JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
All I'll say is this is too close for coincidence as several here have stated. Of course the buzzwords are getting spouted out by the media like a bunch of parrots, "common sense gun laws", "no one needs "assault" weapons" etc. Not at the expense of yours and my rights.
It should be real easy to back that up with a chart showing all these "coincidences" and their relation to election cycles, right? And yet, that doesn't exist and besides, that is not how the burden of proof works. Past experience has taught me this is a fool's errand, but hope springs eternal and all that :)

So for all of you that have stated that "this is too close for coincidence" I would ask that you back that up with actual data. Otherwise I would suggest that that claim is nothing more than "fake news"

Because that would take work, every day and people are lazy. As well as getting more and more complacent in their jobs.
Tell me about it, I work in the medical field and we're having a hard time filling staff because a lot of the individuals applying for jobs don't want to have the extra responsibilities due to the pandemic. Is that not what people in the medical field are supposed to do; care for other people? but yet they're too lazy so they don't want to take the job?

I wasn't picking on you, we just have to find a line where we can try to fix this problem but not curtail our rights otherwise we're going to end up with a Covid like situation where we're all in lockdown without any rights but yet we're safe.
"Safe" I will never depend on the Government for anything. Especially for the safety of my family and I.

Brandon's got nothing new to offer that doesn't include trampling on my rights. How about doing something about the mental health crisis in this country. Or stop teaching our children to be gender confused…
You do know that that isn't a new thing, right? Like a bunch of the books they burned in Germany where from the Institut für Sexualwissenschaft and many cultures around the world have recognised gender fluidity or non binary alignment without judgment It was even a topic in the 1970's movie Little Big Man
Not saying "it", or banning books about it or manufacturing a fake hysteria around 'grooming' isn't going make it go away.

You do know that that isn't a new thing, right? Like a bunch of the books they burned in Germany where from the Institut für Sexualwissenschaft and many cultures around the world have recognised gender fluidity or non binary alignment without judgment It was even a topic in the 1970's movie Little Big Man
Not saying "it", or banning books about it or manufacturing a fake hysteria around 'grooming' isn't going make it go away.
Let's make this simple. There are 2 genders. I don't really care what others "tell" me. One can live in their own little world but that doesn't mean I have to agree with or acknowledge it.

Let's make this simple. There are 2 genders. I don't really care what others "tell" me. One can live in their own little world but that doesn't mean I have to agree with or acknowledge it.
JMHO but denying history and reality sounds more like living in your own little world, but again, that's just me

I would expect them to push for an assault weapons ban like USA had from 1994-2004, and they may even try to go after existing ones, who knows. With a death toll of 21 this is going to be big I expect.

Possibly they will bypass Congress this time. Atf has been setting the stage for it. Atf is not done with the precedent setting needed to do it yet, but based on previous massive overreaches of power by ATF they may well try to ram it through. All they have to do is simply redefine what a rifle is and make a new assault weapons scorecard. Both these precedents are set with the brace regulations. This is why the brace regulations which will come out in august are so critical. It gives them a method to go after assault weapons.

Last Edited:
JMHO but denying history and reality sounds more like living in your own little world, but again, that's just me
The history of what? An unknown number of genders… or being able to identify as a cat and wear fake ears while licking yourself at school?

If you send your kid to public elementary school, you by definition are depending on the government for the safety of your family.
Don't have kids. And if I do they will never step foot in a public school.

I wasn't picking on you, we just have to find a line where we can try to fix this problem but not curtail our rights otherwise we're going to end up with a Covid like situation where we're all in lockdown without any rights but yet we're safe.
The solution is in Post #115.

That'll take care of most of societies ailments…

9/10 kids, even from conservative 2A supporting households, attend public school. Just a fact of life.
That's fine. It should be the parents choice where they want to send their children. No matter what side of the aisle you stand on.

Unfortunately, that's likely quite true. Some sick sense of "personal infamy" to go out in a flame of doing one more grotesque than their "hero". You can't really fight human depravity and if it wasn't a firearm it would likely be something else, like a random bombing that would instead be branded "domestic terrorism" vs. "mass shooting".
Yes there were warnings

Who else has a realistic, positive, suggestion?
Good question, I'll bite.

How about... hmm.... thinking here.....ah, at least a base hit:
A(n) (inter)national program that promotes self-defense and quit relying on the system to take care of you when in need?

How we ever got out of the caves astounds me sometimes. Ow, tiger bite, ban teeth.

And now it's 18 kids dead .
And he had handgun and two rifles.
Go figure.
Posted threatening post online days before.
Lol

And now it's 18 kids dead .
And he had handgun and two rifles.
Go figure.
Posted threatening post online days before.
Lol
Here is the problem with red flagging "threats" online. Whether it's a threat or not is the perception of the individual reading the statement unless it's blatant. So to an anti-gunner simply saying hi to one another on this page could be construed as a threat to them and then they report us? This is yet another slippery slope which is generally used by those with vile intentions towards people who do not tow the party line.

Here is the problem with red flagging "threats" online. Whether it's a threat or not is the perception of the individual reading the statement unless it's blatant. So to an anti-gunner simply saying hi to one another on this page could be construed as a threat to them and then they report us? This is yet another slippery slope which is generally used by those with vile intentions towards people who do not tow the party line.
That may be true but here's the deal if you make a threat online or face to face it should be taken seriously now.
Nowadays.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews