of course you have to add in the shipping and transfer. TNW is also offering an 80% build on these you can of course just buy direct for those who want to go this route.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top