JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I could pass a BGC, a mental health eval could pass the POST test and would be willing to take a couple shifts a week guarding my kids school. I wonder who's standing in my way from doing so.
thank you for making a proposal, a step forward, rather than a bunch of finger pointing. It is not us versus them. We, as a people have a problem.
Who else has a realistic, positive, suggestion?

Here is the Prez already at it with minimal info and inconveniently ignored facts for what is known:

Brandon's got nothing new to offer that doesn't include trampling on my rights. How about doing something about the mental health crisis in this country. Or stop teaching our children to be gender confused…

Brandon's got nothing new to offer that doesn't include trampling on my rights. How about doing something about the mental health crisis in this country. Or stop teaching our children to be gender confused…
Or handing the lonely and deranged a guaranteed ticket to fame for lashing out in this particular manner.

It's pretty simple math.

Biden asks lawmakers to "turn this pain into action" in emotional White House remarks

From CNN's Paul LeBlanc

5cb5f44f-8430-44f7-b24f-8db675fc9aae.jpg

I could pass a BGC, a mental health eval could pass the POST test and would be willing to take a couple shifts a week guarding my kids school. I wonder who's standing in my way from doing so.
Unpopular opinion on this forum- People are okay with teachers and school security carrying firearms around children as long as they can pass a battery of mental fitness test and background checks. They are not okay with any gang banger or future school shooter having to pass those same tests to purchase a firearm because the 2nd amendment doesn't mention seeing a shrink to bear arms. There has to be some sort of midddle ground here

Politicians are creaming their elitist undergarments over this newest tragedy.

Not directed at any one party.
Not exempted from either wing.

I won't watch any of them speak about this event, because it is a means to their insatiable quest for more power and control. They pee on the bodies of children...

Going to be some serious drinking tonight to blunt the questions that should be asked, but won't be.

Unpopular opinion on this forum- People are okay with teachers and school security carrying firearms around children as long as they can pass a battery of mental fitness test and background checks. They are not okay with any gang banger or future school shooter having to pass those same tests to purchase a firearm because the 2nd amendment doesn't mention seeing a shrink to bear arms. There has to be some sort of midddle ground here
There is a difference, cops also have to undergo more scrutiny than the rest of us, so then if teachers and guards carry guns to protect the children then they should have to undergo the same amount of extra scrutiny.

My wife teaches middle school special ed in Beaverton so when she gets home I'll ask her if she knows how elementary schools are set up for security. Hers is very tight and there's quite a protocol for lock downs and such.
All I know is if I ever want to pick up my kiddo at elementary at non pickup time it is a nightmare. You cannot just walk in. Not even close. Usually takes at least 15 minutes to get in the building. No armed security or other uniformed type security that I have seen though.

Probably vastly different for every school district I would guess, but only guessing.

Edit: I just realized a previous elementary in the same school district I was able to just walk in. So it must be school-specific.

Last Edited:
I believe you are conflating that position with a few different arguments.

The left is ok with police officers being in school with guns, the argument is to be consistent. If they are ok with that then they should be ok with other people who can pass those same qualifications.

My question: why should my civil rights be infringed upon because other people commit evil acts?

I want to know why public schools are so opposed to having security and bag check at the door. You can't go to a concert or a football game or get on an airplane without getting checked. You can't show up for jury duty without getting checked. Public schools are continuously targeted in these types of attacks. If they are worried about the optics that's BS.

thank you for making a proposal, a step forward, rather than a bunch of finger pointing. It is not us versus them. We, as a people have a problem.
Who else has a realistic, positive, suggestion?
Kill criminals… enforce laws… make prisons miserable vs the hotel they are currently… the whole
consequences for your actions thing… instill responsibility… teach your children conflict resolution… let kids fight with their fists… quit preparing the road for the children, rather than preparing the children for the road… stop all the coddling BS… put school resource officers back in schools…

It all starts with what is taught and enforced in the home. The family aspect to a child's life is important but the left is hyper focused on destroying the "traditional" family unit. Parents need to parent and quit relying on a screen, teachers, coaches, and LEO to raise their children. Period.

Edit - as a parent or some one with minors in the house it is your responsibility to teach about and secure your firearms so they are out of reach of children and the mentally ill.

Last Edited:
I want to know why public schools are so opposed to having security and bag check at the door. You can't go to a concert or a football game or get on an airplane without getting checked. You can't show up for jury duty without getting checked. Public schools are continuously targeted in these types of attacks. If they are worried about the optics that's BS.
Really, would you like us to all carry around passports like the Soviet union and undergo constant checks anytime the powers that be in there infinite wisdom choose to check us, even come to our home to check us. What you were suggesting my friend is a slippery slope.

Really, would you like us to all carry around passports like the Soviet union and undergo constant checks anytime the powers that be in there infinite wisdom choose to check us, even come to our home to check us. What you were suggesting my friend is a slippery slope.
All I know is private schools don't seem to have mass shootings. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

No, but I saw in an article where Obama of course had to chime in on what happened and in that chiming in he dumped on conservatives and Republicans again in his usual dogmatic garbage.

All I know is private schools don't seem to have mass shootings. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
I wasn't picking on you, we just have to find a line where we can try to fix this problem but not curtail our rights otherwise we're going to end up with a Covid like situation where we're all in lockdown without any rights but yet we're safe.

Because that would take work, every day and people are lazy. As well as getting more and more complacent in their jobs.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top